Why a Full English trumps a Pad Thai any day of the week among Pattaya Expats

webfact

Why a Full English trumps a Pad Thai any day of the week among Pattaya Expats

By Dan Cheeseman

full-english-pattaya.jpg?resize=800,500&

For Brits and even other Western nationalities, an English Breakfast is the ultimate morning treat. It may not be healthy but it is very tasty, even more so with a cup of tea.

So why is the full English so popular among the expat community of Pattaya when there are other such delights available on the menu from Pad Thai to Thai noodle soup?

Full story: https://danaboutthailand.com/2018/06/02/why-a-full-english-trumps-a-pad-thai-any-day-of-the-week-among-pattaya-expats/

-- DAN ABOUT THAILAND 2018-06-07

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is it really that popular among non-U.K expats? I reckon not. I ordered it once. Sugary beans? Yuck. Black pudding? If you like blood. Bubble and squeak? No sex for brekkie please. 

Yes...me and my Swedish friends in Pattaya always eat english breakfast almost every morning.

As someone said.. after a full english breakfast.. u be ok until dinner ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I would prefer to have a stack of buttermilk pancakes with butter, sausage patties, hash browns, an egg easy over,  a glass of fresh squeezed OJ, and bottomless cup of good black coffee.

But you go ahead and have your eggs, beans, sausage, and toast.

Sounds great but good luck finding that particular dream set in Pattaya! 

40 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Is it really that popular among non-U.K expats? I reckon not. I ordered it once. Sugary beans? Yuck. Black pudding? If you like blood. Bubble and squeak? No sex for brekkie please. 

The blood was removed from black pudding more than 40 years ago. It was replaced by a dye.

• Confused 2

This guy talks so much <deleted>. I don't know anybody of any gender or of any nationality, expat or visitor that eats an English breakfast more than twice a month...most never at all or maybe once a month

On my visits to Big C I normally grab a hawmok pladok or if I am lucky hawmok het for 20 baht from the stalls outside and have it for brekkie when I get home..

Same same Soi Buakhao market: I grab a small bag of Thai food for 30/40 baht + 10 baht rice  - breakfast sorted!

Edited by Jeremia Juxtaposed
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trigpoint said:

Besides being tastier, it keeps you going all day, unlike a pad thai.

Nonsense.  I got a sore stomach just looking at that greasy mess of a meal in OP.  Guaranteed that 99% of people who eat this are obese or overweight.  Pad Thai is wayyyyyyyyyyyy better and healthier to boot.

Edited by mugaly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

I would prefer to have a stack of buttermilk pancakes with butter, sausage patties, hash browns, an egg easy over,  a glass of fresh squeezed OJ, and bottomless cup of good black coffee.

But you go ahead and have your eggs, beans, sausage, and toast.

Pancakes sound a bit dry without maple syrup.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

For Brits and even other Western nationalities, an English Breakfast is the ultimate morning treat.

Where in the world you can eat the best English food?................nowhere because there is no such thing.

• Haha 1

i like bacon potato toast and egg, and for some reason that is usually referred to as "american breakfast",

but there is just no way in hell i will eat sausage or beans when i have any option at all

like i have in pattaya

also wonder why  dan cheese keeps harping on

pattaya expats eats beans & sausage ?!

i bet half expats here flat out refuse beans & sausage,

i'm one of them

Edited by poanoi

Plenty of decent English breakfasts at 100 baht (Retox) for one plenty at 140 and if you go to 200 baht versions you wont need to eat again that day for sure. Even buffets now for 180 Baht that has all of the ingredients that was in opening photo

What did she do to that poor egg? (I'm assuming the yellow and white item used to be an egg) whistling.gif&key=cd89e8446a43a58d3edc13f02739a24f5604238d5531365a404479b5f3908a16

LoL that's the egg for granddaughter ,she likes them like that kind of scrambled omelet ! + the "plastic" unburnt sausages.

• Like 1