Video: Farang to the rescue after soi dog takes a beating from motorcycle taxi guy

webfact

All I can say is " Bring in the Cambodians" I have been bitten twice now while walking. Touch wood I don't get Rabies out of it. I also now carry a big stick with me. Sorry animal lovers my theory is " Me or the dog"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Happy enough said:

that's what i thought

Not only the collar but also the dog was not endangering anyone, just sleeping in the sun. The motorcycle guy should be charged with cruelty to the dog!!!!

6 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Dear, farang! Dogs are not listed as people. It´s an animal. Actually it goes under the family of mammals.

Also, humans belong to mammals, because they give birth to babies. 

Dogs don't give birth to babes... they give birth to puppies.  If my dog gave birth to a baby I would be worried who had been around it!

Look up the definition of a mammal..... its not the same as yours.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

All I can say is " Bring in the Cambodians" I have been bitten twice now while walking. Touch wood I don't get Rabies out of it. I also now carry a big stick with me. Sorry animal lovers my theory is " Me or the dog"

I think I might have crossed my fingers as well

The guy is called Michael baines I think. He works with local municipality in the area where he lives and owns a restaurant. He helps rescue and try to find homes for street dogs. 
This dog was well known in the area for living where it was and was fed and looked after by locals. Obviously some bitter taxi guy got jealous and decided he didn't like seeing the dog get more attention than him so hit it. It was filmed and the guy is getting a charge made against him for hitting the dog under the animal act with the video as evidence. 
Link to video?

I am always pissed of by people who hurt animals just because they think they are God. 

I once saw a 100kg male kick a cat, I went to him and slap him in the face just as hard as I could. When he look into my eyes, he knew he could not do anything back, although my weight is only 53 kg, because of the anger and hate I have to that kind of persons, who mistreat an innocent animal!

i did get an applause from bystanders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzy said:

Where can I buy a T shirt like that!

At the next crazy convention, where humans put themselfs equal to dogs and call the coalision for people. :cheesy:

Once upon a time in a galaxy that today seems very remote, there was a reason why the once they at that time called humans and people was at the top of the food chain.
The reason was that intelligence existed as a widely spread alternative to stupidity. Seems like that has been more or less eradicated from the face of human existance as of today.

Farewell, Warp in peace! Yours and mine friend, Mr Spock

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Why not helping poor people and poor dogs?

The dog have collar on so the dog have a owner and I tried of soi dogs barking and running after people I see meny bad dogs there barking and running after poor people there collect plastic 

This is a Thai problem because Thai people just dumb their dogs everywhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
6 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:
The guy is called Michael baines I think. He works with local municipality in the area where he lives and owns a restaurant. He helps rescue and try to find homes for street dogs. 
This dog was well known in the area for living where it was and was fed and looked after by locals. Obviously some bitter taxi guy got jealous and decided he didn't like seeing the dog get more attention than him so hit it. It was filmed and the guy is getting a charge made against him for hitting the dog under the animal act with the video as evidence. 

Link to video?

If you look up the man that rescues dogs on Facebook you will find him and the video should be there.

2 hours ago, Suzy said:

Not only the collar but also the dog was not endangering anyone, just sleeping in the sun. The motorcycle guy should be charged with cruelty to the dog!!!!

He was charged and fined 40,000 bht but then ran pleading poverty to the police so they changed the fine to 500 bht !! ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Dogs don't give birth to babes... they give birth to puppies.  If my dog gave birth to a baby I would be worried who had been around it!

Look up the definition of a mammal..... its not the same as yours.

Of course do dogs not give birth to babes. 

The Wikipedia entry for “Mammal” defines the word as follows:

Mammals are any vertebrates within the class Mammalia (/məˈmeɪliə/from Latin mamma "breast"), a clade of endothermic amniotesdistinguished from reptiles (including birds) by the possession of a neocortex (a region of the brain), hair, three middle ear bones, and mammary glands. Females of all mammal species nurse their young with milk, secreted from the mammary glands.

Humans have a neocortex, we have hair, we have three middle ear bones and our females have mammary glands. We also nurse our young with milk secreted from those glands.

So, by definition, we are undoubtedly mammals.

7 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

He was charged and fined 40,000 bht but then ran pleading poverty to the police so they changed the fine to 500 bht !! ?

Thats made my day, nothing to do with the dog 

A day or two ago I was told by somebody that the RTP were entitled to automatic respect

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Of course do dogs not give birth to babes. 

The Wikipedia entry for “Mammal” defines the word as follows:

Mammals are any vertebrates within the class Mammalia (/məˈmeɪliə/from Latin mamma "breast"), a clade of endothermic amniotesdistinguished from reptiles (including birds) by the possession of a neocortex (a region of the brain), hair, three middle ear bones, and mammary glands. Females of all mammal species nurse their young with milk, secreted from the mammary glands.

Humans have a neocortex, we have hair, we have three middle ear bones and our females have mammary glands. We also nurse our young with milk secreted from those glands.

So, by definition, we are undoubtedly mammals.

Not all mammals are created equal, and unfortunately for the rest humans are at the top of the food chain contrary to some peoples beliefs 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

Not all mammals are created equal, and unfortunately for the rest humans are at the top of the food chain contrary to some peoples beliefs 

But many like the dodgy style, don't they? ?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

One hit on dog 

And all world pity the dog 

Sorry this dog and others always stay in front of a store and meny times bagging and run after people. 

They are enjoying 

To the farang man get a life it seems you have set it up because of you t shirt 

I rather help poor people than dogs 

If you don't want to help dogs then that's up to you, no need to try to try and drag decent people down to your level, if the guy wants to help out its none of your business!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

The dog have collar on so the dog have a owner and I tried of soi dogs barking and running after people I see meny bad dogs there barking and running after poor people there collect plastic 

This is a Thai problem because Thai people just dumb their dogs everywhere 

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

I know that too, but I can explain why I am so dense. That is just because people feed the need to bring dogs up to a height of unbelievable proportions. people going out feeding soi dags in masses, and as soon as they see something we need to write about it and need to care so much. I have 2 dogs, and I chosed to have them. Therefore I take care of them, and not let them run around. I walk with them and execise them in controlled fashion. Regardign lose dogs and soi dogs, they should just be put to sleep so the streets finally can get free from this pest.

Could you maybe repost the above on English? Thanks ?

I'm sorry but this video looks a bit staged to me , like some sort of commercial for a soi dog organization.   But the dog was beaten in the first clip , everyone can see that . 

Edited by balo

5 hours ago, Davmaac said:

Could you maybe repost the above on English? Thanks ?

As I tried to explain many times. All persons on this forum is not native speakers or writers. Niether is that a mandatory requirement for posting.
For you very polite question. No I can help you to broaden your perspective and understand better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Is that true?

If he could not pay the required fine then he should have done dome prison time instead.  I am sure us farangs would not have gotten away with that.. just by saying we could not afford to pay the fine!!!!!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Is that true?

If he could not pay the required fine then he should have done dome prison time instead.  I am sure us farangs would not have gotten away with that.. just by saying we could not afford to pay the fine!!!!!  

Yes was on the guy Michael's page yesterday. He was raging as said in that case taxi guy should have spent time in jail to pay off fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Yes was on the guy Michael's page yesterday. He was raging as said in that case taxi guy should have spent time in jail to pay off fine.

Apart from laugh and just get on with it what else can you do

Yes of course jail time for kicking a dog..and 500 baht dine for kicking a tourist in the head makes perfect sense.[emoji13]

22 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes of course jail time for kicking a dog..and 500 baht dine for kicking a tourist in the head makes perfect sense.emoji13.png

Apart from the dog wasn't trying to drag a bike away in front of the police and wasn't giving anyone the finger !! ?

• Thanks 1