SURVEY: Should Donald Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

Scott

SURVEY: Should Donald Trump receive the Nobel Peace Prize?  

378 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

North and South Korea will not be United peace maybe.

The south doesn't even want it it would bankrupt them overnight for one thing.

So what role did Trump play in the negotiations between the N and S Korea? I wonder what role Trumps trade war with China has played in this? Have China and N/S Korea decided they should unite against the USA? Trump could well be responsible for uniting the Korea's, but in an inadvertent way. 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just happened to watch question time on BBC one the first question was on this and no one thought he should.

Actually it's the first time I have ever seen the panel in agreement.

Edit I Just finished watching the whole thing the rest of the Show they were at each other's throats.

So I suppose he can bring peace sometimes if they are all in the agreement he shouldn't get the Nobel peace prize.

• Like 1

He won't get it. 
Even if he succeeds on the Korea thing and that is still a BIG IF, the other stuff he has done is so utterly deplorable and the opposite of what a peace prize winner should be doing (exiting the Paris accord). 
Yep all the posters in support of him getting it seem to conveniently forget about that and the Iran Agreement.

They truly are ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Yep all the posters in support of him getting it seem to conveniently forget about that and the Iran Agreement.

They truly are ridiculous.

Both the Iran nuke *deal* and Paris Accord are meaningless, non-committal sheets of paper. So at this point, what difference does it make?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/12/01/state-department-indicates-that-the-iran-deal-is-not-legally-binding/?utm_term=.f0862f7503fb

https://thinkprogress.org/no-the-paris-climate-agreement-isnt-binding-here-s-why-that-doesn-t-matter-62827c72bb04/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BuriramSam said:

The leader of South Korea says pretty much the opposite. Which person do you agree with? The ally or the communist despot?

Well I would agree with the person with the least likely to gain from saying it was the USA. Kim Jong made a step that his Father and Grand Father never would have considered and he is now telling us why. The Leader of South Korea has already said "we want the US Military to stay whatever the outcome". The only way to stop the Donald going off in a huff is to wax  lyrical and say it was all him. That way the troops stay. If NK and SK take all the credit and leave Trump out in the cold then he WILL pull the troops out (i would wager Trump has said as much on his 'many phone calls" with Moon). I had dinner with an fuel dealer from S Korea at the weekend and that is pretty much his opinion after spending a while with me and Jack Daniels.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mace648 said:

Nobel Prize?...<deleted> no, this POS is doing everything he can to not only destroy America but the entire world. What he deserves is impeachment at the very least.

There is no 'wry smile reaction emoticon', so please recognise my wry smile reaction. :smile:

15 hours ago, Slip said:

North Korea says denuclearization pledge not result of U.S.-led sanctions

SEOUL (Reuters) - North Korea said on Sunday its intention to denuclearize, unveiled at a historic inter-Korean summit, was not the result of U.S.-led sanctions and pressure, warning the United States not to mislead public opinion.

The North’s official KCNA news agency said Washington was “misleading public opinion” by claiming the denuclearization pledge was the result of sanctions and other pressure.

“This act cannot be construed otherwise than a dangerous attempt to ruin the hardly-won atmosphere of dialogue and bring the situation back to square one,” the spokesman was quoted as saying.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-southkorea/north-korea-says-denuclearization-pledge-not-result-of-us-led-sanctions-idUSKBN1I703M

They would say that wouldn't they. And that may indeed be the case. It may also be the case that the current push for denuclearization stems from their creating a radiological wasteland in the north of North Korea

• Like 1

Just now, lannarebirth said:

They would say that wouldn't they. And that may indeed be the case. It may also be the case that the current push for denuclearization stems from their creating a radiological wasteland in the north of North Korea

Yes- absolutely.  Having buggered up their mountain they have few choices.  On the other hand they may have several other mountains in the range and it's all a bluff. It is all seems out of my pay range to be honest.

15 hours ago, Slip said:

Did you not notice that this article was from Reuters?  Simply because you do not agree with the content of an article does not make it propaganda. Reuters are fulfilling their role by reporting what the North Koreans are saying.  If you choose not to believe what they say or feel that it is lies or of no value that is your choice and right.

As for the rest of your rant ill-informed rant, please make such posts independently of mine.

I can't wait for the mid-terms either.  It will be (hopefully) great to see the corrupt politicians of the GOP get their just desserts.

One could add that "denuclearization" doesn't mean much without the "how" and "when"!

It seems that many are dreaming that Kim Jong Un is going to say something like "please uncle Donald, take my nuclear weapons with you and don't hurt me and my country, please!".

Well I am sorry to say that this is not gonna happen...

Trump will be presented with a nice package, very tempting from the outside, yet full of knots and booby traps, such as reasonable demands when seen by the rest of the world, yet unacceptable for the US who is not ready to negociate anything!

In other words, the whole game is to show the world that North Korea is open and ready to move forward while the US doesn't want to play ball...a situation similar with most deals involving the US (Paris climate deal, Iran deal...).

As for November, the Republicans will probably lose a lot of seats, but that won't change anything since both sides only differ in name...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

One could add that "denuclearization" doesn't mean much without the "how" and "when"!

It seems that many are dreaming that Kim Jong Un is going to say something like "please uncle Donald, take my nuclear weapons with you and don't hurt me and my country, please!".

Well I am sorry to say that this is not gonna happen...

Trump will be presented with a nice package, very tempting from the outside, yet full of knots and booby traps, such as reasonable demands when seen by the rest of the world, yet unacceptable for the US who is not ready to negociate anything!

In other words, the whole game is to show the world that North Korea is open and ready to move forward while the US doesn't want to play ball...a situation similar with most deals involving the US (Paris climate deal, Iran deal...).

As for November, the Republicans will probably lose a lot of seats, but that won't change anything since both sides only differ in name...

These inscrutable asians.  As for November I suspect you are entirely correct- just like in good old blighty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BuriramSam said:

They are not binding because the US doesn't want them to be!!!

So it can move out whenever it feels like it!

The US has no friends, but only allies, a.k.a. vassals, who follow the line or else.

Treaties don't mean anything to this bully, only submission does!

Spot on for the second part I wonder if he don't wipe us out historians will look back at this time as when there was a Mad POTUS like when they look back George the third as the Mad King.

Obama rightly deserved the award. Trump deserves to be imprached and jailed.

3 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

He was the first black man to be elected in USA as POSUS, which is as miricle considering the KKK still exists today.

The KKK have very little influence on the USA and USA Politics , didnt Obama also bomb other Countries ?

Him being nice and friendly to other Countries caused the rise of NK .

I ve never understood the theory behind him being half caste should make him eligible for winning a prize .

I am almost certain he didn't deserve a Nobel peace prize but I am a million times more certain trump don't deserve one.

The KKK have very little influence on the USA and USA Politics , didnt Obama also bomb other Countries ?
   Him being nice and friendly to other Countries caused the rise of NK .
I ve never understood the theory behind him being half caste should make him eligible for winning a prize .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

He was the first black man to be elected in USA as POSUS, which is as miricle considering the KKK still exists today.

That was probably the reason for the black nobel, black oscars, black this and that. It was fashion at the time. Then they tried to shoe in Hillary to do the same with women, well that bombed. Gays already had their 15mins of fame. Maybe next time it'll be straight white middle aged men, they seem to be becoming a minority.

He called the leader of one of the most dangerous leaders on the planet Little Rocket man , treating him with the total contempt he deserved.

The terrifyingly dangerous situation the world is in was due to weakness on the part of previous Presidents but Trumps diplomacy or lack off

seems to have brought the North Korean dictator to realize that Trump is deadly serious and he has got that bigger button ready and waiting.

He made China an offer they could not refuse and eventually Little Rocket Man has got it. "This is no time for playing chicken"

The Nobel Peace Price?? does he even want it?........he'd rather have the respect he deserves from the clowns at MSNBC, Childish News Network and all the other Fake News media who would rather listen to Stormy in Denial or talk talk talk about Russia Russia Russia in an attempt to get a Dem back in the Whitehouse........sorry not going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

The main reason (there are several) is that he got the people behind him, regardless of their colour and wanted a united nation. He also spead good will to his allies and gave hope  throughout the world. He was the first black man to be elected in USA as POSUS, which is as miricle considering the KKK still exists today.

Exact opposite of Tangerine Pig by all accounts. Lol.

Against all this you have to balance the CIVILIAN lives lost in illegal wars and drone bombing. 44 never should have won the NPP.

• Like 1

He called the leader of one of the most dangerous leaders on the planet Little Rocket man , treating him with the total contempt he deserved.

The terrifyingly dangerous situation the world is in was due to weakness on the part of previous Presidents but Trumps diplomacy or lack off

seems to have brought the North Korean dictator to realize that Trump is deadly serious and he has got that bigger button ready and waiting.

He made China an offer they could not refuse and eventually Little Rocket Man has got it. "This is no time for playing chicken"

The Nobel Peace Price?? does he even want it?........he'd rather have the respect he deserves from the clowns at MSNBC, Childish News Network and all the other Fake News media who would rather listen to Stormy in Denial or talk talk talk about Russia Russia Russia in an attempt to get a Dem back in the Whitehouse........sorry not going to happen.

"He called the leader of one of the most dangerous leaders on the planet Little Rocketman, treating him with the total contempt he deserved."

And Risked a nuclear war in the process and you think that deserves a Nobel Peace Prize BY RISKING A NUCLEAR WAR you must be as mad as him.

What happens when he tries this tactic with Russia or China?

I mean he isn't even halfway through his term yet and he still has plenty of chances to start WW3. Let's watch the news today see what happens with the Iran deal.

"The Nobel Peace Price?? does he even want it?...."

Of course he dose he is a megalomaniac who puts his name on anything what a stupid question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpeakeasyThai said:

Obama rightly deserved the award. Trump deserves to be impeached and jailed.

That is just words that you can't back up. What on earth did he do to deserve the prize?.

After what he and Hillary did in Beghazi which led to the deaths of Chris Stevens Sean Smith Glen Dohert and Tryrone Woods

Ignoring not a few but hundreds of requests for more security. The only reason compound was still there was because they didn't want to admit by withdrawing they had messed up and the place was more dangerous than ever. Then they lied to the faces of the Father of Tyrone and the Mother of Sean claiming it was a video that caused the attack and not terrorists. 

Nobel Peace prize the man should have been thrown out of office there and then

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, juice777 said:

"He called the leader of one of the most dangerous leaders on the planet Little Rocketman, treating him with the total contempt he deserved."

And Risked a nuclear war in the process and you think that deserves a Nobel Peace Prize BY RISKING A NUCLEAR WAR you must be as mad as him.

Just ignoring the situation would have made things worse in the future .

With NK threatening the USA with Nukes , the problem HAD to be addressed , sort the issue out NOW, before waiting until NK had full nukes and thus risking a nuclear war.

1 minute ago, juice777 said:

What happens when he tries this tactic with Russia or China?

"The Nobel Peace Price?? does he even want it?...."

Of course he dose he is a megalomaniac who puts his name on anything what a stupid question.

That's cool never met anyone who could spell megalomaniac but can't spell does..Must be a Democrat

• Like 1
  • Sad 1