Another price increase for wine, it's getting silly now.

giddyup

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

Always remember "If the mountain won't come to Mohamid, Mohamid must go to the mountain"

Keep on whining about the price of wine. Let us know when you succeed in having it lowered and then we can all thank you.

Good Luck!

And seeing as you like muttering irrelevant proverbs, here's a better one:

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

Edited by tropo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

Keep on whining about the price of wine. Let us know when you succeed in having it lowered and then we can all thank you.

Good Luck!

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

Because the proverb went over your head, doesn't make it irrelevant. ? 

18 hours ago, tropo said:

I suppose this really upsets heavy consumers. Buying only one bottle every 1 to 2 months, I don't mind paying 600 - 1000 baht per bottle.

Which leads to a very good way to balance the extra cost and not get overly upset. For example, if the cost of good wines increased to say 25%, cut down on consumption by 25% and break even. Just buy the good stuff and cut back a bit. The most important thing is to stop being too stressed over this because drinking wine should be a relaxing and pleasurable experience. 

But!? I like  to relax  and have  pleasurable experiences without a  25 %  cut ! Hell !  Thats  like  suggesting  I  cut  25 %  of  my miserable  life! Oh  S.it !  Did  I just admit  that ! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Yeah, stop drinking wine out of principle. 5555555

No one will be the slightest bit concerned about your abstinence. Most of the wine I see in top retailer's cellars is expensive anyway - definitely not for table wine consumers.

I don't think you understood my post.

Contrarian as usual.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, tropo said:

Good Luck!

And another one:

Contrarians of all countries, unite (Marx).

These days, you will have a lot of uniting to do.

46 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

But!? I like  to relax  and have  pleasurable experiences without a  25 %  cut ! Hell !  Thats  like  suggesting  I  cut  25 %  of  my miserable  life! Oh  S.it !  Did  I just admit  that ! ?

I wouldn't take a 25% cut in consumption just because the price has gone up by 25%, that was only a suggestion for people who are really affected by the price hike. I used 25% as an example because I don't know what the percentage is. I pay in the 600 baht to 1000 baht for my wine (750ml bottles) as I buy a wide variety from many different countries, so pinpointing an exact price hike would be difficult.

40 minutes ago, oldhippy said:
1 hour ago, tropo said:

Yeah, stop drinking wine out of principle. 5555555

No one will be the slightest bit concerned about your abstinence. Most of the wine I see in top retailer's cellars is expensive anyway - definitely not for table wine consumers.

I don't think you understood my post.

Contrarian as usual.

2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Maybe it is not about money, but about the principle? 555

What's there to understand about that?

You're just another person waffling on about "principle".

59 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Sounds very stupid.

You measure pleasure by every ounce you consume?

Have a good sized shot of Vodka or Tequila then jump into your 75% wine and you will feel relaxed and pleasured.

Enjoy life man, don't measure it by ounces.......

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Sounds very stupid.

You measure pleasure by every ounce you consume?

Have a good sized shot of Vodka or Tequila then jump into your 75% wine and you will feel relaxed and pleasured.

Enjoy life man, don't measure it by ounces.......

? But  I do  that  already!  Vodka,  James, Single Malts. 

?Where is  the  stupid?

7 minutes ago, tropo said:
  2 hours ago, oldhippy said:

What's there to understand about that?

You're just another person waffling on about "principle".

The principle of being a nuisance to Thaksin.

Not that I like the man, or hs family.

You realy did not understand my post, did you?

Or a score to settle?

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

The principle of being a nuisance to Thaksin.

Not that I like the man, or hs family.

You realy did not understand my post, did you?

Or a score to settle?

There was no mention of Thaksin or context. Excuse me if I didn't read previous posts of yours to gain that valuable insight.

I have no score to settle with you, but by mentioning that, it certainly feels like you do.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

There was no mention of Thaksin or context. Excuse me if I didn't read previous posts of yours to gain that valuable insight.

I have no score to settle with you, but by mentioning that, it certainly feels like you do.

if you say so

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, oldhippy said:

I remember a joke from 40 years ago in New Zealand, when their wine industry was just taking off.

"Real men don't drink anything that comes on stilts".

Maybe the military concider themselves real men?

And didn't Taksin (like the other hiso) like to drink wine?

Sweet revenge.

You may call this a conspiracy theory, but....

Here it is.

Again.

No mention of Thaksin or context hu?

27 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Here it is.

Again.

No mention of Thaksin or context hu?

Here's the post I replied to, including the quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes its a conspiracy theory because the hi so's have so much money they won't care its the poor farang wine drinkers who care.  (poor compared to the real hi so's)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to Thaksin? NO! Sure, you may or may not have mentioned Thaksin in an earlier post, but I don't find your posts interesting enough to do a full search through all the comments you make. 

Seriously dude.... you need to get another bottle of wine as I see you've just made your third consecutive post over this non-issue.

There's a valuable lesson in this for you. If you're really concerned that all your posts are understood in the context you desire, include a full reference to such context in the quotes. Then you won't have to spend all evening arguing with, or insulting members who didn't get it.

Edited by tropo

57 minutes ago, tropo said:

Here's the post I replied to, including the quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes its a conspiracy theory because the hi so's have so much money they won't care its the poor farang wine drinkers who care.  (poor compared to the real hi so's)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reference to Thaksin? NO! Sure, you may or may not have mentioned Thaksin in an earlier post, but I don't find your posts interesting enough to do a full search through all the comments you make. 

Seriously dude.... you need to get another bottle of wine as I see you've just made your third consecutive post over this non-issue.

There's a valuable lesson in this for you. If you're really concerned that all your posts are understood in the context you desire, include a full reference to such context in the quotes. Then you won't have to spend all evening arguing with, or insulting members who didn't get it.

priceless

9 hours ago, morrobay said:

OK isn't about time to put a cork on this one. 

Thanks,

A few pages back I mentioned that I knew where 60 x old stock 5 litre boxes were selling at 1005 baht but instead of interest on where this place is we got "all of the above"..

No problems! That lot should keep me going for a bit..

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, tropo said:

The facts are that the price of wine has increased and there's nothing you can do about it. Endlessly whining about it on Thaivisa won't change a thing.

That's the post I agree with, then came the, IMO, many nonsense posts after it.

Surely we should be focussing on where the cask folk can get the best deal, any new wines "discovered" that don't bust the budget and even those out there that are reasonably priced that we may have missed?

I have posted about buying a red from OZ called "Hopes End' and I can buy that at around 440 to 460 baht a bottle and it beats other more expensive wines hands down...…..has anyone tried it??

About alcohol prices:

In Nepal - a country much more poor than Thailand:

Beer is far more expensive, but also much better.

Wine is almost as expensive as in Thailand, but you can buy it in small shops that have quite a variety of good wines at reasonable prices (compared to Thailand).

Hard liquor is very expensive, many times the Thai price.

Result: you never see drunks in Nepal, and I can afford a good wine.

I noticed that even Laughing Bird has gone up to 460 baht or thereabouts. For a while it had only gone up about 10 or 15 baht and was a better deal than a box.

Tried some Thai pineapple wine the other day but as the wife says ,

looks like piss , smells like piss and if I ever drink piss I bet that's what it will taste like.

9 hours ago, baansgr said:

Australian Cheese seems to have increased by almost 20% in one hit. Was 174 Baht now 202/4

Wow yes.

I can see why this $1 increase may cause you and many others to be upset.

Does this terrible hyper inflation make you want to leave the country?

Just curious what you are thinking about this.

• Haha 1

I hope they put all prices up 50000%. Because then I can point fingers at any one saying it's no ploplem just grin and bear. First they came..and ya folks spread the buttocks wide.

What we need is proper speakeasys and bootleg.

15 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I hope they put all prices up 50000%. Because then I can point fingers at any one saying it's no ploplem just grin and bear. First they came..and ya folks spread the buttocks wide.

What we need is proper speakeasys and bootleg.

Sure why not?

The Chinese and Thais I know do not drink wine or eat cheese anyway.

Mostly cheap whiskey drinkers.

A complaint about wine prices is a Falang complaint.

98% of the people here or who visit here, care less.