King cobras, rats and pythons

shaemus

On 5/16/2018 at 7:44 PM, tryasimight said:

And yet I've seen a Taipan slither through a group of Guinea Fowl......go figure.

My Jack Russels were the same but......no mercy for anything. Thank Christ they were small dogs....absolute killers....and I loved em.

I have only just started keeping Guinea fowl and am only quoting from what I have read about the snakes had no experience yet.

Have to keep the JRs separated from them otherwise I know who would come out on top.

Fortunately we have enough land for both and self closing gates.

Great little dogs though kept them for years in Aus and brought two here but they past on a few years ago.

• 6 years later...
On 5/16/2018 at 11:28 AM, Huckenfell said:

'If you not bring a snake far away, it will come back' .................     Reminds me of the time that i found a load of Carpet snakes (Python)  in  the roof of my Queensland house. I caught them, put them in a bag and took them about half a klm down the road to a racing stable where they had a few rats running around......Mistake !  within a week, they were mostly all back home !  A Queensland Parks and Wild life officer told me that this will happen every time unless i took them more than 3 klm away. So this is what i did and they did not find their way home again.

i don't have carpet, so i should be ok...555