working with non-immigrant o (married)visa

if I have a non-immigrant O (married)visa, am I allowed to work just with this visa - whenever I want ?

Do I need to inform the immigration-police when I start/quit working?

As far as I know, having this visa there is no minimum salary  or quote for Thai- people employed per farlang required ?

You need a work permit which are issued by the Labour Department. It is possible to have a work permit on a NON-O  (marriage) visa if you have all the necessary documents required by the Labour Department for the work permit.

• Like 1

Indeed you CAN work whilst on a Non-O, that's not an issue although some employers like you to have a Non-B mainly because they don't know you can use an O.

BUT you need a Work Permit, so you can't just work when and where you want unless you set up a company to provide the WP (easier said than done but not impossible).

What do you actually intend doing? If it's "digital nomad" type work online then many simply fly under the radar, tell nobody what you are doing. If it's more visible (teaching, consultancy etc. etc.) then a WP is vital to stay on the correct side of the law.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thian said:

You're not allowed to work with that visa..

You can work on a marriage visa/extension. But you still need someone to give you a job and a WP.

I have been working with a Non-O (Thai Wife) visa for years.  It is permitted.

Having said that, you do need to get a Work Permit and comply with the usual rules for that.  As far as I know, the minimum salary is only needed if you are using your income for the Visa extension.  If you are using 400K฿ in the bank for your visa extension you shouldn't have to worry about. 

Edited by otherstuff1957

6 hours ago, dieter1 said:

if I have a non-immigrant O (married)visa, am I allowed to work just with this visa - whenever I want ?

No. But if a Thai based company offer you formal employment you can work for that company as soon as they get you a work permit.

It’s the work permit that gives you permission to work not the visa. Informal work isn’t allowed even if married.

Do I need to inform the immigration-police when I start/quit working?

No. Your “non-immigrant (married) visa” allows you to work as long as you have a work permit. Immigration do not need to know about the work.

As far as I know, having this visa there is no minimum salary  or quote for Thai- people employed per farlang required ?

The company that employ you will, in most cases, need to employ at least 4 Thais for each foreign worker. Some labour offices will reduce that to 2, but that is dependant on the set up of the company. Expect it to be 4.

There is no set minimum salary to get the work permit, however, the labour office that issue the work permit would need to know what the salary is, and it could affect whether or not the work permit is issued.

As your permission to stay is based on being married to a Thai there is no minimum salary requirement affecting your permission to stay.

In your case your permission to stay (immigration) is not reliant on your permission to work (labour office). Your permission to stay (“visa”) allows you to work once you have permission to work (work permit).

• Like 1

ok, thanks for clarification. so  I can work with Non-O visa (married to Thai)/ single or multiple entrance   and just need work-permit from labour office.

Yes but the "just" need a work permit isn't "just" 

Someone in another related thread was insistent that "section 11" allowed working without a permit if married but I saw no reference to marriage in the section he quoted.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dieter1 said:

ok, thanks for clarification.

so  I can work with Non-O visa (married to Thai)/ single or multiple entrance   and just need work-permit from labour office.

It can also be an extension of stay (married). And you need a sponsoring employer and acceptable job/position.

• Like 1