Bangkok overrun by a million rats - lack of snakes and lazy cats to blame!

webfact

7 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Hi i have just moved houses and out in the Soi was a large pile of Rubbish plus two overflowing Blue rubbish Bins, Complained to Tessa Ban and they removed the bins to the street at the end of the soi, we put up a sign saying please do not dump rubbish here and this crazy Fallang  (me) without a work permit is slowly clearing the Rubbish away Much to the astonishment of the Locals  PS I am the only fallang in the soi and the others that feed of it Been on the Old age Pension 20 plus years so no spring chicken,

my Tii  Ruk has a 34 year old son who won't get of his Backside to Help and I waste my breath if i complain  T I T 

Indeed.  Weekly rubbish collection is hit and miss where I live.  In 2 days time, it'll be 2 weeks since they last came around.

Try to put the veg/fruit shavings and leftovers in the garden, not the bin.  Recycle everything that can be, the old boy comes around on his push bike to collect every few days.  But after nearly 2 weeks, the sois are looking grim as the house bins are overflowing.

• Like 1

It starts with the individual behaviour on how to deal with garbage, carries on with how garbage is removed and ends with how garbage is finally disposed off. 

Thailand fails in all three categories; nothing to do with cats or snakes. Blame Khon Thai 8-) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Bangkok, the Rat Hub of the world!

And they got the biggest rats in the world too. Look at the one who lives in the PM house and the ones who run the country Big Rats everywhere in Bangkok

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

Tv is a big sandpit, but instead of little kids playing making sand-castles  it's old gentlemen playing to criticize Thailand,

And who still chose to live in Thailand

2 minutes ago, Suetape said:

BBQ rat - ALOY!

4B20B365-A08C-4770-808B-893C64D9ED53.jpeg

Where did you take the photo?

Yep BBQ field rats are "Aroy" but this has nothing to do with city rats......Sometimes when I am chewing into them the smaller ones look like aborted human babies but still remain arroy...so what..??? !!!!

• Like 1

The cats are just more snake food.  Most feral cats will go for the easy stuff, stuff that is semi good to have around, songbirds (all birds actually), geckos and lizards (that eat insects).   

3 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Where did you take the photo?

Yep BBQ field rats are "Aroy" but this has nothing to do with city rats......Sometimes when I am chewing into them the smaller ones look like aborted human babies but still remain arroy...so what..??? !!!!

I could maybe do without the tail, but I might be willing to give'em a go. Maybe up north, or perhaps Isaan? Heck, it could be Prachin, I suppose. I'd be interested to know where this was taken, as well.

When I moved into the house I live now there were rats in the ceiling, Oh boy did they make a noise, No sleep Did I panic? No. Just lifted off some of the sheets off the roof and threw ratsak everywhere. End of rats in ceiling Stunk a bit but was worth it. So maybe Thais should start throwing some Ratsak around  It works

13 minutes ago, Songlaw said:

I could maybe do without the tail, but I might be willing to give'em a go. Maybe up north, or perhaps Isaan? Heck, it could be Prachin, I suppose. I'd be interested to know where this was taken, as well.

Yup..At rice harvesting it is the same as my spud picking days. The boys get out and catch as many as they can to sell at the market.....I had an advantage on them though.....the spuds tended to run away very slowly...

1 hour ago, Happyman58 said:

No old timer you won't those get lazy pricks to help. They just lie around and do nothing. Please don't say he still lives at home at 34 because my stepdaughter is 17 and I dream every day when she is going to leave home. She is so lazy she can't even turn off a light switch Big job 

Sorry Happy man  

He is back with us and nothing I say changes that

I now request Room rent from his Mum who has an Income

Little I can do except vote with my Feet 

Edited by Ban Phe Dezza
spelling error
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Lazy cats or lack of snakes to blame? I only blame the persons who left this bag there out in the open. The only you can blame for the dirt  are people, they made that BKK became a dirty, smelly city. The rats are only looking for food, if you take that away the rats will go also. That make a city clean!

......or just do With the rats as With the snakes - round them up and move them to the country side - just a natural continuation of the never ending cycle they have already started....:coffee1: