What on earth happened to Nana Plaza?

thaibeachlovers

4 minutes ago, Wake Up said:

Cost you 2500 baht for the first lesson same as I  paid.

Yes you think you know sex until some beautiful girls without inhibitions show you what you have been missing. I have been in your shoes and nothing I say can or will change your mind so I am bowing out of the discussion. Hopefully one day Nan or Pom or Pim or Paa blows your mind for you and teaches you how to be pleasured properly and how to properly pleasure a women and becomes one of your favorites and regulars. Wham bam thank you ma’am is highly overrated. 

Not sure what you experienced that the rest of us haven't?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, it's not wrong to think that they could teach a thing or 2.:whistling:

Like in every art, you have the honest workers, the dishonest, the excellent and the artist ( or so i'm told )

A good rub out is a good rub out, is it not?

• Like 1

Hardly surprising seeing as both of those places have always been 100% ladyboy bars. 

Of course. But I was replying to a post about attractive girls. These two bars have the better looking, prettier, more feminine ladyboys; Casanova and Cascade have the more Amazonian, "bigger" ones.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know how common it is but in some of the gogo bars the girls can work "freelance". When they work they get paid and if not then not.

i have never heard of it in pattaya, it has to be very uncommon,

are you 100% sure of this ? i think it might be a misunderstanding

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wake Up said:

Yes you think you know sex until some beautiful girls without inhibitions show you what you have been missing. I have been in your shoes and nothing I say can or will change your mind so I am bowing out of the discussion. Hopefully one day Nan or Pom or Pim or Paa or all four at the same time blows your mind for you and teaches you how to be pleasured properly and how to properly pleasure a women and becomes one of your favorites and regulars. Wham bam thank you ma’am is highly overrated. 

You certainly havent walked in my shoes , if you had, you would have been getting all of the above regularly, without having to pay for the experience .

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, smotherb said:

Try the 60's and 70's my man. By the 80's and 90's I had 20-30 years at it. Things can be close to what they were, it just costs more and there are fewer opportunities for their occurrence. 

So you've been frequenting Thai bars since the 60's? How old were you when you started? Are you still at it?

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:37 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Good comment!

I see from time to time YouTube videos about Nana, Cowboy, etc. And the new arrivals still can't believe how good it is - similar to my experience more than 20 years ago.

When I arrived in the land of smiles I though almost all girls are pretty. Now I think maybe 10% of them are according to my taste. But I pretty sure that even one of the average Nana girls would be a stunner compared to what's available "back home".

I am sure lots of things really changed. But a big part is also what we remember from the time when we were young(er) and the first time in Thailand.

I will always appreciate the fun. Even in the daytime if your on vacation you can fin a fun place Nana Soi 4 area that is open to get some companionship even if just talking. My fault is I can't just do the holiday in Bangkok like that anymore as I live here. Maybe a few days in Phuket would be fun, but only if I turned off and tuned out. Vietnam is a different story though! 

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

I am 73 and hit my first Thai bar in 1967. Yes, I still like the bars and I actually like some of the women. I learned long ago to talk to the bar girls just like they were humans too. So, I think I have a good handle on their games, attitudes and rationale. I believe I even have some good friends among the working girls. Of course, I do not play the customer. I am married and love my wife, but I do enjoy a bit of carousing with the boys. I was in the Papagayo in Pattaya some months back and a dancer came up to me, greeted me by name and asked about some old friends of mine. It seems I met her some 25 years ago while bar-hopping with those friends. Apparently, she had a short relationship with one of them. What a marvelous memory some of the girls have, even after so many men in their lives. This one was still dancing at 45 or so; and not too hard to look at. 

Although they are obviously human, they are far from "normal" humans and caution is advised when handling them. Treat them too nice and they'll have you for breakfast.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wake Up said:

Yes you think you know sex until some beautiful girls without inhibitions show you what you have been missing. I have been in your shoes and nothing I say can or will change your mind so I am bowing out of the discussion. Hopefully one day Nan or Pom or Pim or Paa or all four at the same time blows your mind for you and teaches you how to be pleasured properly and how to properly pleasure a women and becomes one of your favorites and regulars. Wham bam thank you ma’am is highly overrated. 

Wait. You perform oral sex on hookers? Ewww. That's like renting a car, taking it to the car wash, then immediately returning it.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

You certainly havent walked in my shoes , if you had, you would have been getting all of the above regularly, without having to pay for the experience .

Take very, very good care of her.

• Thanks 1

I think i read somewhere the leases of the bars in Nana are owned by the UK boiler room mafia as a way to straighten their money. I wont knowing go into one to help them, as i know two people personally that got ripped off by them.

IMHO just about everywhere was better in the 90's but of course I was a lot younger in my 30's

Issan pop is the new music scourge in gogo's, its like Sonkgran all the year round. Its not just Thai owners, plenty Farang owned places play the worst music.

Down Pattaya way its hard to get a seat in the small but very successful "Mod" Scooter bars. Purely because of the music.

Plug for Sweethearts gogo on Walking Street, stuck with good rock music for years, and do very well with it 

35 minutes ago, bartender100 said:

I think i read somewhere the leases of the bars in Nana are owned by the UK boiler room mafia as a way to straighten their money. I wont knowing go into one to help them, as i know two people personally that got ripped off by them.

IMHO just about everywhere was better in the 90's but of course I was a lot younger in my 30's

Issan pop is the new music scourge in gogo's, its like Sonkgran all the year round. Its not just Thai owners, plenty Farang owned places play the worst music.

Down Pattaya way its hard to get a seat in the small but very successful "Mod" Scooter bars. Purely because of the music.

Plug for Sweethearts gogo on Walking Street, stuck with good rock music for years, and do very well with it 

Googling the phrases Nana Plaza and boiler rooms comes up with a lot of background about this and it's very convincing.  A journalist who covered farang affairs for years has written about this at length but I understand it's not allowed to link to his website.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bartender100 said:

So do you prefer to give your money to police and other criminals who run them?

10 hours ago, poanoi said:
11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know how common it is but in some of the gogo bars the girls can work "freelance". When they work they get paid and if not then not.

i have never heard of it in pattaya, it has to be very uncommon,

are you 100% sure of this ? i think it might be a misunderstanding

I know it from a girl from Baccara, Soi Cowboy, who worked like that.

4 hours ago, Hooplehead said:

Wait. You perform oral sex on hookers? Ewww. That's like renting a car, taking it to the car wash, then immediately returning it.

So, you are equating oral sex to a car wash? I fail to see the analogy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know it from a girl from Baccara, Soi Cowboy, who worked like that.

I think you will find the working stipulations for bar girls is similar to any profession; they better you are at it, the more easily you can write your own contract.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, smotherb said:

I think you will find the working stipulations for bar girls is similar to any profession; they better you are at it, the more easily you can write your own contract.

She was pretty hot. But it seems that was no special rule just for her. It was just one of the options to work in that place.

21 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

She was pretty hot. But it seems that was no special rule just for her. It was just one of the options to work in that place.

Sure, some bars are very strict, some are more lax. However, one should never underestimate a great worker; they can usually write their own rules.

• Like 1

Sweethearts in Walking Street, Pattaya is now undergoing major refurbishment and will no longer play rock music when it re-opens.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, smotherb said:

You seem to be going at it incorrectly. You do not need to buy them drinks? Try telling bigger lies or funny stories. After all, it is only a game. Get them to talk to you without buying drinks. Of course, that means you have to have a personality and need a way to communicate. Simple games or magic tricks work wonders if you cannot converse. If you have to break the ice, play a game. I like to cut a straw into five pieces, one longer than the others, and have them draw straws for a drink. Have five girls around you and buy one drink. Or better yet, have only three or four girls and five straws; with enough practice and a bit of trickery, you can almost guarantee you buy no drinks.  Spend a few baht on food and share it with the girls. If they insist you buy them a drink, make them buy you a drink first. It's all just a game. Like any game, it is best if you choose the playing field; bars with many girls, but few customers are easiest. However, once you break the ice, they will still talk to you, no matter the number of customers.  Some of them are pretty funny, some are even smart, and some are like playing with snakes; all part of the game.

I am one of those people who doesnt lie , I just cannot lie to people .

I also have no desire to talk to them , I know many of them in real life, away from the bars and I have little desire to talk to them in the day time, let alone going out for a drink with them .

I did used to be quite friendly with some of the girls, but I found the constant lies impossible to deal with , everyday a different contrasting story .

Sitting in a bar. lying to each other to keep each other amused and playing games to keep amused , sounds more like an entertainer at a childs party

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, poanoi said:

for the same money, would you rather shag a 30 yo stunner or a coffin dodger,

or would you be indifferent ?

they make good money on shagging coffin dodgers too,

but to keep their sanity they have the wits to shag a younger performer once in a while,

and are willing to pay for it, so as to not get permanently turned off

One has to understand that for a pro, having a guy shag her is like going to the toilet. It's something that one does because one has to, but is not normally pleasurable. If a pro can't do that she shouldn't be in that occupation.

Being able to fake an orgasm is a plus if wanting repeat episodes with the same guy.

Personally, I'd like #99 in a certain Nana gogo to pretend to enjoy sex with me, but, to be frank, I'd take any reasonable looking lady as long as she was pleasant looking.

Back to the girl's experience, they can just shut their eyes and think of the baht, as long as the guy isn't abusive. Just because a guy is elderly, it doesn't mean he can't be an agreeable companion for a few hours.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sanemax said:

I know many of them in real life, away from the bars and I have little desire to talk to them in the day time, let alone going out for a drink with them .

LOL. I knew that was a post by you without having looked at the username! :smile:

I'm sure you realise that most of us don't know or live with loads of hookers, and we actually enjoy having a nice looking young lady sitting and pretending to enjoy our company once in a while.

Back in the day, I never had to buy a drink to get a girl to sit with me, and I'd just give them 20 baht when I left, as that was what they got from a lady drink. I never stayed longer than one drink in any bar except Hollywood Royale, and I always had a permanent ( for the length of my holiday ) GF there so I didn't have to buy her any drinks at all.