T21 big bird has landed

champers

The Terminal 21 plane has landed. It does appear to have crash landed as both its wings are disconnected. Let's hope no-one was injured.

Please excuse the poor quality photo, taken with shaky hands from a moving baht bus.

T21.jpg

Edited by Rimmer
Image rotated
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, champers said:

The Terminal 21 plane has landed. It does appear to have crash landed as both its wings are disconnected. Let's hope no-one was injured.

Was anyone injured when the plane crashed in to the Royal Gardens???royal-garden-shopping-center-Pattaya.png.7705afb15fc0352455d3c32f47b0e31a.png

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

The tall building, what's it's function? A hotel?

Yes, Centrepointe hotel.  Same attachment they have in BKK.

The plane has landed and the Effiel tower the leaning Tower of Pisa and Golden Gate bridge are on the way.

Edited by bkk6060

Nice. My hopes are getting even higher that this will be the black hole where the weekend Bangkokian invaders disappear, without ever setting wheels on central Pattaya itself. If they closed beach road entrance from Dolphin it'd be pure heaven.

• 4 weeks later...

+ 1. I think it will be a great mall. Not much of a shopper, but I enjoy to visit T21 in BKK when I am around town. Great people watching and overall pleasant and impressive mall. Problem here will be that "probably"??? there is not much of a high end market here. And clientele in general will not be BKK-style. Even if it becomes a destination. BKK is a rich business city and has totally different demographics. Tons of  good earners.......The rents at these shops must be astronomical? Has anybody inquired? Must sell mak-mak to just cover expenses etc. etc. For anything really special must trip to BKK. Soon much more traffic for sure, unless CENTRAL feels the heat and people drive via NPR to T21. Time will tell.  ?  MS>

It's a huge mall, I'd say 50% bigger than Central Festival, maybe more. Outside there is also a fake airplane parked on the "tarmac" about 70% completed. Also those airport style boarding walkways leading from ground to the 2nd level. I think it may be bigger in terms of land footprint than the BKK location which is quite space constrained (memory is rusty, haven't been there in years)

Now there are now 2 planes and a red double decker London bus has been installed on the 2nd floor (you can see it from Dolphin Circus).

The sales office was demolished a couple of weeks ago. 

It will surely be ready for high season, won't it?

There is a growing Chinese demographic at the Naklua end of town, IMO, both independant travellers and those in tours.

6 hours ago, Hal65 said:

It's a huge mall, I'd say 50% bigger than Central Festival, maybe more. 

I see figures that suggest it's smaller than Central. Central: 200,000m2 retail podium, and the T21 site claims 180,000m2 gross area. I also see 240,000m2 claimed on the fact sheet for Central.

http://www.terminal21.co.th/pattaya/en/project-component/

http://cpn-th.listedcompany.com/misc/PTYB FactSheet.pdf

I don't believe T21 has a department store, which would give Central the illusion it's smaller if you don't take that large area (22,000m2), which spans 5 floors, into consideration.

Edited by tropo

Just now, DrTuner said:

So did I, wasn't there one lying around somewhere in Na Jomthien that people thought would be used at T21?

Exactly that.

And don't I remember sketches/drawings showing two planes?
Or is it a hallucination?

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

All the malls in Thailand and there are still some who get excited when a new one gets built, incredible.

You must know little about the T21 concept.  Yes, it is something to be excited about.

Just wait.

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

You must know little about the T21 concept.  Yes, it is something to be excited about.

Just wait.

What is so exciting about a shopping mall?  The newer ones are more expensive due to higher rents. The older ones can look like disaster areas with vacant shops. I don't think there are any food shops left on the top floor of Promenada in Chiang Mai.

I suppose if one likes sitting in a new mall watching the eye candy go by, that might be an incentive.

34 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Just wait.

The concept is market streets of the world. It is decorated based on well-known streets in cities such as Rome, Paris, Tokyo, London, Istanbul. 

Wow, can't wait now I know the concept is decor based on well known city streets, so exciting, not.

58 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

All the malls in Thailand and there are still some who get excited when a new one gets built, incredible.

There are many malls in Thailand but I live in Pattaya where currently there's only one real mall. It's nice to have a choice, so yes, it's very exciting.

41 minutes ago, Tacuisse said:

What is so exciting about a shopping mall?  The newer ones are more expensive due to higher rents.  

Actually, that's not true. Most of the shops which occupy the larger malls are franchises and the prices are the same in all malls, old or new.