Ukranian skimmers stealing from Phuket people bought 18 million baht houses

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Jingjock said:

Been safe for 7 years now, electronic key to enter building, key to my room, cameras on every floor, better that banks. In thai if money gets stolen from your account Kaput, no refund not like western world

You've been an employee working at Fort Knox before?:smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

By now they dont own either the land or the house..

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes they can own houses! They just can't own the land!!!

Who can I contact, I would like to rent one of these houses ? 

Shouldn't be too expensive.

10k/month can help their lot in jail a little easier.

5 hours ago, transam said:

BKK bank provides an SMS message service to tell you instantly of credits and ATM withdrawals on your account, 15bht a month...:thumbsup:

Krungsri too, it works instantly when I withdraw money almost at the same very second money is in my hand I ear a little "ding" in my telephone.

As you "said" :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Not the brightest bunch to invest their ill gotten gains into houses they can’t own and nearly impossible to resell..

When you are making more money than you can spend each day, even irrational purchases probably will seem sensible.... Especially as the alternative is living in a condo with boxes of cash stacked up to the ceiling

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Every time you hand it to a waitress to pay your bill, they can swipe it and get the security number from the physical card.

Scrape  off the 3 digit code in the back (ccv) 

After memorising it

1 hour ago, todlad said:

it is worrying that they know the 3 digit code. how about your online password?

last year I was just checking into my hotel in Singapore and they said my card declined ... I only maintain one card. my bank told me some bellender had guessed or bought my card number and tried to buy some very low value items. after three failed attempts at guessing my codes the bank blocked AND cancelled my card. 

I carry odds and ends of currencies with me but until I could get my replacement card here, moving around was a bit tense. anything unplanned for and I was sunk.

Of course, these thieves couldn't care less about the likes of us!

Never ever did I buy online in Thailand with this HSBC card on my main account, but on a few websites I know yes I buy online for years, two weeks before. BUT... I bought a juicer in Thailand with this card...and of course, I gave my 3 back numbers too, HSBC sent me a one time code by SMS for authenticating my purchase,  someone in this company was bound to see all these numbers of my card... One week later this happened, of course, it could only be a coincidence ???  To answer your question thoroughly, my passwords are rather complicated I make a long sentence very easy to understand for me and use the first letter or number of each word, then in my computer in my notes I could write which sentence for which site, The sentences I never/cannot forget are written nowhere. It could be:  I was born in London England in the 20th century. So password:    "IwbiLEit20tc."  Probably far from perfect for perfectionist geeks but OK for me

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Police advised ATM users in Phuket to check machines carefully before withdrawing cash."

Why on earth would the banks do that regularly not to say every day, at least each time when distributors are recharged in banknotes?

21 minutes ago, geisha said:

Surely, they can invent ATM machines that are impossible to scam? 

I presume so, yes, but that would also include security that would be too much for many people.

It is not the ATM being scammed, it is the people.

10 hours ago, cedel said:

Please put those scumbags in a thai jail and for long time ! Fed up about reading all the scammers and criminals from the earth always go to Thailand and live luxury life with the money stolen from honest people working hard for it ! 

and hopefully they won't be allowed to buy themselves out

We always go inside the bank to withdraw money.  Can't get conned there. People are lazy and love their plastic money cards."

I wished if banks were open 24 Hr. 

But I don’t keep big fund in my ATM account for security. 

Edited by The Theory

5 hours ago, maximillian said:

Who can I contact, I would like to rent one of these houses ? 

Shouldn't be too expensive.

10k/month can help their lot in jail a little easier.

The Police chiefs are living in them from now on!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would suggest that he may be enjoying the cuisine at Bang Kwang (Bangkok Hilton) for a very long time. and be re-accommodated to the most humble room.!!!

Edited by off road pat

23 hours ago, todlad said:

Interesting. Serious questions how do you know it's working ... does it beep or send a message or what? how often has it warned you?

My SCB warns me by SMS whenever a withdrawal over a certain amount of baht is made, as well when my account has been accessed on-line.

19 hours ago, chang1 said:

UK banks do protect you. If you show a fraudulent transaction has taken place, they will refund the stolen money. Many accounts are free (including free use of ATMs) as long as you stay in credit, so providing ATMs can be a great (free) service. The Thai banks charge a very high fee to use their ATMs making it obvious that they are making huge profits - why do you need to be told that? As for leeching, banks are not a charity so need to charge to stay in business. If you don't like them so much why not stop using them. You will soon see them in a different light.

I agree, it is the ATM manufacturers who need to do more. One easy way to help is by standardising the card slot and areas where cameras are placed. This would make any modifications easier to see.

Your basic premise is sound of course but I believe that you have not considered the history in all of this.  Banks since the beginning have offered you money in return for allowing them to use your deposits.  Now they no longer wish to do this.  They explain that it costs them too much money to make money so therefore they need to charge you for your deposits.  Tell me if I have overlooked something.

5 hours ago, car720 said:

Your basic premise is sound of course but I believe that you have not considered the history in all of this.  Banks since the beginning have offered you money in return for allowing them to use your deposits.  Now they no longer wish to do this.  They explain that it costs them too much money to make money so therefore they need to charge you for your deposits.  Tell me if I have overlooked something.

You are right, due to very low interest rates and the tightening up of regulations about what they can invest in, they don't make as much as they used to on your money. Where I disagree with you is that by using words like leeching you imply that they should not charge you for the services that they provide for you. A bit like saying Tesco or the corner store are leeching off you and so should sell groceries for the same price that they pay. 

In the UK we are encouraged to change banks to get better value for money. This is the best way to keep banks from over charging. The problem is people are lazy so don't change often enough.

8 hours ago, chang1 said:

You are right, due to very low interest rates and the tightening up of regulations about what they can invest in, they don't make as much as they used to on your money. Where I disagree with you is that by using words like leeching you imply that they should not charge you for the services that they provide for you. A bit like saying Tesco or the corner store are leeching off you and so should sell groceries for the same price that they pay. 

In the UK we are encouraged to change banks to get better value for money. This is the best way to keep banks from over charging. The problem is people are lazy so don't change often enough.

What I should have said was, double dipping.  They take our deposits and make a profit from that and then charge disproportionate fees for their customers to use whatsoever service they offer.  They cannot say that they do not make profit from our deposits or they would not be able to post such huge profits year on year.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:41 AM, cedel said:

Please put those scumbags in a thai jail and for long time ! Fed up about reading all the scammers and criminals from the earth always go to Thailand and live luxury life with the money stolen from honest people working hard for it ! 

They stolen money from bankers.

Where is bankers honest hard working people?

?

You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest. You may charge a foreigner interest, but you may not charge your brother interest, that the Lord your God may bless you in all that you undertake in the land that you are entering to take possession of it.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:41 AM, cedel said:

have purchased two houses . How Foreigners cant purchase Land in Thailand