Australian man stabbed in Pattaya nightclub reveals details of his attack, denies groping woman

Jonathan Fairfield

Australian man stabbed in Pattaya nightclub reveals details of his attack, denies groping woman

jeremey.jpg

Jeremy McCall being treated shortly after arriving in hospital following the attack

An Australian man has said a misunderstanding led to him being stabbed in a Pattaya nightclub.

Jeremy McCall told Thaivisa he is now back home in Sydney recovering from his injuries after being discharged from hospital.

“I’m okay now I’m back home in Australia and everything is going well in recovery”, Jeremy said via Facebook.

Jeremy, 22, and his friends had been in Mixx Discotheque in Walking Street during the early hours of Thursday morning when he was stabbed in the chest following a confrontation with another foreigner.

Thai police have since identified the man as an Israeli national who fled Thailand just hours after stabbing Jeremy.

Following the attack, Jaydon Sienkiewicz was incorrectly named as the victim. However, Jeremy has now revealed that Jaydon is his best friend and was with him in Mixx Discotheque.

Jeremy says he isn’t exactly sure why Jaydon was named as the victim but presumes it was because he gave a statement to police and his name was then picked up by local reporters.

jeremey-1.jpg

CCTV footage shows Jeremy moments before he was stabbed

After the incident was originally reported by Thai media, grainy CCTV footage appeared to show Jeremy groping a woman who was with the man who attacked him.

The man then produced a flick knife and within seconds had stabbed Jeremy.

However, Jeremy now says that the footage doesn’t tell the full story - crucially that the woman was known to him and that he was tapping her in order to get her attention.

Jeremy said the woman was a friend of one of his friends and he wanted to tell her that his friend was looking for her.

“I didn’t grab her arse, I was trying to tap her to get her attention to say my mate was looking for her,” Jeremy told the Daily Telegraph.

“The cops believed me because they saw from earlier footage she was with us all night.”

Jeremy described feeling a “little jab” but didn’t initially realise he had been stabbed.

“I walked over to my mates after I got stabbed — they thought I had red wine on my shirt — then I lifted my shirt and it was spurting blood,” he said.

“I was rushed out of the club and found the police who put me on the back of a ute and took me straight to hospital.”

jeremey-nation.jpg

That hospital was Pattaya Memorial Hospital where Jeremy describes a chaotic scene of people with doctors and nurses who couldn’t speak English unable to update him on his condition and journalists with cameras barging in to take photos of him as he lay in his hospital bed.

He was later transferred to another hospital where Jeremy says doctors could speak English and give a full update on his condition.

On Friday it was revealed by Thai media how the owner of Mixx Nightclub and Thai police presented him with gifts and a cheque for 5,000 baht to help pay for his medical costs.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-09

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

On Friday it was revealed by Thai media how the owner of Mixx Nightclub and Thai police presented him with gifts and a cheque for 5,000 baht to help pay for his medical costs.

I am disgusted at this, someone could have given him a cuddly Joey (Kangaroo) so he could cuddle up too, how thoughtless people can be at times.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Reminds me of a time in Soi Cowboy - a dancing girl got bar fined by a Japanese guy,  as she left the stage to get changed, a white guy sat near the stage went crazy. Throwing beer bottles and glasses at the bar shouting, word to the effect' that's my girlfriend'.  He went absolutely ballistic and even hit me as I tried to calm him down. The police came and he went to hospital.

Edited by Maverell
  • Sad 1

Proof that illiteracy and zero comprehension runs rampant in TV.

Nope, don't think so...
Easier just to say he's fled the country, saves time investigating !

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, wcoast said:

43 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Nope, don't think so...
Easier just to say he's fled the country, saves time investigating !

So, here's a quick quiz for you...

What's the stabber's name?

• Haha 1

The Israeli wasn't named, but he was identified and his embassy contacted. It was known that he left the country at 10am that morning. The fact that his nationality is known pretty much precludes they have identified him. His nickname is Jerusalem jab or the Haifa hackjob.

So, here's a quick quiz for you...

What's the stabber's name?

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, wcoast said:

You must be right because the diligent RTP never tell porkies !

I guess you have contacts at the embassy that have confirmed that story ?

3 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Lesson learned dont try to get the attention from a freelancer when she plays pool with a jewish person..

As far as I am aware , that has only happened just the one time .

It should be OK , to do so in future, if you so wish

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, wcoast said:

What's really a shame is that security did use a metal detector wand or a decent pat down on guests entering the club.

Unfortunately ceramic blades with aluminum handles wouldn't raise a beep with a wand. Too many places to conceal from a 5 second pat down as would be the case here with the number of people coming through.

Just saying in defence of the security.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Unfortunately ceramic blades with aluminum handles wouldn't raise a beep with a wand. Too many places to conceal from a 5 second pat down as would be the case here with the number of people coming through.

Just saying in defence of the security.

Yeah right. Really likely to be carrying a custom made flick knife with an aluminium handle and ceramic blade. See them for sale everywhere! More likely to be carrying a cheap flick knife you can buy in a lot of street markets here.

Having worked security it is difficult to always catch things given the context. As you say, far too many hiding places for those who want to carry something for defense. In my naught boy days, when it was much more common for people to have something, I was never caught by any of the door staff at the local clubs; and neither were a lot of others.

The security will be as thorough as management tell them to be hence the variable standards. But realistically, many places staff make token efforts. 

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Media1 said:

Will police pursue the trash overseas

Hardly. They'll make it known to the local authorities there through their embassy but as far as the guy coming to any sort of justice that's not likely.  Let's hope they ban him from every returning.

1 minute ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

Hardly. They'll make it known to the local authorities there through their embassy but as far as the guy coming to any sort of justice that's not likely.  Let's hope they ban him from every returning.

He will be on the wanted entry list for sure. Euro trash list