88 million baht worth of assets of 3 officials and accomplices to be seized over corruption

webfact

16 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

AMLO confiscates 41 assets from ministry officials

Is Alzheimer becoming epidemic? How could they forget to pay their monthly membership fee to the board members of the chamber of corruption. I hope they had at least the courtesy to pay for their annual golf club membership.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

It will be interesting to hear the hilariously creative excuses the trio will come up with. And trust me, there WILL be excuses. Because that sort of people always is innocent; or at least believe they are.

I recall the case of a prime minister's office permanent secretary about a decade ago. The twit that he apparently was, he reported several hundred million baht in cash stolen from his home while he was reportedly attending his daughter's wedding. The thieves were soon caught and described how they found the bundles of cash stashed away under beds, in closets and where not.

This triggered off an investigation how the secretary could possibly have accumulated such wealth on his comparatively small salary. First of all, he of course claimed the money was only in his house because it was intended as a dowry to be given to the newlyweds after the party. Then he said he had been working "freelance" as an architect for many years, day and night, round the clock. A clever reader reacting to the report calculated that it would've taken him around 80 years to amass that amount of money on the going rate for freelance architects at the time, but only if he had not spent a single baht of it during the entire period.

He was later found guilty and sentenced to a long prison term, which I believe he is still serving. And no, his daughter and new son-in-law were eventually NOT able to enjoy the fruits of his alleged labor as the recovered money was confiscated - or what was left of it, as the thieves had apparently been going on a spending spree immediately after the heist.

"It will be interesting to hear the hilariously creative excuses the trio will come up with. And trust me, there WILL be excuses. Because that sort of people always is innocent; or at least believe they are.'

How true, possibly including 'but my wife hasn't had a shopping trip to Hong Kong for 3 years...'

The doosy to me is when the locals protect official wrong doers 'yes the local man is very corrupt but it's OK because his wife now has a BMW'.

18 hours ago, monkfish said:

Quote from Thai PBS in February news article
"The two officials’ new posts are senior advisors to the Prime Minister and will report to Deputy Prime Minister Gen Chatchai Sarikulya."

Confirmation that "crime does pay".

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Puttipat Lertchaowasit, his deputy, Narong Kongkham, and former inspector-general Thirapong Srisukhon were found guilty of collaboration in the misappropriation of funds for the destitutes allocated to protection centres for the destitutes across the country.

Misappropriation of the funds for the destitutes........They will be reincarnated into worms their next life!

image.jpeg.1fe77bd9ec69d78ffe4c349f3afadf59.jpeg

2 minutes ago, monkfish said:

Yea senior adviser to the PM doesn't seem like punishment to me.
After they get some of those funds back it will be back to biz.

This will be a great opportunity for him to hone his public purse extraction skills from the master himself.

He also warned that any state official involved in graft would face asset seizure while those taking such ill-gotten money or assets would be liable to face charges of money-laundering, which is punishable with a maximum 10-year imprisonment for every asset transferred. The AMLO generally seizes assets temporarily during investigation for inspection, allowing suspects or their associates to provide explanations about the origins of the asset within a given period of time.

I assume, then, that they are still holding about 23 expensive watches, pending completion of an investigation into Prawit.  When can we expect the OFFICIAL result of the so-called investigation?

Nothing much will happen to these lowlife's because they are all 'connected' to start with to even be in the positions they have held.   More 'Investigations', 'Probes' and the setting up of several more 'committee's' will follow until everyone on the country is so bored it will all be whitewashed and swept away somewhere under the great carpet which blankets all the evil doing's of High So's in this country.    It will never change as long as 'the people' accept being crapped on from a great height on a daily basis.    The saddest thing of all is most of 'the people' think this type of scum are 'clever' and they want to 'aspire' to such lofty embezzlement themselves !