Ex-police chief offers to pay student bail

snoop1130

Ex-police chief offers to pay student bail

By The Nation 

070b6471a4115f9f7cc02be332c8c062.jpeg

Former police commissioner Pol Gen Seripisut Temiyavet on Wednesday vowed to offer Bt1.5-million bail for 14 activists who have been detained for participating in pro-election rallies.

He went to Chanasongkhram Police Station to visit the detained activists and file bailing requests.

The activists are charged with allegedly breaking the junta ban against political gathering of five or more people as they attempted to lead a 500-strong rally to Government House on Tuesday.

The rally ended up not reaching the house with key activists turning themselves into the police.

It was supposed to be one in a series of assemblies, organised since January, to demand the junta hold an election this year.

Human rights advocates and networks have slammed the authority’s infringement of freedom of expression.

“This is not wrongdoing by law. Their expressions were not excessive,” said Seripisut, who also looks forward to forming the Seri Ruam Thai political party. “The police abused them. However, I think they should not object to bail requests.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30346108

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-5-23
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SABloke said:

The gesture is honourable, but seeing as he is a former Police Commissione,r I would hazard a guess that the gentleman was about as honourable as a pimp.

Maybe a little harsh... 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

vowed to offer Bt1.5-million bail

Seripisut, who also looks forward to forming the Seri Ruam Thai political party.

he is making political capital, and he has not as of now spent any money, only vows...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

he is making political capital, and he has not as of now spent any money, only vows...

It is what he said that is more important than his money. He openly criticize the junta, support the rights of the activists and call for election. He even call for an alliance against the military. That is strong and bold words from the establishment side. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SABloke said:

The gesture is honourable, but seeing as he is a former Police Commissione,r I would hazard a guess that the gentleman was about as honourable as a pimp.

why denigrate pimps with statements like that?

5 hours ago, Bob12345 said:

A former police commissioner who has 1.5 million baht laying around for stuff like this?

Sarcasm:

Married into wealth i presume?

1.5m Baht, you don't consider that as big money, do you?

29 minutes ago, Artisi said:

1.5m Baht, you don't consider that as big money, do you?

To have it laying around without purpose, and then use it for bail for people i do not know?

Yes, that is a lot, and it is quite suspicious to me.

5 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

To have it laying around without purpose, and then use it for bail for people i do not know?

Yes, that is a lot, and it is quite suspicious to me.

There's a certain current politician with an unknown number of watches of which some individually exceed that figure a couple of times over. I would be more interested where his money came from. 

• Like 1