Lazada: Good idea, lousy service

GoldenTriangle

11 hours ago, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

Two weeks ago I ordered 3 USB flash drives (thumb drives). All 3 were defective and totally unusable. I threw them away and bought one at 7-11, it worked fine. 

Depends where you buy them from and at what price. If the standard price for a 64gb drive is say 700 baht and you see them advertised for 300 baht then guaranteed they will be copies and defective. Just buy Sandiscs from Lazada itself at the correct price and they will be OK.

Use them constantly never, ever had a problem. I even had to return a fridge, once, and had to take it to a 7/11 which was a pain in the **** but that has been the only niggle in years and years of purchasing.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Aforek said:

First, I am sorry for people who had bad items, I thought it could'nt happen with Lazada

for the story of drivers who don't know where we live, I see that Lazada has our address in " Manage my account ", so I thought they give our address to the driver 

usually, it's the same drivers  ( two ), so they know me; but sometimes, it's an other driver, my GF don't tell him where I live, and the guy comes to my house all the time, it means that he has my address ; the best thing should be that Lazada has our GPS coordinates, and the driver uses it, but maybe it's too much to ask ...

Some day, I would hope we all use the GPS coordinates to locate shops, our friends' homes, and other places instead of street addresses- or more precisely, in addition to street addresses.  In fact, I don't understand shops that have a website and don't publish their GPS coordinates. 

Especially in places like Thailand (and China from where I'm typing this week), where #125 Nanjing Road is right next door to #346 Nanjing Road.

Even in Bangkok, my mailing address is Sukhumvit Soi XX, but my apartment is 200 meters off Soi XX, creating confusion with many delivery guys.  In fact, I'm going to look at the address options on Lazada to see if I can add GPS coordinates on an unused line of the address...  Won't work on AliExpress since that's usually delivered by Thai Post.  But it may help the Kerry delivery guys who occasionally get lost finding my place.  Of course, there's always the chance that I may end up causing more problems than I solve...

Edit:  Bad news (or maybe not) I'm already using all the lines available.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Sheryl's advice on learning to speak the basic route to your house in Thai is really good. That and the option of giving your Thai-speaking partner's or friend's mobile number when placing the order. It really isn't rocket surgery is it? The Kerry Express delivery can be somewhat arcane as they call you to confirm that you will be home to accept first and then the delivery guy will call when they are looking for the house. I have learned that if you miss that single 'will you be at home?' call, they won't call back but they will send an SMS asking you to call back and reconfirm. For example: they are delivering 3 items to your home, they will still call for each item (lazada has a single order number but Kerry has 3 separate tracking numbers). Don't assume that the dispatcher or delivery guy will see the 3rd package with the same address and knowing that you have already acknowledged being at home for 2 of the packages, that they will include the 3rd package. The first call must be received or acknowledge before they will load any single item on the van or motorbike for delivery. Kerry's online tracking and 1217 call back number to schedule re-delivery works well though.

So far 5 out of 6 on acceptability or quality of goods received. The poor quality item is one of those car dashboard top mats that has been stored badly so needs flattering out possibly with an iron under a towel. If it's still rubbish, it goes in the dog basket as I won't chase any 350 baht refund.

One seller gave me the option of sending via EMS as lazada's delivery would have taken a couple of days too long. Charged me the same price for the goods +EMS postage (sent by PromptPay) and got the item the next day and just before I left the country.

Using the 'local' option weeds out most of the Chinese sellers but make note of the delivery due dates. If it is listed as local but still looks like a couple of weeks minimum delivery, it's still coming from overseas.

• 5 months later...

Funny today i had my 10th Lazada delivery, two of the five products were broken or not as per their description. The broken item; an intricate part of the item was broken off, but magically not within the plastic bag it arrived in, how does that happen?

The second item was advertised as 100% cotton but turns out to be 100% polyester.

Neither seller wants to do anything about their faults and trying to add an honest review is impossible. Added to this I tried to top up my Lazada wallet, my payment went missing. While I have the Tesco Lotus receipt, Lazada could not locate the money paid 5 days previously, they put me onto their external payment facilitator who then tells me after a few hours they have the money and will pay me back in 2-3 weeks.

If this was not Thailand it would almost be comical. I would suggest you only use this company when both the seller provides a returns policy and you pay cash on delivery, then before you place your order, take a spoonful of Thai logic and a sip of blind acceptance and wait for the fun to start.

Never had a problem. I ordered the wrong part once and was allowed to keep it and they STILL refunded my CC

They are so good that I don't bother going to the shops anymore

Plus they call [emoji338] you when they are at your premises and if your in a condo they actually send a picture to your phone showing the name of the office they dropped it off at if you were not home.

they have designated stores to drop off returned items.

I guess some people just seem to have bad luck their whole lives and that happens

^^^ Every deliver guy seems to have a smartphone so if you live in the boonies send them a text of your GPS coordinates after get off the phone with them...

I give my wife's phone number, making it easier to explain to the driver where we live.

I also added our GPS location to the address, but for some reason that line doesn't seem to get printed on the package.

For those that have returned goods (via 7-11) if anyone paid COD, how was the refund handled?

Both local 711 stores had no clue what I was talking about. 

You turn up at the 7-11 with a printed return form that says 7-11 on it.

They get on their computer and select 'Lazada'

Then they follow the onscreen instructions.

Not Lazada's fault 7-11 staff in your area are idiots.

60" Tv arrived from Lazada today, extended 3-year warranty, not in the box, but apart from that OK.

They're gonna post the warranty separately.

Edited by BritManToo

Bought many many items from Lazada, only had 1 item that was completely the wrong item and was told to keep it and I was refunded within 10 minutes.

An item that required returning as it was not "as described" (wrong color), dropped it off at local 7-11 refunded in full within a week.

Complained on another occasion about very late delivery, and they apologized and gave me a 300 baht voucher to say "sorry" the 300 baht was actually more than the item cost !! the item arrived a few days later.

The Kerry drivers have been here so many times they know exactly where to come and even know to drop it at the wife's fathers home if we are not home.

Lazada & Kerry are a great combo in my opinion.

• Like 2

how was the refund handled?

Lazada wallet. 

Thanks.

I take it if I don't have one, I'd need to apply for one in the case of a COD refund then?

Is it straightforward to apply? I take it the Lazada wallet will enable them to give you credit for another purchase, but not allow a refund somehow?

• 2 months later...

I go to try Lazadafor for the first time.  When I place my order they ask for my tax code.  What is this?  I live in a condo in Chang Khlan Chiang Mai, my postal code is 50100.  They ask for my branch id.  What is this?  On top of this, the condo whee I live has an office, staffed ostensibly 9-5, but it is not uncommon for the person to step out. Does Lazada specify  the day they deliver? if so, I will hang out and wait for them.  So many questions, but every time i go to their chat line I get the message o agent is available and try later, but what I have read from online reports, their agents are extremely non-helpful. Any answets or suggestions appreciated.

I go to try Lazadafor for the first time.  When I place my order they ask for my tax code.  What is this?  I live in a condo in Chang Khlan Chiang Mai, my postal code is 50100.  They ask for my branch id.  What is this?  On top of this, the condo whee I live has an office, staffed ostensibly 9-5, but it is not uncommon for the person to step out. Does Lazada specify  the day they deliver? if so, I will hang out and wait for them.  So many questions, but every time i go to their chat line I get the message o agent is available and try later, but what I have read from online reports, their agents are extremely non-helpful. Any answets or suggestions appreciated.
I have ordered from Lazada many times. They usually send a text message (SMS) with a tracking link. Also, the delivery guy usually calls in advance to make sure that I'm home when he comes.

I don't know why they are asking you for tax code and branch id (whatever those are?).
  • Like 1

I would say part of the problem

is you OP who does not know how to read or does not read .

lazada return policies are very clear, fill out the form, then pick return method , print return slip and take it to 7-11 along with the product .

you do not need to ask 7-11 or explain , you simply handover the printed slip and the product and problem is solved. 

• Like 1

Lazarda is owned by Ali Baba, which like all Chinese products and services , is a very  poor copy of a successful western product, in this case, Amazon.  You just have to put up with that fact. One day, the Chinese and their Asian partners may come up with something original, all on their own, but don't hold your breath.   

• 5 months later...
55 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I think Lazada is just as good as Amazon, even better in the fact they offer COD.

COD doesn't really help. One time I received an envelope instead of a box with the ordered product. I refused to accept it. A friend of mine got a stone in a box. He payed for it... All this with Lazada. I like Ebay. Great buyer protection. Never lost money there. 

6 minutes ago, Beggar said:

COD doesn't really help. One time I received an envelope instead of a box with the ordered product. I refused to accept it. A friend of mine got a stone in a box. He payed for it... All this with Lazada. I like Ebay. Great buyer protection. Never lost money there. 

I have dealt with both lazada and ebay for years.  Never had any problems at all with Lazada, I have returned items and have been dealt with very professionally.  I have had problems with ebay, or more correctly their clients, but has always been rectified with ebays help.

I do prefer to use Lazada, usually quicker and cheaper I find, and would highly recommend them.

• Like 2

I have no complaints about Lazada. Easy to use, love the ability to pay on delivery. Only 1 problem with a product in over a hundred orders and the vendor dealt with it immediately. It does suck to have to scroll through pages and pages of offerings, but they've got great prices and I consider it time well spent to save me money and the aggravation of having to leave the house if there was no Lazada. Very smart idea to use the phone number of a Thai person who knows how to give directions to your residence.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beggar said:

A friend of mine got a stone in a box. He payed for it... All this with Lazada.  //

Check on Google US: Amazon's packages arriving with sand bags or stones instead of the ordered product are not uncommon; Empty packages neither. And not everyone get his money back in such cases... even in the US.

I personally only had good experience with Thai online shops Lazada & Shopee

And same with Chinese ones BangGood &  AliExpress  (with pay-back of my only package who never arrived)

4 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Check on Google US: Amazon's packages arriving with sand bags or stones instead of the ordered product are not uncommon; Empty packages neither. And not everyone get his money back in such cases... even in the US.

I personally only had good experience with Thai online shops Lazada & Shopee

And same with Chinese ones BangGood &  AliExpress  (with pay-back of my only package who never arrived)

With Ebay in connection with PayPal I never had a problem. I ordered a lot and there were some fraudsters, no delivery, late delivery, wrong items, damaged items. Always got my money back immediately. Lazada you can use if you buy from the producer. In other cases I will not use it anymore. Lazada didn't even block the guy who tried to sell me the envelope. First he did not deliver at all... Was a waste of time to complain.

I had some problems with lazada but it always got solved. I am real happy with Lazada. Every company can have its problems. That is what happens mistakes are made everywhere. It sucks when its you that it happens too but I think in general there are not that many problems with Lazada.

I have had many orders and out of them just once a problem about a product not being in stock and getting my money back. One time a box with nothing in it but i just refused it. I knew ahead because the box was far to small for the product to be in. Also the price i paid was to low for it to be genuine. 

I use ebay too and amazon but I check all prices everywhere depending on how fast i need it and the price that is where i buy.