15 baht a month taken from bank account every month!

It seem you are being charged for the following that you subscribed for.

image.png.4ae93cb5c5df64dda06858a22e2d99d0.png

The "annual commission fee" shown seems to a standard entry they shows on your account. I get the same thing shown every month but I know it is for the alert but it comes to me by email and I only pay 10 baht a month for it. It apparently comes to me as a email since I set it up mobile banking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

You simply need to go to the branch where you opened the account... Show them the debit and say “Mai Eew”... Bring your passport and bank book and be prepared to put your signature on at least half a dozen blank contract papers totally in Thai... :coffee1:

How can a blank contract paper be totally in Thai?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Problem is that you may have accidently enrolled for this via BBL ATM. These days when place your card in the ATM, a pop up screen in Thai appears asking you to enrol in the SMS Account Alert, with the only clear English words being "PROCEED with transaction". The first time it appeared, I stopped the transaction and then asked my BBL Bank Manager if I am forced to enrol in this scheme using the ATM, and she told me that if I click proceed then I am not enrolled in this scheme.  If I chose the other menu, I would be enrolled. In any case I already have this service which I have had for years and in fact other fees using Internet banking are either free of fees or at a reduced fee of only B10. I can now pay my Citibank Credit Cards via internet banking from my BBL account for free, instead of B50/month, saving B600/year. However, for existing users, we may get charged after December 31st 2018.

SMS Account Alert

Timely notification of activity in your account. Track transfers in or out of your account (500Bt or more), cheque deposit results, and bank amendments to transactions. You will also receive a weekly account summary. Free enrollment and ready to use today!

Enroll to receive SMS Account Alerts on your mobile phone to know when transactions have been made to your account.

Enroll now at any Bangkok Bank ATM or branch or by calling Bualuang Phone.
There is a 15Bt fee per month per account with no limit on the number of SMS.

12 minutes ago, grumbleweed said:

15 baht a month?

They're screwing you over big time. I'd be in there wanting blood

Me too !  K-Bank charge me 20 bahts per month for this service. Ha Ha

• Haha 1

On 6/17/2018 at 9:40 AM, worgeordie said:

Do you have have the service that SMS 's you when money

is taken out and put into your account,that service I believe

is 15 THB p.m.

regards Worgeordie

On 6/17/2018 at 9:30 AM, simoh1490 said:

Account Inactivity fee?

Tax on interest?

Not inactivity fee for sure as I haven't been there in 9 months /  "0" account activity and the same balance is still sitting there today as the day I left. It has to be the SMS monthly service fee I said no to.

22 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

How can a blank contract paper be totally in Thai?

Well about 18 months ago I witnessed BBl in Chiang Mai telling a foreigner (who was trying to open a savings account) that all banking forms in Thailand are only available in Thai langauge because that's the law.

The bank staff just kept on insisting 'sign here' on several blank forms. The foreigner signed nothing he just walked out.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tolsti said:

I think that the SMS alert is an excellent service. When I make a withdrawal or payment it almost immediately pings and I now no longer press yes for a receipt.

In addition it helped me once when my card was cloned. I was able to immediately call the bank and have the account frozen. The fraudsters has tried a small payment first which if successful is followed by larger withdrawals until stopped or emptied. 

15thb.... 2 bottles of water. Not exactly extortionate is it?

Agreed. I am with TMB and it is 10 baht/month. Best value for money that you will get from a bank.

• Like 1

I'm in several US banks.

They charge nothing for SMS/email notifications.

Different banks offer alert messages for different things, but none of them charge in my experience.

These alerts are to the bank's benefit as well as the customer - if the bank has been hacked they are liable for the customers loss and the notification should lead to the theft being discovered sooner rather than later.

Edited by JimmyJ