Where to get weighed in Bangkok

BillStrangeOgre

2 hours ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

I’ve got a question about where to find weighing scales in Bangkok, the type where you pay a small fee to the vendor to get weighed.

What are you looking to weigh?

Yourself or some kind of product?

31 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Walk into any hospital, they have them everywhere and they're free to use.

"This one's free, but you'll be back."

Hospitals are great places to catch incurable diseases. I'll pass.

5 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

"This one's free, but you'll be back."

Hospitals are great places to catch incurable diseases. I'll pass.

Disease tends to be spread primarily through bacterial infections or by viruses, a third way is that they develop in the body through mutations. Since most of the larger hospitals such as Bumrungrad have air handling systems with HEPA capabilities the air in a hospital is arguably much cleaner than the air in say a supermarket and far cleaner than the air in the street, viral infection risk is therefore very low. The risk of bacterial infections is reduced significantly by thorough cleaning and since hospitals tend to be big on such things, the hospital environment is certainly going to be cleaner than the supermarket, the street or the bar!

So that leaves us with mutations inside the body, cancer and the like. Frankly, I don't think you're likely to develop incurable cancer just by visiting a hospital but you will know best on this point!

8 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

What are you looking to weigh?

Yourself or some kind of product?

Looking to weigh myself, don’t want to buy a set of scales as i’m Travelling at the moment

others have mentioned ourside 7/11 but can’t remember seeing them there, must keep my eyes open!

Hospital sounds the best bet. Thanks for all the replies, cheers ? 

15 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

... air handling systems with HEPA capabilities the air ...

I forgot we were talking about BKK.  My wife volunteers at the hospital in Loei in the check-in area.  No aircon and 50 to 100 people waiting  for treatment.  ?

21 hours ago, BillStrangeOgre said:

Looking to weigh myself, don’t want to buy a set of scales as i’m Travelling at the moment

others have mentioned ourside 7/11 but can’t remember seeing them there, must keep my eyes open!

Hospital sounds the best bet. Thanks for all the replies, cheers ? 

Bill if you are considering a weight loss or shape up program remember to get lots of measurements.  Your clothing size right now.  Your belt size etc.   Weight loss overtime often redistributes weight inside the body into a more pleasing shape flattening the stomach and denting in the sides thinning the double cheeks etc.  During this period you might not have any weight loss on the scale even tho.' you are definitely changing for the better.

Even tho.' you probably won't ever share them with anyone some selfies in your undies can be very helpful months later when you take a new set to compare.  The gradual changes are hard to notice.  

Oh also old friends you haven't seen in awhile will often give you a quick critique and ask how you are doing it.  It is a good confidence builder.

Archived