Illegal tour guide arrested after video of him threatening tourists in Pattaya goes viral

rooster59

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Police have arrested a Chinese man after a clip of showing a tour guide threatening Chinese tourists in Pattaya was shared on social media.

Viewed more than three million times.

RTP takes action. If the video was never made and published, what then - police remain clueless?

This is a fundamental failure by Thai authorities to detect illegal tour guides who operate within Thailand.

Thailand and China governments were to cooperate with such matters in a MOU. Obviously, the Chinese government was just as negligent - as if it really cared.

Edited by Srikcir
verb

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i feel sorry for the decent chinese tourists too. i was in central groove at greyhound having dinner last week and i'd say half the customers were young chinese tourists, all with loads of bags of designer shopping they'd just bought and all very polite, almost a different breed to the tour bus mobs which thankfully i rarely have to experience because of where i live. 

The majority are on low cost budgets. Thailand does not attract the cream of the cream. Sure, you'll see some in CentralWorld as well eating at Groove, but the reality is you'll see many more having dinner at 7-11.

8 minutes ago, lkv said:

The majority are on low cost budgets. Thailand does not attract the cream of the cream. Sure, you'll see some in CentralWorld as well eating at Groove, but the reality is you'll see many more having dinner at 7-11.

yeah but there's still lots of them here. places like the duty free shopping mall in sathorn is usually packed with them, difference is those guys are buying, often in bulk and like i said seem to be much more polite than their tour bus countrymen 

** sure no where near as many as the tour bus lemmings but i think the number of 'decent' chinese tourists is gradually increasing but they'll never be at the kind of numbers those tours bring in. that's impossible

Edited by Happy enough

9 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

yeah but there's still lots of them here. places like the duty free shopping mall in sathorn is usually packed with them, difference is those guys are buying, often in bulk and like i said seem to be much more polite than their tour bus countrymen 

Of course, the wealthier demographic of any country is more educated and behaves in a totally different way than the peasants. This is not limited to China. All I was saying was, since Thailand's largest number of tourists anually is Chinese (about 9 million), the large majority are not high net worth, less educated, and behaving accordingly.

I don't understand why Thai people are so shocked, they dreamed the cream of the cream will be coming. Those generally go to Canada, Australia, etc. But yes, some upper middle class might end up in Thailand as well ?

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Criminal Law in Thailand: The Thailand Penal Code is the codified system of law, or body of laws concerning crimes and offenses against 'the public' (including the Kingdom of Thailand, the King and certain members of the royal family) and or against another person and prescribing a penalty for the one who violates it.

- I've had a look through the Code, but I couldn't find anything about a law concerning "damaging the image of tourism in Thailand".

Can someone provide any information about this Law ?

Edited by andersonat

37 minutes ago, lkv said:

Indeed. Thailand gets what it deserves, which is bottom of the barrel. I've many times witnessed Chinese tourists in Dubai, who are quiet and polite and light years from the rabble that Thailand attracts. Perhaps the Thai authorities might like to address why they mostly attract only the poorest quality people.

51 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Viewed more than three million times.

RTP takes action. If the video was never made and published, what then - police remain clueless?

This is a fundamental failure by Thai authorities to detect illegal tour guides who operate within Thailand.

Thailand and China governments were to cooperate with such matters in a MOU. Obviously, the Chinese government was just as negligent - as if it really cared.

You seriously think that the RTP are blessed with ESP and are able to know about incidents that are not reported to them?

They buy the tour then pay nothing into the Thai restaurants or bars. They disrupt other guests at hotels, slamming doors a shouting at all hours day and night. The ones who occasionally use the swimming pools never go near the shower, and worst of all they are constantly spitting everywhere. Just social pigs.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You seriously think that the RTP are blessed with ESP and are able to know about incidents that are not reported to them?

Where do I refer to ESP?

Ever hear of the term DETECTive?

• Confused 1

I remember going on a tour of China in 1999, very expensive ( I was sponsored) quasi-governmental. Two of the three guides were completely mercenary and many of our official visits were either deleted or hijacked with diversions to factories/shops. We took the tour over in the end and went where we wanted to go, which caused a lot of consternation. Didn’t seem much like a Communist society, best capitalists I’ve ever seen.

Seems the practice is still current and widespread in Thailand. 

I also used to live next to a crocodile leather factory in Chiang Mai that had scores of Chinese tour buses every day, it’s obviously a lucrative trade.