Australian man stabbed in Walking Street bar

webfact

22 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

They are males.  They just come up behind you and start neck massaging. 

That would freak me out, I can understand then that if that happened to this young guy he could easily react in a negative way,

scorecard, please note that this was the reply I was looking for.

Thanks gk10002000. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

That would freak me out, I can understand then that if that happened to this young guy he could easily react in a negative way,

scorecard, please note that this was the reply I was looking for.

Thanks gk10002000. 

yeah.  Several of the clubs there do it.  I hate it.  When entering the bathroom it may not be obvious what might happen but if one knows in advance, wave them off say "mai Ow" and hope for the best.  I guess it is an Asian thing over there but when I first experienced it, luckily my friend had warned me in advance

13 hours ago, nasa123 said:

Whay are Mixx Discotheque open 04.30 in the morning (corruption) ?

Couldnt be corruption that does not exist. I would guess they were showing cartoons for children as Pattaya is a family resort

• Like 2

15 hours ago, z42 said:

Dreadful form. The toilet in mixx disco has the attendants who massage shoulders while you piss.

They are uninvited and react rudely when you tell them no. I can imagine drunken out of towners maybe taking exception.

Pure speculation of course.. I can imagine some serious downplaying of this at any rate.. A few fines, wais and away you go should do it ?

I made a previous comment about shoulder rubbers and people who are not familiar with the concept especially Australians who have a thing about what is correct toilet etiquette.  :cheesy:

15 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Yeah but not by another man when you've got your todger out.

You are mistaken; it may not be as common now as in the past, but back when, if you went to the khazie at almost any Thai night entertainment venue, a male Thai cloakroom attendant would attempt to massage your shoulders from behind while Percy was pointing at the porcelain. Most off-putting it was, but as always, it was a mistake to take violent exception to the gentleman trying to earn a few Baht - but this could be the reason why this unfortunate young man was stabbed.

• Like 1

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-shooting-latest-stabbings-crime-rate-muggings-mopeds-gangs-sadiq-khan-a8388551.html

100s of violent crimes a day in london. Especially stabbings. In Pattaya it's so rare it makes headlines and a long thread on TV. Regarding the shoulder rub massages. If you can't can't accept cultural differences then you really should not travel out of your own country. You can politely refuse it and anyway the tip is minimal. There are too many small minded foreigners coming here. The are not really travellers and are out of their depth. Mixx is a dreadful place playing dreadful music and is bound to attract problem people.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, happy chappie said:

There we have it then.the refusal to have a massage has lead to this incedent.case closed,next.i was thinking maybe the janitor as like in scooby doo.it was always the janitor in disguise.

Unless, of course, it was old Mr Withers from the abandoned amusement park. "And I would have got away with it too, if it wasn't for you pesky kids!"

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

OK , have it your way .

May I suggest that TV posters just read the article and make no comment , other TV posters are just waiting in the background , ready to criticise  anyone who makes a comment about what may have happened  

Being involved in security opps for decades. This is very easy to comprehend lol. 

4 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

You are mistaken; it may not be as common now as in the past, but back when, if you went to the khazie at almost any Thai night entertainment venue, a male Thai cloakroom attendant would attempt to massage your shoulders from behind while Percy was pointing at the porcelain. Most off-putting it was, but as always, it was a mistake to take violent exception to the gentleman trying to earn a few Baht - but this could be the reason why this unfortunate young man was stabbed.

Errrr.it was a joke but obviously you can't see it.

Not being a patron of MIXX or Walking Street, I'm going to ass-u-me that toilet attendant is a male with nasty intentions. My cure, is do a 180 turn, while still dispensing urine. "Oh, excuse me, you gave me such a scare." If attendant was a female, carry on miss.

21 hours ago, z42 said:

Dreadful form. The toilet in mixx disco has the attendants who massage shoulders while you piss.

Hmmm... sounds more like "The bar I was sitting in was like a complete toilet with girls massaging my shoulders while I was pissed".  Now that I can relate to ?

4 hours ago, The manic said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/london-shooting-latest-stabbings-crime-rate-muggings-mopeds-gangs-sadiq-khan-a8388551.html

100s of violent crimes a day in london. Especially stabbings. In Pattaya it's so rare it makes headlines and a long thread on TV. Regarding the shoulder rub massages. If you can't can't accept cultural differences then you really should not travel out of your own country. You can politely refuse it and anyway the tip is minimal. There are too many small minded foreigners coming here. The are not really travellers and are out of their depth. Mixx is a dreadful place playing dreadful music and is bound to attract problem people.

London has a population of almost 9 million, you clown. If London had the same population as Pattaya, then a stabbing would make the headlines. Wise up apologist.

7 hours ago, car720 said:

I made a previous comment about shoulder rubbers and people who are not familiar with the concept especially Australians who have a thing about what is correct toilet etiquette.  :cheesy:

I understand French males wash their hands before a pee, not after. Everyone has their own etiquette.

Enlighten me - what is correct toilet etiquette for an Australian? As an Australian, I'd like to know because I've never thought about it before.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Excuse my ignorance, would that be male or females massaging shoulders in the toilets ? genuine question as it has been many a decade since I last frequented anything remotely like a Disco, so if a guy started massaging me he may get told to politely walk away in short sharp jerky movements.

Males doing the massage in male toilets... I have no idea what happens in the ladies.. 

been a while since I last made the mistake of going in the wrong one ^^

“Dreadful form. The toilet in mixx disco has the attendants who massage shoulders while you piss. They are uninvited and react rudely when you tell them no.”

It had happened to me about 10 years ago at Discovery club (when it was still in business). 

A young Thai guy aproched me from behind while I was washing my hands, I could see that they were 3 , and demanded money. I gave him 40b to just not getting in any fight with 3 since 2 of them blocked the toilet door. 

I saw some other Thai guys just sneaked our to get away without engaging any trouble. 

It was A good night and it did not worth to engage any fight for $1 , but unforgettable experience. 

Those guys step in when they see a farang enteres the toilet. 

Edited by The Theory

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I understand French males wash their hands before a pee, not after. Everyone has their own etiquette.

Enlighten me - what is correct toilet etiquette for an Australian? As an Australian, I'd like to know because I've never thought about it before.

Rule 1:  Don't look

Rule 2:  Don't touch or go near another person

Rule 3:  If kids come in leave as quickly as possible in case you get called a pedo.