Will local girls prefer me with or without a tan?

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nearly all Thai women prefer lighter skin. It is considered prestigious, to have a man with light skin. They consider westerners to be insane for sitting out in the sun, to get a tan. Bizarre and incomprehensible behavior, as far as most are concerned. So, the answer is that they would prefer that you do not have a tan. 

20 years ago ??..Yeh....Nowadays ??... Nah.......Thai women have traveled a lot more, watched more films and understand a lot more of the world than you are portraying in your post.

Sure there are whitening cream adverts bla bla bla .....but like most adverts that seemingly are aimed at adult women their real target audience is impressionable teenage girls......

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Exactly!.......  Dawn was only there for the property...

Did you ding ding the crack of dawn first?

Actually, it wouldn't be so crazy to, instead of buying the property in the village, write her a mortgage to yourself, and payments will be due in the form of services rendered.  Breaking the mortgage will cause loss of use of the property, and it will be offered to others, along with the 30+30 land lease.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shiver said:

Actually, it wouldn't be so crazy to, instead of buying the property in the village, write her a mortgage to yourself, and payments will be due in the form of services rendered.  Breaking the mortgage will cause loss of use of the property, and it will be offered to others, along with the 30+30 land lease.

Yep...an Interest Only Mortgage....

My 2 cents worth.
I have visited Pattaya as a clean-cut (pale) guy many a times. Except once:
- I arrived from the south of Spain with a deep tan plus a short trimmed beard (Euro women found, "it looks good on you".)
Not so the Thai-Ladies. Thanks to my deep tan plus short trimmed beard, the ladies preferred to ignore me. Sometimes I even encoutered utter contempt at first sight.
Of course, taking my clues from Sherlock Holmes, I had to go to the bottom of this. Result: Dark skin in combination with facial hair is a "no-no" in itself.
Plus, with this outer appearence, they automatically assumed that I must be from India/Pakistan or some "Arab-Country".
I have not expanded my survey as to why those nationalities are not so popular with Thais.
---------------------
Having learned from this experience, on my next visit, I shall be whiter than Caspar the ghost. The skin on my cheeks will be smoother than a baby's bottom. I will eat plenty of chalk to aquire "an angels singing voice". I will pack so much Gold-Coins in my cargo-pants that I can't even walk upright anymore.

Having taken all those measures, I am confident that my popularity with Thais will be restored in no time at all.
Cheers.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 6:29 AM, colinneil said:

So am i.

I think he had you pegged; it also appears to me you are speaking of ladies of negotiable virtue.  However, as always, there are exceptions--see my other post to the OP for an example.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:43 AM, InterestedSugoya said:

I wouldn't overly-stress myself to avoid the sun, but I'm also not going to be oblivious to certain advantages that I can leverage. 

Plus, I wouldn't "marry" any girl that would physically discriminate anyone seriously.

The point is, what are you most comfortable with? (With or without a tan) Go with what YOU feel comfortable with and you can't go wrong.

You are not a product out in the market up for sale. You are not a product trying to grab the most customer base.

If it really bothers you that much, meet the girl without tan, then a week later meet her with a tan. See how she reacts.

Edited by meltingpot2015

On 5/25/2018 at 6:29 AM, colinneil said:

So am i.

I think he had you pegged; it also appears to me you are speaking primarily of ladies of negotiable virtue.  However, as always, there are exceptions--see my other post to the OP for an example.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:28 AM, InterestedSugoya said:

In general, you are correct, but I'm not talking about professional prostitutes or soapy girls here. I'm talking about real "normal" girls.

Thais in general prefer lighter skin--simply check out all the ads for skin whiteners. However, this appears to be mostly the women wanting their own skin whiter. From my observations, Thai men seem to prefer women with lighter skin more so than the Thai women prefer men with lighter skin. There is a certain element of more traditional Thai women who prefer to stay with Thai men. There is a certain element of Thai society which attaches a stigma to Thai women who are seen with foreign men--perhaps because of the association with the sex trade. And, it appears that dark foreign men--Southern Asians, Africans, Melanesians--suffer more stigma with Thais in general. However, that does not mean that all Thai women not engaged in the sex trade are closed to relationships with foreign men.  Certainly light skin will not hurt you with those Thai women, but I would not try to hide from the sun. I know several foreign men with swarthy complexions who do well with Thai ladies. My son included. He is half Filipino, so he has a bit of color to his skin, but his looks are strictly caucasion. I, and most of our friends, are somewhat jealous of his abilities to draw beautiful Thai girls not associated with the sex trade. However, he is young, has an outgoing personality, learned to speak Thai and has many Thai friends.  So, my advice is be yourself, learn some of the language and make Thai friends.

9 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

There are blind girls, do you think it's funny? 

Yeah, that must be why I skipped a smiley face after my comment.

10/10 for failing to see my point. (which was: a blind person probably wouldn't give two hoots what skin tone you are)

Edited by meltingpot2015

45 minutes ago, meltingpot2015 said:

Yeah, that must be why I skipped a smiley face after my comment.

10/10 for failing to see my point. (which was: a blind person probably wouldn't give two hoots what skin tone you are)

OP here... I understood your comments. Let's not derail the thread y'all.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

1 hour ago, InterestedSugoya said:
1 hour ago, InterestedSugoya said:

OP here... I understood your comments. Let's not derail the thread y'all.

Thanks for all the comments so far.

I was replying to jenny2017. So wasn't saying you misunderstood.

Let's not derail the thread y'all.

This is uncalled for. i.e. someones tipped you off about me!...I know..I know. The old adage...If I think you have an ulterior motive somewhere that honestly says more about me than about you!

Edited by meltingpot2015