"Can you support me?"

Confuscious

Just now, GarryP said:

Not for the average US male (177 cm or 69.7 inches, which is approximately 5 foot 10). 

That's short. These figures must have lots of 40 to 80yo short guys. Most 18 to 30yos are 180 to 190cm.

2 minutes ago, Justfine said:

That's short. These figures must have lots of 40 to 80yo short guys. Most 18 to 30yos are 180 to 190cm.

Good grief....So your posts are based on your mum providing a tall kid....:wacko:....?

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

"in the western world"

Complete and utter nonsense.

Otherwise "here they are more direct"-sure,and it's called laziness,greed and self entitlement in any other civilization in the galaxy.

what part of  'in the western world' makes it nonsense, other than what might be a lack of knowledge of Thai people... do you call them lazy etc.. for not asking the direct question the OP has noted? It is not even easy to understand your response, and where in the galaxy you might be from - - if you are judging Thai people only by the bars of Pattaya, you are probably going to find yourself quite out of touch with the rest of the country... 

12 minutes ago, transam said:

That is near my present location...But no farang here can.......singing.gif.d87d677f28bdbcfb47d5047a8b42b3e5.gif.....Very sad indeed...

Know exactly where that is but have not been back in about 5 or 6 years. Nice area of the town. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

That is near my present location...But no farang here can.......singing.gif.d87d677f28bdbcfb47d5047a8b42b3e5.gif.....Very sad indeed...

Aw,,c'mon Trans..I always knew that you lived close to me and I have always considered you an internet friend..so near and yet so far,eh?

DSCN0022.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

3 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

what part of  'in the western world' makes it nonsense, other than what might be a lack of knowledge of Thai people... do you call them lazy etc.. for not asking the direct question the OP has noted? It is not even easy to understand your response, and where in the galaxy you might be from - - if you are judging Thai people only by the bars of Pattaya, you are probably going to find yourself quite out of touch with the rest of the country... 

Stand at ease,You are dismissed,

Edited by Odysseus123

19 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Not showing off at all.  Just refuting a stupid comment calling BS on what I said whereas I know countless folks in well paid jobs who's wives are happy to take advantage of it and not work.  Like I say, need to read the post in context. 

Please stop talking about "all the people I know" .Of the 22 million UK households, how many of these do you personally know ?

OK, you know a few well off families , buts lets talk about everyone, rather than just the people that "you know" 

7 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Aw,,c'mon Trans..I always knew that you lived close to me and I have always considered you an internet friend..so near and yet so far,eh?

DSCN0022.JPG

DSCN0026.JPG

Everyone is my friend here, though some may not know it....My good fun.....

hey, that's my car wash...:stoner:

• Like 1

Just now, transam said:

Everyone is my friend here, though some may not know it....My good fun.....

hey, that's my car wash...:stoner:

Sure is..mine too..

And a damn good iced

coffee or a beer..

Best kept secret in the universe..?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't know any bloke who has been single for 10 years, and there possibly lays the answer, i.e. is this by choice, I mean are you wanting to remain single?, are you disabled, not the best looking bloke when comparing like for like, or have you not found "miss perfect"?

When I divorced my ex-wife, 10 years ago, I wanted to keep our daughter with me (6 years old then).
The reason for the divorce was that my ex-wife proposed to let my daughter have an accident and collect the Insurance (2 Million Baht).
We could always make a new daughter, but we could not always have 2 Million Baht.
My ex-wife was from Chaiyaphum and during the 8 years that we were married, she was real hell to live with.
I realised later that it was nearly impossible to have a new relation when living with a Thai daughter.
The reason is that Thai woman fear that the mother would start to make problems and Thai people don't want any problems.

I spend a lot of time teaching my daughter (I am a retired teacher) and driving her everywhere.
She was "nearly" kidnapped 2 times.
No way I would leave her out of my sight for 1 second.
That makes it very difficult to meet someone.

Strange that they are asking you this after a few words, could it be that you are meeting girls from a dating website, attracting women who are looking for their sugar daddy? Bars girls don't ask that question unless you have been seeing them for a while, and would be saying I don't like this work, I won't out, hence the words "can you support" me.

These are normal woman that I meet.
Woman I meet in The Mall, Terminal 21, Big-C, etc.
Eg.: I meet on a Friday at the local restaurant a woman (no names).
She was fairly attractive and was with her girl friend.
We started to chat, and she asked me the "normal" questions:
"Where do you work"; "How much money you make a month"; "What are you looking for"; Etc.
After answering all her questions, she said: "I need 23.000 Baht per month to pay the studies if my sons and take care of my parents. If you can pay me 23,000 Baht per month, I go live with you.""

• Like 1

I don't know any bloke who has been single for 10 years, and there possibly lays the answer, i.e. is this by choice, I mean are you wanting to remain single?, are you disabled, not the best looking bloke when comparing like for like, or have you not found "miss perfect"?

I have seen disabled persons and bad looking persons "walk" with a georgeous woman,
So, that is not a reason to be 10 years single.

I divorced my ex-wife about 10 years ago after she proposed to let our daughter have a fatal accident and collect the insurance money.
"We could always make another daughter, but collect 2 million baht was an unique chance" .

I realised later that having a new relation would be nearly impossible.
Almost all Thai woman didn't want to get involved in a relation with a man with a Thai daughter out of fear for troubles with the ex-wife.

I teach my daughter after school and bring her everywhere.
Very little free time.
This makes it almost impossible to meet a woman.

Strange that they are asking you this after a few words, could it be that you are meeting girls from a dating website, attracting women who are looking for their sugar daddy? Bars girls don't ask that question unless you have been seeing them for a while, and would be saying I don't like this work, I won't out, hence the words "can you support" me.

Not from meeting/dating website.
Normal woman.
A few weeks ago, we were eating 

Not from a meeting/dating website.
Normal woman.
A few weeks ago, we were eating at the local restaurant when 2 gorgeous woman came into the restaurant.
One of the woman was trying to make eye contact.
I invited them to sit at my table and we started a conversation.
After the regular "Where do you work?"; How much money you earn?"; "Do you have a house?"; Etc. she asked me "Do you like me?".
I said yes.
Her answer was "I need 23,000 baht for pay the university studies of my son and support my parents. I you can give me every month 23,000 baht, I do live with you."

On 5/23/2018 at 4:56 PM, Confuscious said:

But 99% of the chats turns after a few words into "can you support me"?

Just to be clear, did they fly to your home country to seek you out or did you come here to find something unavailable to you at home?

And they don't even bother with telling you that you're a sexy man for comedic relief before segueing into terms of compensation for allowing you to be seen with them in public??

And you came to Thailand because in your home country the chats turned to "they haven't printed enough money for that to happen."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Please stop talking about "all the people I know" .Of the 22 million UK households, how many of these do you personally know ?

OK, you know a few well off families , buts lets talk about everyone, rather than just the people that "you know" 

You ain't really worth the effort replying.  Nobody can talk about everyone, that includes you.  But, to say that it's BS that people can't live on the earnings of a sole breadwinner is well, BS.  If you can't understand that, your problem.  And why should I stop talking about the people I know, just to appease you?  Nah, I'll pass.  I repeat, the point was made that one poster called BS when I said some families can live on one wage, THAT is the BS, and to think that it is limited to the people I know is BS just the same.  Try using some common sense! I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.

Edited by SooKee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suradit69 said:

And you came to Thailand because in your home country the chats turned to "they haven't printed enough money for that to happen."

In the UK the problem was the government was always prepared to offer them more to stay single.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

You ain't really worth the effort replying.  Nobody can talk about everyone, that includes you.  But, to say that it's BS that people can't live on the earnings of a sole breadwinner is well, BS.  If you can't understand that, your problem.  And why should I stop talking about the people I know, just to appease you?  Nah, I'll pass.  I repeat, the point was made that one poster called BS when I said some families can live on one wage, THAT is the BS, and to think that it is limited to the people I know is BS just the same.  Try using some common sense! I can explain it to you, I can't understand it for you.

OK, Some people ,( all of your friends included) can indeed live in a single income , this thread isnt about YOUR small circle of friends though .

Where are we talking about ?

London ? With the high rents.................this really is a stupid discussion .

Lets just talk about your friends : How are they getting on ? Kids doing OK sat School ? Job promotion possible ? Booked their holidays this year yet ?

8 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

They always say that after the guy is gone.

They'll probably say that about you when you've gone.

My English wife is still saying that about me 10 years after I've been gone.

If they didn't say that, the new guy may wonder why the past guy was 'gone'.

Anyway, if I waited for Miss Right I'd probably be dead, so I'll settle for Miss Right Now.

Believe what you will.

It's irrelevant to me, I got a good feel of who she is and if she is a liar.

She would never say a bad word about me, always says, if you ever leave me, I will follow you, she knows when she's on a good thing 555

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Can you support me?

Best response. Answer back with their question. Same as you do with a beggar. Do you have a dollar? No I don't have any money. Can you lend me some? 

• Like 1