Street Battle Erupts In Nakhon Pathom Over 140K Baht Haircut

webfact

Hair extensions are big business and big money. Evidently it's a real science if taken to the extreme, color matching, quality of the hair and where it came from.etc. My partner spent 10 hours in the salon and paid $180 Aud or 4320 baht.

In Beverley Hills that exorbitant price might be the norm lol but in Thailand it's a rip off...In your dreams babe? 

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Then again, some of us don't need to go to a "salon" (or barbershop) as often as we used to so maybe things are different now !

Baht 340 for a can of pledge and a further Baht 20 for a duster, head sorted for a year at least ?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Just what does that phrase mean? English isn't my first language.

Don´t worry! Not my first laguage either. If you mix that with the missing 40K and the result shown in the picture. Yeah, I guess not even english has a word fitting a fair description regarding that level of hell. :cheesy:

• Like 1

I'm happy with my 100 baht haircut and 100 baht shave, plus 20 baht tip on top of each. It's a Thai customer type shop and their customers look at me like I'm a loon on the 20 baht tips. Only one bad scene when my regular barber was tied up with a squaling (sic) brat and I was encouraged to make use of the available Thai lady. When she began shearing the side of my head despite my screams (exaggeration) of chai yen yen, and STOP, she was already 1/2 into a typical Thai man's shearing. Never again. I'll wait for my regular Thai man barber for future visits.

1 hour ago, oldrunner said:

I'm happy with my 100 baht haircut and 100 baht shave, plus 20 baht tip on top of each. It's a Thai customer type shop and their customers look at me like I'm a loon on the 20 baht tips. Only one bad scene when my regular barber was tied up with a squaling (sic) brat and I was encouraged to make use of the available Thai lady. When she began shearing the side of my head despite my screams (exaggeration) of chai yen yen, and STOP, she was already 1/2 into a typical Thai man's shearing. Never again. I'll wait for my regular Thai man barber for future visits.

Same here. My haircut Bt100. My usual barber not there and as usual I explained. With clipper action, "Mai Ao Krup. Scissor action Ao Krup". Laughter between the hair butcher and customers and away he went with the clippers. Like an Ozzy sheep shearer- I do mean shearer. Taking the advice given to British Colonial Ladies, 'When being raped, lay back and think of England.' With one side resembling Yul Brynner It was too late to protest . So I'm now in the World Cup fashion and have a haircut much the same as some of the African football teams. And old softie still gave him bt20 tip. I'm getting very benevolent in my old age.?

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, pokerface1 said:

Hair extensions are big business and big money. Evidently it's a real science if taken to the extreme, color matching, quality of the hair and where it came from.etc. My partner spent 10 hours in the salon and paid $180 Aud or 4320 baht.

In Beverley Hills that exorbitant price might be the norm lol but in Thailand it's a rip off...In your dreams babe? 

My partner's hair extends all by itself ..... at no cost.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Apparently the whole process took about 3 weeks as (supposedly) they made 24 "layers" of hair (at 4,000 baht each time)

Was she bald before the treatment? Maybe a wig would have been a better option?

Edited by Vacuum

38 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

My partner's hair extends all by itself ..... at no cost.

She should count herself lucky.

My scalp hair hasn't extended in over 30 years.  And a lot of the Thai women I see are getting pretty thin in a lot of spots.  Seems to be more prevalent in Thailand than in China, or back home.  Is that a real thing? Or am I imagining that more Thai women lose a lot of their hair?