"Pretty Caddies" - they are not there for the 19th hole, says Thai Media

webfact

"Pretty Caddies" - they are not there for the 19th hole, says Thai Media

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that the Department of Employment and the Department of Skill Development went to four Bangkok golf courses to investigate claims that foreign women were taking Thai jobs as caddies.

They found none - but what they did locate was a section of the caddie workforce known as "Pretty Caddies".

These were all young, tall, charming, good conversationalists even university educated - definitely not a bit of "rough".

They would know their pars from their bogeys and advise on club selection and grip.

"Eagle-eyed" golfers are prepared to pay 2,000-5000 baht for a round with these babes.

51.jpg

But it certainly ended at the 18th - they were not there for 19th hole action, golfers told Daily News.

President of the Department of Skill Development said that suchThais brought skills to the golf course that foreigners couldn't match.

He was happy that no foreigners were taking Thai jobs - but 200 other golf courses would need to be checked too after complaints came in to the government.

Golfers privately told the media that there were foreigners working at the courses and they were often very good and could speak Thai well.

They were from Vietnam, Cambodia, Burma and Laos.

But all the "Pretty Caddies" were definitely Thai.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Eagle-eyed" golfers are prepared to pay 2,000-5000 baht for a round with these babes.

Are they there to play golf at all or just ogle the pretty  birds while occasionally heating the ball?...  

They usually make 300 to 350 b from the course plus the "normal" tip is 300 b.

That is for about 4 to 5 hours work.

But I know some of these girls will wait for the young Koreans or Japanese golfers.

Some have told me these guys tip 1000 b no problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whoever wrote this article clearly had a field day with all the golfing puns.   

….And the golfing innuendos are already flying quicker than a beginner's divot 

Edited by Dmaxdan

A country with such a nationalistc culture, unfortunately doesnt apply to the job market. They whine and howel about illegals working in their country but still they come and are no doubt welomed by those ready to pay low wages.

Oh well i suppose this will take immigration officers a while to check all the golf courses. Playing a few rounds just to be sure all is in order.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thailand said:

There is a golf course in Chiangmai where these young pretties are known as "refreshers".

Played there a few times myself - very 'refreshing' to look at they are too. 

All over Thailand they have lovely caddies on all golf courses.  It didnt matter how bad a shot I played, they always had a lovely smile as they took my club and cleaned it and put it back in the bag. One of the great benefits of playing golf in Thailand. You get a lovely looking caddy for about $20 and no matter how you play, the day has been very enjoyable.  No funny business - ever - not once in nearly 4 years at many courses.  With the wife also playing most days it is not on anyway.  But even when alone it was always very clear - look and enjoy - but no touch.  Some were prety useless as caddies, but they were all lovely :biggrin:.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Whoever wrote this article clearly had a field day with all the golfing puns.   

….And the golfing innuendos are already flying quicker than a beginner's divot 

Does the back or front nine have more bunkers?

2 minutes ago, GBW said:

Correct. The 19th is the bar, always has been and always will be. I played golf for years in Australia, but now living in Thailand, Ive found it more enjoyable to have a caddie. We pay for some  lovely pretty caddies,  I can assure you, they certainly know their stuff. There is never any inclination that their services go beyond the golf course.

For Thai Media to suggest that the 19th is anything but what it is,  cheapens and defames these talented women and their choice of profession.  

You sure, about all that :giggle:

• Like 1