Is it possible to hire a private pilot in thailand ?

Sandman77

17 hours ago, Sandman77 said:

For a group trip flying around with a group and see thailand from above ? Just think about it how much would it coasts ? Are private pilots avalible Thay make this kind of flying round trips ?

Lemme guess, you are Chuck Norris and you are putting together a team to rescue the hostages?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, blazes said:

You mean a "Sky Pilot"? 

A "Sky Pilot" was a word used in The US Army during WW11 to describe an army chaplain or priest.

27 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Lemme guess, you are Chuck Norris and you are putting together a team to rescue the hostages?

Shuuu (secret )

Find a business that offers flight instruction at a general aviation airfield.  Most of these business have aviators with a commercial licenses who can take you up.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

Pattaya has a small airport where Thai and Farang have private planes 

but not sure area and if the airplanes are big enough. 

I’m not connected the the m in anyway. A customer of mine sold engines to a couple of people. I went out there and a guy from NY

flew me around sightseeing. Pretty neat then they took off and landed 

from grass runway. Probably changed by now. The NY guy is still around but said he doesn’t fly anymore due to age.

here is the website:  http://www.pattayaairpark.com/

They can probably advise you if at all possible. Enjoy!

• Like 2

All I can tell is, that in Suvarnabhumi there is an office of an air charter company.

And as mentioned there is also heli charter.

As far as I remember Kan Air would also do charter.

Cost? No idea. Have a few thousand Dollar/Euro per hour at hand.

If I win the million Euro jackpot I will order a helicopter to the school football field :biggrin:

• Like 1

In most aviation jurisdictions it is illegal for a private pilot to fly for "hire or reward".

Only a commercial pilot may do so.

But you may charter a private flight (flown by a commercial pilot).

I think it very likely that there are charter companies who will do it for you.

Or perhaps one of the parachuting operations would hire you a plane and pilot (who would have a commercial licence and all the clearances).

11 hours ago, torrzent said:
On 5/21/2018 at 2:31 PM, Sandman77 said:

For a group trip flying around with a group and see thailand from above ? Just think about it how much would it coasts ? Are private pilots avalible Thay make this kind of flying round trips ?

rabugento1.gif

On 5/22/2018 at 10:49 AM, connda said:

Find a business that offers flight instruction at a general aviation airfield.  Most of these business have aviators with a commercial licenses who can take you up.

Possibly very good advice. Often, flight schools offer the first lesson at a cheap rate in hopes of getting you to sign up for the  course. You’ll get a lot more out of the ride for a lot less money—including flying the aircraft. 

How many in your group? You should be able to negotiate getting two additional passengers in a Cessna 172,  which is most often used for training. 

If your group is larger than three, you're stepping up to a bigger and MUCH more expensive aircraft. 

Edited by midzo
Additional thought.

• 2 weeks later...