PHOTOS: Royal wedding celebrations at British Embassy Bangkok

Jonathan Fairfield

PHOTOS: Royal wedding celebrations at British Embassy Bangkok

The British Embassy in Bangkok celebrated the nuptials of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle with a party held on Saturday.

British expats and business leaders were invited to the event hosted by British Ambassador to Thailand Brian Davidson.

e9.jpg

Dan Cheeseman, left, with British Ambassador to Thailand Brian Davidson

e1.jpg

e2.jpg

e3.jpg

e4.jpg

e5.jpg

e6.jpg

e7.jpg

e8.jpg

8 hours ago, Pat in Pattaya said:

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than go to this 'party'

8 hours ago, colinneil said:

Just a total waste of taxpayers money,.

Ambassador you trying for your knighthood?

Pass me the sick bag i want to throw up.

now now lads....lets raise a toast to Harry and Meghan.....never mind where the "celebrations" are  :clap2:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

A couple of people seem miffed, sour grapes maybe?

Why not celebrate the wedding, and no better or appropriate place to do so.

I see a few people in the photos that do a great deal for fellow expats in the community, not just moan.

Looking good RC ?

Probably miffed that the same old brown nosing collection of "we're British you know" twerps always seem to be invited to these tax payer funded shindigs.

Invited British Expats - just the usual jolly old crowd not the vast majority of British expats who wouldn't piss on the embassy if it was on fire!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

It won't look quite the same after the Embassy is moved to the Trendy Building, or whichever condo they are shifting to.

But it will be the same good ole'boys and gals who attend all the do's.

5 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

I see a few people in the photos that do a great deal for fellow expats in the community, not just moan.

Looking good RC ?

Really - we'll I've seen no attempt to engage expats outside the chosen "Bangkok self appointed elite" who are there at every do, with same laughs and patronizing attitude to Thai and Expats alike.

A little bit of the old bull <deleted> from home!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thonglorjimmy said:

Looking good RC ?

explain, the waiter perhaps

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Really - we'll I've seen no attempt to engage expats outside the chosen "Bangkok self appointed elite" who are there at every do, with same laughs and patronizing attitude to Thai and Expats alike.

A little bit of the old bull <deleted> from home!

Have you done anything noteworthy to flag yourself as a likely candidate?

There will be plenty in your community that have but FCO are not in the habit of notifying the likes of you as to their identities unless they have a reason to do so.

Trolling is unlikely to be enough to qualify unless supported by something a little more useful...

Image result for boris zip

Edited by evadgib

19 hours ago, musicscene said:

What do I need to do or have done to be invited??

Done a lot of charity work - get involved , and basically get off your arse - and realise that there are many people that need your help in this region - it’s not difficult.

A post against forum rules has been removed.

8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:53 PM, musicscene said:

What do I need to do or have done to be invited??

If you PM me with your personal and bank account details I will guarantee you admission to the Embassy in  celebration of their first born.... :thumbsup:

On 5/21/2018 at 6:59 PM, Baerboxer said:

Probably miffed that the same old brown nosing collection of "we're British you know" twerps always seem to be invited to these tax payer funded shindigs.

Invited British Expats - just the usual jolly old crowd not the vast majority of British expats who wouldn't piss on the embassy if it was on fire!

Many non-British guests I recognize in the pics. What are Germans doing there?

On 5/21/2018 at 6:59 PM, Baerboxer said:

It might be rubbish, but, by jingo it's British Rubbish.