Thai Milk’s milk supply quota to schools cut 25 percent following rotten milk incident

webfact

Thai Milk’s milk supply quota to schools cut 25 percent following rotten milk incident

By Thai PBS

TSNBg3wSBdng7ijM6GwPnXDpecXZyqeseOHgDexc

The Dairy Farming Promotion Organization of Thailand has cut the quota of milk to be supplied to schools by Thai Milk dairy cooperative by 25 percent after it was discovered that about 20 of over 100,000 packs of milk supplied to 12 schools in Bangkok and peripherals were rotten.

However, all the 100,000 packs of milk were recalled and destroyed for safety sake.

DFPOT director Narongrith Wongsuwan, a member of the milk board, said Monday that the organization had contacted Nong Po cooperative in Ratchaburi to supply the 25 percent quota of milk taken away from Thai Milk dairy cooperative because of the rotten milk incident.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-milks-milk-supply-quota-schools-cut-25-percent-following-rotten-milk-incident/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-13

I open a box of eggs.  While breaking open the eggs, I find that one is rotten.  Do I throw all the eggs away?  No.  I break them individually in a bowl to make sure that was the only 'bad egg'.  20 out of 100,000 bad, so destroy the other 99,980 boxes?  Hummm.  ?

Edited by connda

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

'the large-scale addition of fluoride at more than 2% in the free milk programme for kids for decades, even though much of the world outlaws this deadly practice. '

From a letter in BKK Post.

No wonder the average IQ in Thailand is 91. 

5 hours ago, stud858 said:

What is the profit mark up on milk in Thailand?  Why so expensive?  Someone is getting very filthy rich. It's not me, so I'm upset, and I like milk so I'm upset times two.

All dairy products in Thailand are very expensive. On that subject, I've noticed that the price of a cheese I like to buy has just increased from 186 to 204 baht. Another example of the non-inflation the government claims.

First of all there is no milk in Thailand. The environment is too hot for dairy production. So all these so called dairy producers import milk powder & add water. It’s like baby formula twice the price of real milk in the west and nobody is the wiser that they have never had a real glass of milk in their life. Yes milk powder with water

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

He disclosed that the cause of the rotten milk stemmed from one of the four packaging machines was faulty as the sealing part did not work properly which might lead to leaks.

Must have been a very small machine. Only produced 20 cartons, compared to the three other bigger machines  99980 cartons.

Edit.  Perhaps a prototype?

Edited by Vacuum

1 hour ago, connda said:

I open a box of eggs.  While breaking open the eggs, I find that one is rotten.  Do I throw all the eggs away?  No.  I break them individually in a bowl to make sure that was the only 'bad egg'.  20 out of 100,000 bad, so destroy the other 99,980 boxes?  Hummm.  ?

that is your private choice, and a risk you may or may not accept.
But for a food factory production line, it cannot be determined which packs were faulty, and which boxes may contain partly spoiled products, so the entire batch gets taken back. A standard food safety procedure, 

The fault should have been caught at the factory quality control laboratory.

20 minutes ago, Manny said:

First of all there is no milk in Thailand. The environment is too hot for dairy production. So all these so called dairy producers import milk powder & add water. It’s like baby formula twice the price of real milk in the west and nobody is the wiser that they have never had a real glass of milk in their life. Yes milk powder with water

unfortunately, it seems that you are right.
Try frothing milk, so far only found one brand that does give a nice cappuccino froth.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Yeah, but. . .

Using your "egg test" for the dodgy milk would mean dispatching fleets of lorries to distribute the suspect cartons to hundreds of schools, getting thousands of students to taste the contents and relay the results to their teachers - who already spent too much time on admin and too little doing what they were trained for.

What should be done is to check WHY any schools end up with undrinkable milk. Something is the supply chain is cleary as rotten as the product. Maybe there was a clue in that recent story about eggs turning into chickens on the back of delivery lorries.

Edited by Krataiboy

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Well Mr Manny.....i thought it was only Thais that where uneducated.

My Wife's farm produce over 800 kg of milk EVERY DAY...

And yes it comes from cows.

Have a Nice Day

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Stop please, whatever you are taking stop, no milk in Thailand, what a stupid comment, just north of Khonkaen there are several dairy farms.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Stop please, whatever you are taking stop, no milk in Thailand, what a stupid comment, just north of Khonkaen there are several dairy farms.

All udderly useless farms, those.

Have you ever tried to get a cow to aim into a tetrapak?

Edited by Darcula
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stud858 said:

Adult cows don't drink beer either. Let's feed adult cows human breast milk and see how they take to it. 

Kobe cows? Beer fed beef is to yummy. Milk belongs in cheese.

Edited by DrTuner
typo

Sorry Manny , you are so far off the mark. I have been living in Muak Lek for 11 years - this is the dairy farming centre for Thailand - the industry was one of the late King's projects started in the late 60's or early 70's. The cows are all Fresians unless you are from the USA where they are called Holsteins.

Free school milk. Every few years kids get sick at a certain school, there's lots of talk and supposed actions to do better / more testing to ensure it doesn't happen again, everything goes back on auto pilot, very little better monitoring or testing. Auto pilot locked into place.

A year or two later another bad milk and kids sick  incident, same process... get the band ais out, back to auto pilot as quickly as possible.

Edited by scorecard