Coleslaw

Nemises

In my neck of the (Thai) woods, coleslaw cannot be found in any store, including KFC.
Is it available anywhere in or near NE Thailand....or anywhere in LoS ???

KFC must have it.

It is pretty cheap and easy to make

1 minute ago, mogandave said:

KFC must have it

There's a way too convenient KFC less than a 10 minute walk from my residence and I lunch there way too often.  I haven't seen cole slaw on any of their menus in a long time.  

I have a blender with a small food processor attachment and I've made cole slaw a few times pretty easily.  Just some cabbage cut into chunks, carrots and anything else you like tossed in, topped off with a dollop of mayo. Couple of whirrs  and it done.

There's a way too convenient KFC less than a 10 minute walk from my residence and I lunch there way too often.  I haven't seen cole slaw on any of their menus in a long time.  

I have a blender with a small food processor attachment and I've made cole slaw a few times pretty easily.  Just some cabbage cut into chunks, carrots and anything else you like tossed in, topped off with a dollop of mayo. Couple of whirrs  and it done.

My wife gets coleslaw from KFC

Equal quantities of shredded cabbage, carrot and onion.

Mayo, dash of malt vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and a dollop of mustard.

Mix and refrigerate. Keeps for around a week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sincere thanks for all the suggestions on how to make it. But at this point in time I’m just wanting to know if it’s available to purchase from any store in NE Thailand.... in particular KK province.

26 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

Maybe it's because Mayo is difficult to keep "fresh" in Thailand...

Unless I bought the ingredients myself and kept it in the fridge I wouldn't touch coleslaw here.......

I suspect 'mayo' used by KFC etc etc is made in big bulke with added chemicals and loaded with preservatives to keep it fresh forever.

It's like a lot of foods you cannot find here,either because they

have sold out and might not be back in stock,for weeks,even years.

You just have to make your own version,or find the nearest different

brand,Coleslaw is very easy to make,buy the round white hard cabbage

slice it very thin,grate some carrot,onion also thinly sliced,mix together

bit salt pepper,mix in the Mayo,done, I use the Mayo from Makro,its in

a plastic bag, 500 gram ?,their own brand  65 THB, Open the bag and transfer 

to jars keep in fridge.

I also tried a different way to make Coleslaw,cut the ingredients up put them

in a pestle and mortar,and bash away at it,softens it and conbinds flavour.  

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jeremia Juxtaposed said:

haha I was going to try apple cider vinegar or pineapple vinegar instead of malt in your coleslaw recipe - I am stuck for choice now!!!

Apple cider vinegar is good. Mayo brand from village Tesco is also Best Food, not sweet.

1 minute ago, Gregster said:

Thanks for all the advices on how to make it. But does anyone know if coleslaw can be currently PURCHASED anywhere in KK province?

Sorry, no. I live in Chon Buri. If I could buy it locally I wouldn't, it's too easy to make. I don't understand why you wouldn't. Maybe you could elaborate?

36 minutes ago, scorecard said:

I suspect 'mayo' used by KFC etc etc is made in big bulke with added chemicals and loaded with preservatives to keep it fresh forever.

I suspect that maybe there might be a slight chance that you could be suggesting something that could be a possibility.......

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, scorecard said:

And made with very cheap nasty palm oils.

Buy? It takes 2 minutes to make it fresh and to your own taste. As an alternative to mayo consider natural yoghurt.

Even homemade mayo takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.

Why are you so insistent on trying to purchase something that is so simple to make?

Edited by Psimbo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Most shop bought mayo is crap. If I can't be bothered to make my own, I use natural yoghurt to make my coleslaw. Makes the coleslaw much lighter.

Sounds good, will give it a go. Above, forgot a squeeze of fresh lime.

Wow, someone starts a topic, where to buy cole slaw. It comes down to 'how to make cole slaw. If that is not enough, now it's how to make your own mayo..........?

Next...... 'how to grow organic cabbage'

Edited by Emmess
  • Like 1

Wow, someone starts a topic, where to buy cole slaw. It comes down to 'how to make cole slaw. If that is not enough, now it's how to make your own mayo..........[emoji850]

[emoji106]. I’m still hopeful that someone living in/near KK will answer the thread’s original question and advise where I can BUY coleslaw, NOT make it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emmess said:

Wow, someone starts a topic, where to buy cole slaw. It comes down to 'how to make cole slaw. If that is not enough, now it's how to make your own mayo..........?

Next...... 'how to grow organic cabbage'

So you would prefer posters just replying "No" or ignoring the thread???

I have learnt something from it as maybe others have too...

• Like 2