Another price increase for wine, it's getting silly now.

giddyup

1 hour ago, Ling Kae said:

I would like to give all readers a tip on a good wine I recently bought from Best Supermarket in Pattaya Klang.

It was a 2 Liter bottle called Maldino Rosso. It is 14.5% alcohol content and tastes absolutely beautiful and it cost 479 baht.

Since the price increases this is probably the best deal I can find right now. All the other 2 Liter bottles were at 630 baht, enjoy.

I believe I saw this in Villa Market here and was surprised at the alcohol content given that it is a fruit wine...…...have never tasted it though.

21 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I believe I saw this in Villa Market here and was surprised at the alcohol content given that it is a fruit wine...…...have never tasted it though.

https://www.vivino.com/wines/maldino-rosso-red-wine-v-ep4kt-uv

And this is the wine that contains alcohol additive that you commented on in another tax increase in wine , general topics. " would be a good drain cleaner or degreaser. It is not a fruit wine

See post 130

Edited by morrobay

17 minutes ago, morrobay said:

And this is the wine that contains alcohol additive that you commented on in another tax increase in wine , general topics. " would be a good drain cleaner or degreaser. It is not a fruit wine

See post 130

Mmmmm Drain Cleaner....Delicious.... 

homer-simpson-drooling-mmmmmmmmm-sounds-delicious.jpg

Edited by fforest1

17 minutes ago, morrobay said:

See post 130

It did state that it was an "aromatized wine" which as I stated in the post could be "a variation on a theme" . This because that term can apply to added alcohol and has been used to signify other additives which could be a fruit alcohol addition.

All the same, not one to lay down in the cellar!

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

I was in Friendship Supermarket yesterday and they were selling it for 475 baht. It is a nice smooth wine, I quite enjoy it.

6 hours ago, Ling Kae said:

I was in Friendship Supermarket yesterday and they were selling it for 475 baht. It is a nice smooth wine, I quite enjoy it.

Ok good now let us know  how the next morning  after say 4 or 5 glasses of this red wine compares to "other" mornings . 

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Ok good now let us know  how the next morning  after say 4 or 5 glasses of this red wine compares to "other" mornings . 

2 Thai ladies and I drank the whole 2 liters at home whilst eating in one night. I probably had 1 liter and they had half each. None of us had any adverse effects from it and we all woke up without a hangover.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 6:24 PM, giddyup said:

There'a new kid on the block (at least for me), and that's a 2 litre Berri Estate red for around 700 baht. One of the best cheap reds I've tried.

I was a big Berri Estate fan for the lower end product, will lookout for this thx

Available in 2 liters bottles in Makro Big C and Foodland ..Located with the other 2 liters bottles,  for example in Foodland Klang on top of the shelves..  Before was sold in 5 l containers..  Exists in red and white...  Both good compared to the other wines in the same range of price..  Real wine from South America,  not fruit wine..

For me,  much better than Berry..  

Have a nice day

just checked..  As there is no way a fruit wine can be close in taste to real wine..reason why I Don t buy or drink fruit wine..   Check on site worldofwine. Co. th.

Real wine made from grapes of Toledo region of Spain..

Then not South America,  but similar in taste.. 

Have a nice day

44 minutes ago, domdom said:

just checked..  As there is no way a fruit wine can be close in taste to real wine..reason why I Don t buy or drink fruit wine..   Check on site worldofwine. Co. th.

Have a nice day

Made from grapes with fruit juice added in the mix and that has to be called Fruit Wine...………...and you will see Fruit Wine written/hidden away on the cask/bottle and in small print, if Siam Winery has anything to do with it.

It tastes similar to wine made exclusively from grapes because grapes are the majority component in the mix along with the addition of fruit juice.

This subject has been done to death on this, Montclair and other threads pertaining to wine in Thailand.

44 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You do know this was posted on the Pattaya Forum?

Thought that this product was available in most major centres (even nationwide) being that it is from Siam Winery...……..so has it never been available in Pattaya??

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thought that this product was available in most major centres (even nationwide) being that it is from Siam Winery...……..so has it never been available in Pattaya??

Possibly, but can't say I've seen it.

5 hours ago, domdom said:

Have a nice day

It seems as if I was wrong, so my apologies domdom!!

I checked on the bottles at my Big C and there is no mention of "fruit wine" anywhere on the bottle, whereas there are mentions on just about all of the other Siam Winery products, as well as other imported brands.

I was probably getting confused with the other Spanish offering, "Mar Y Sol" which is as I described, although I was pretty certain I had seen the fruit wine words on the Finca bottles sometime in the past – – could well have been wrong on that.

It has an orange tax label on it so it was obviously produced in Thailand, more than likely from grape juice imported from Spain and at 699 baht for 2 L (350 baht for 1 L) it would have to make it good buying of it was drinkable.

Just in case you haven't been following the wine threads, Siam Winery produce many wines made from imported grape juice, mixed with some hibiscus/Roselle extract, which is why they have to use the words "fruit wine" on their products when this happens.

Hi Xilophone

No problem..  According to me wines made of fruit juice are terrible.. In fact I never tasted the Monclair

I do think this Finca Malpica wine surely is a mix of Malbec and Cabernet cepage.. 

For daily use,  and price value,  it is quite OK.. 

Have a nice evening.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, domdom said:

Hi Xilophone

No problem..  According to me wines made of fruit juice are terrible.. In fact I never tasted the Monclair

I do think this Finca Malpica wine surely is a mix of Malbec and Cabernet cepage.. 

For daily use,  and price value,  it is quite OK.. 

Have a nice evening.. 

I don't think they are made from fruit juice, but have fruit juice added. I suppose all wines are made from fruit juice, grapes being a fruit.

15 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I don't think they are made from fruit juice, but have fruit juice added. I suppose all wines are made from fruit juice, grapes being a fruit.

Broadly speaking yes, but let's not go there again because that subject and what can be called wine and what constitutes fruit wine has been settled by international oenological definitions and law.

But then you know that...……….!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Broadly speaking yes, but let's not go there again because that subject and what can be called wine and what constitutes fruit wine has been settled by international oenological definitions and law.

But then you know that...……….!!!!!!!!!

index.jpg