Poll: Half of all foreigners are contemplating or have had a sexual experience with a lady boy

webfact

About time this Thread was moved to that  special place on Tv.  :1zgarz5:

You know it's not such a bad idea to have a ladyboy fan subforum but then again there are specialized outside sites where that would be a better fit. People really do seem to be fascinated by the topic!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You know it's not such a bad idea to have a ladyboy fan subforum but then again there are specialized outside sites where that would be a better fit. People really do seem to be fascinated by the topic!

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I agree, there should be a ladyboy forum with subforums.

♡Ladyboy forum

● News

● Fashion

● Chat

● Music

● Beauty tips

Edited by tukkytuktuk

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are any women attracted sexually to ladyboys?

Can't say I know any.

Of course, most are just in it for the money and have FT GFs. Just like asking if women dating old farang aren't attracted to young Thai men.

I wonder if the apparently high number of ladyboys correlates in any way to the apparently high incidence of child sexual abuse. Do young boys get molested at home, school, temple then assume a sexual identity that's about giving sexual pleasure to men? Abuse, incest, and rape seem to launch many women into sex work; could be same for ladyboys.

In the old days, Thai families with only sons who wanted a daughter would raise the youngest as a katoey. Perhaps not common anymore, but it shows that like nature, nurture plays a role. Anyway, live and let live has always been and shall always be my motto.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Puwa said:

I wonder if the apparently high number of ladyboys correlates in any way to the apparently high incidence of child sexual abuse. Do young boys get molested at home, school, temple then assume a sexual identity that's about giving sexual pleasure to men? Abuse, incest, and rape seem to launch many women into sex work; could be same for ladyboys.

In the old days, Thai families with only sons who wanted a daughter would raise the youngest as a katoey. Perhaps not common anymore, but it shows that like nature, nurture plays a role. Anyway, live and let live has always been and shall always be my motto.

Your first paragraph makes a very good point. I think you may be right.

2 hours ago, Puwa said:

I believe it maybe like the bar girls sent off by the families to work in the sex trade as an occupation. The boys, as the village does, looks at the girls as bread winners and as such look to do the same. The fact that such a large percentage of lady boys end up in the trade tells me it's more about economics, making more money than slaving away back home. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Puwa said:

I wonder if the apparently high number of ladyboys correlates in any way to the apparently high incidence of child sexual abuse.

I reckon you just made up that theory out of thin air and can provide no supporting evidence either.

A similar garbage theory about why men are gay has been promoted for years by anti-gay hate speech organizations in the U.S. There never has been any credible scientific evidence to back up such theories.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I reckon you just made up that theory out of thin air and can provide no supporting evidence either.

A similar garbage theory about why men are gay has been promoted for years by anti-gay hate speech organizations in the U.S. There never has been any credible scientific evidence to back up such theories.

Most things posted online are made up.

Like the 300p poll.

• Like 1

Men have been feminizing their appearance in order to enhance their appeal to other men since time immemorial. In the process, they use skin creams, depilators, hair styles, cosmetic surgery, make up, jewelry and dress, adopting feminine mannerisms, gaits, and speech as well. So who's to say when feminization crosses some threshold and a feminized man ceases to be homosexually attractive to another man because he has become too feminine?

Further, gay burlesque and female impersonation has deep roots in gay culture. I see modern day ladyboys as a continuation of that gay tradition, merely taking advantage of modern surgical techniques to further augment their feminization. No doubt there are ladyboys who feel like they are 'a woman trapped in a man's body', but some just enjoy having sex with men (or enjoy getting paid to have sex with men), and dressing up as a woman is little more than a means to that end.

The reasoning that 'physical appearance of the partner determines one's sexual orientation' ignores the powerful psychological component of same sex attraction (irrespective of physical appearance). I believe that in same sex relationships a big part of the psychological bond is that the other person is the same sex as you. And the forming of that psychological bond based on knowing the person is the same sex as you is as important as physical appearance in determining one's sexual orientation. In other words, in my view, if you knowingly have sex with another man (irrespective of their physical appearance), on a psychological level, and quite likely on a physical level, there is a homosexual element in play.

Edited by Gecko123

19 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Men have been feminizing their appearance in order to enhance their appeal to other men since time immemorial. In the process, they use skin creams, depilators, feminine hair styles, cosmetic surgery, make up, jewelry and dress, and adopt feminine mannerisms, gaits, and speech as well. So who's to say when feminization crosses some threshhold and a feminized man ceases to be homosexually attractive to another man because he has become too feminine?

Further, gay burlesque and female impersonation has deep roots in gay culture. I see modern day ladyboys as a continuation of that gay tradition, merely taking advantage of modern surgical techniques to further augment their feminization. No doubt there are ladyboys who feel like they are 'a woman trapped in a man's body', but some just enjoy having sex with men (or enjoy getting paid to have sex with men), and dressing up as a woman is little more than a means to that end.

The reasoning that 'physical appearance of the partner determines one's sexual orientation' ignores the powerful psychological component of same sex attraction (irrespective of physical appearance). I believe that in same sex relationships a big part of the psychological bond is that the other person is the same sex as you. And the forming of that psychological bond based on knowing the person is the same sex as you is as important as physical appearance in determining one's sexual orientation. In other words, in my view, if you knowingly have sex with another man (irrespective of their physical appearance), on a psychological level, and quite likely on a physical level, there is a homosexual element in play.

Men do a lot of stupid things to get laid! Enough said! 

Same with women who spend hours every day to make them look something men do not want, but get likes from other women on fb! I really love big fatt eyebrowes, and I believe every other man on the forum here like them to as every other man on the planet. Fatt eyebrowes and especially tattoed. Good idea when the nest fasion trend coming around the corner. Same as the women of hour generation wanted thin, and in their old days, they have nothing left and wish they had. Really where to start about all this stupid shit we do to get attention? 

Whatta <deleted> is it with the Chang T-shirt and slippers? Hehehe, 

Well it seems in the Thailand the man can be the cave man he used to be, and still get laid. 

This article is woefully written. The headline reads "Poll: Half of all foreigners are contemplating or have had a sexual experience with a lady boy" and then later remarks that "A remarkable 38% of foreigners have admitted to..." This is simply not what the poll reveals. Substitute the word "respondents" for "foreigners" and the reader has a more truthful representation of the results of the self-reporting poll.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Nope. Re-read it more neutrally. And think. The phenomenon under discussion, ladyboyism, is more prevalent in some countries than others, while homosexuality seems to be consistent. Why? We would agree that the answer is not biological or genetic, but cultural. And the simplest answer is that the culture opens a pathway and people follow it. If the pathway were closed, as in a hyper conservative society, they would have to find another path. (Like when convicts practice gay sex because in jail, the pathway for hetero sex is closed). 

We think of aspects of the culture that reinforce self-actualization-- openness, tolerance, etc. But there are other enabling factors, including the economic demand to supply men with a non-hetero experience without compromising their straight identity, often through a highly developed sex industry. Just as some girls are raised to be tracked into straight sex work, some boys are raised to be tracked into ladyboy work. And from what I've read in my work related to human trafficking, for boys and girls alike, the first step is an adult who takes advantage. 

11 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

@Hummin

I think you may have missed the point of my post.

The modern man dress and use cream make up and everything else to be the man who can lay down most women. It is not about being gay, but we have learned since we where kids, the most popular and best looking men is gay, even we do know it is not true, but we hear, and we see some of them, and hear women like them for their look. Most of us growing up in our age as kids, it was when cave men ruled, and still do some areas around in the world, but in big cities, we do see more and more feminin looking and dressed men, and their apperence is the picture of the succesfull man. It have nothing to do about being gay does it? Im still mistaken your post? 

52 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Men have been feminizing their appearance in order to enhance their appeal to other men since time immemorial. In the process, they use skin creams, depilators, hair styles, cosmetic surgery, make up, jewelry and dress, adopting feminine mannerisms, gaits, and speech as well. So who's to say when feminization crosses some threshold and a feminized man ceases to be homosexually attractive to another man because he has become too feminine?

Isn't it obvious that guys who have sex with guys dressed as women are closet homosexuals?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

The modern man dress and use cream make up and everything else to be the man who can lay down most women. It is not about being gay, but we have learned since we where kids, the most popular and best looking men is gay, even we do know it is not true, but we hear, and we see some of them, and hear women like them for their look. Most of us growing up in our age as kids, it was when cave men ruled, and still do some areas around in the world, but in big cities, we do see more and more feminin looking and dressed men, and their apperence is the picture of the succesfull man. It have nothing to do about being gay does it? Im still mistaken your post? 

Yes you are still missing the point I was making. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify.

I understand many of the ways men enhance their appearance to attract men are the same as those used to attract women. I certainly wasn't suggesting that anyone who uses a moisterizer is gay. My point however was that because some homosexual men feminize their appearance in order to attract other homosexual men, that undercuts the argument which other posters have made that a homosexual man would necessarily reject a ladyboy for being overly feminized. In fact, as others have pointed out, the illusion of being a woman which a ladyboy creates can provide psychological cover, allowing a man to engage in homosexual sex without having his sexual identity threatened. I also pointed to the gay cabaret culture as evidence that drag and female impersonation have deep roots in gay culture.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Yes you are still missing the point I was making. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify.

I understand men enhance their appearance to attract women in many of the same ways as men who enhance their appearance to attract men. I certainly wasn't suggesting that anyone who uses a moisterizer is gay. My point was that because some homosexual men feminize their appearance in order to attract other homosexual men, it doesn't necessarily follow that a homosexual man would reject a man who was feminized to an extreme degree, i.e., a ladyboy, as some posters have suggested. In fact, as others have pointed out, the illusion of being a woman which a ladyboy creates can provide psychological cover, allowing a man to engage in homosexual sex without his sexual identity being threatened.

Thank you. 

Well I like to think it is the excitement and many other factors that also play with the game, as sexual orintation do. To many factors and so many possibilities. But I still stand for what I wrote before, those who get fooled, wanted to be fooled. And if you did not discover it was a ladyboy before to late, then shame on you, if it happens again ? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Thank you. 

Well I like to think it is the excitement and many other factors that also play with the game, as sexual orintation do. To many factors and so many possibilities. But I still stand for what I wrote before, those who get fooled, wanted to be fooled. And if you did not discover it was a ladyboy before to late, then shame on you, if it happens again ? 

So how was it for you?

20 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

In fact, as others have pointed out, the illusion of being a woman which a ladyboy creates can provide psychological cover, allowing a man to engage in homosexual sex without his sexual identity being threatened.

As Hummin said, nobody is being fooled by a ladyboy up close.

If I spot you with one, you're outed.

4 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

As Hummin said, nobody is being fooled by a ladyboy up close.

If I spot you with one, you're outed.

My lifestyle these days rarely puts me in the position of having to worry about who is and isn't a ladyboy, but I have to say I don't have supreme confidence in my ability to spot them, especially younger ones.

• Haha 1

28 pages about attraction to Lady boys, haven't read any of the pages & sure there will be pages of personal insults, but there is obviously a lot of interest in the third gender out there! ?

Not sure if I should be surprised or not ?

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

28 pages about attraction to Lady boys, haven't read any of the pages & sure there will be pages of personal insults, but there is obviously a lot of interest in the third gender out there! ?

Not sure if I should be surprised or not ?

Of course you shouldn't be surprised!

Lady boys are a major tourist attraction for the heterosexual crowd.

• Haha 1