Domestic violence in Thailand advice

bangkokcity12

Indeed why you want to stay? OK she threatened you, if you should go(family police).

There are very tiny cams, stand alone with sd card now and would suggest buying some and record the fights. SO then you will have prove and go to the police first and maybe her family !!

About cam, for instance  https://www.dhgate.com/online-shopping/tiny-surveillance-cameras-online.html

Once i also had the unbelievable experience, so know what you feel. Maybe a borderline case, saw it in family or just a mean bitch. RUN

Sounds like you are living the life of a Thai movie star! or at least that of a Thai TV soap opera, why not video it and stick it on YouTube, I am sure there will be many Thais tuning in for extra helpings of mindless screeching and bitch slapping.

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Do you ever stop to think? He has been a member less than a day. Not everyone makes five posts a day. And, why is it his post has to be fake? 

Gosh u been around here for years and u still cant filter out some fake post?

1 hour ago, johnson36 said:

A lot of them are psychotic but are not professionally diagnosed. My wife has lived in Uk with me since 2003 and was diagnosed with psycho affective disorder early on. It is bit like a cross between Bipola  and schizophrenia. She has been on medication since this time, 20mg of Aripiprazole recentley increased from 15mg due to a relapse, this tablet is an antipsychotic medication. Relapses occur when she decides she doesn't need the medication.

After living with this for nearly 15 years and learning about mental disorders I now notice that there is a big mental problem in Thailand. It is very common problem bar girls. I doub't there is much mental health care in Thailand and the medications can be expensive, easily into 100's of £'s per month.

My advice is:  if you get involved with a lady that appears to show signs of mental health problems then get out of that relationship fast and let someone else have the problem. That advice is based on my 15 years personal experience.

This link below is about my wifes diagnosis:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/schizoaffective-disorder/

Good man you at least cared for you wife. ?

I think not only ladies but men too, it can be treated in Thailand at gov hospitals but I guess most are considered normal. 

First, when you say she has connections is that coming from her mouth?  Second, my assumption she is a formal bar girl and are you the sole provider in the relationship?

If the answer is yes to number 2 then most likely in my view and opinion the connection isn't too high up in the food chain or just doesn't exist except in their head.

You must be into S&M, or you don't have much of a back bone? I'm not into beating women one bit but I've seen some women here that would drive a man to beating them. I seen women behave like that but behind the close door a Thai man would beat the shit out of her. Of course this is not what you should do at all!

Since you have a job here, I would first sit down with you boss and explain your situation and let him know your concerns and your plans. You might just want to find another job somewhere if possible, go home where you came from is best.

Then find a secure place Condo that has security and slowly go about your business at home and remove what is necessary, no clothes. You will need to leave many unimportant things behind that is will be the price one has to pay.

Since you got a job, I would get a good lawyer in Bangkok and have a restraining order place on her. Make sure you can obtain a copy of her I.D. to provide to the police although it might be a waste of time. 

The sooner you start the process and get out the better off you are before you end up stabbed!

Good luck

Edited by thailand49

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Pretty easy if you ask me,,,, Pack a bag or nothing say nothing and leave the country,,,, 

Why on earth should he leave the country?

As I see it his options are:

1) Next time she kicks off give her a big right hook, or

2) Pack her bags and tell her to f-off, or

3) Do one.

Edited by grollies
Ors
  • Like 1

Listen up!!! Get yourself to a good and honest English speaking attorney. You do not indicate where you are living with this lunatic but, find an attorney preferably in Bangkok. The attorney can file Police reports on your behalf. Keep accurate records of times and dates of the physical attacks by your GF. Once you have done that, leave this nut before she kills you. Let her go file her complaints and the Police will ask why she didn't come forward before when they happened? They will ask you the same. The fact that she delayed her complaints shows she does not have the best credibility and was only using the accusations to intimidate you. Without an attorney you will never get this straightened out. I have used a law firm in BKK for various legal things and have found them to be excellent people. The Kingdom Law Group Co.,Ltd.  Good luck.

You have also been conned by her into being scared about her calling the police.

This is just a minor domestic issue to them and they will not care. Worst result for you 500 baht fine.

I know what most people on here think of Thai men, but if a Thai man heard this story they would 

just laugh their head off at it, and say how weak all falang men must be.

You say your gf has been violent with you for 5 years. She is only your gf and I assume there are no kids, so unless you like coming home and having your gf give you a tune-up its time to move on. Ok, it may cost you a little bit of money, it may also cost you your job. But much cheaper than having her stick a knife into you.

It does not take planning, you could have moved on 5 years ago when you discovered she had a problem. Hell 5 years you could have planned a mission to Mars and been well on your way.

• Like 2

the thai have a lot of this sort of pent up anger. it is a result of them ignoring problems everywhere they go and never taking negative issue with anything. so it comes out all at once periodically in mob violence or just over the top type anger stuff which looks over done at the time.

you usually cant fix it and it does not seem to get better, esp since there is not good mental health or counseling around for the majority of people. they would also have to admit they had a problem to get help!

if you put up with it you may be able to calm her down, but eventually YOUR going to get real pissed off, lose face and she will likely walk. esp if it happens in public.

17 hours ago, bangkoken said:

Listen up!!! Get yourself to a good and honest English speaking attorney. You do not indicate where you are living with this lunatic but, find an attorney preferably in Bangkok. The attorney can file Police reports on your behalf. Keep accurate records of times and dates of the physical attacks by your GF. Once you have done that, leave this nut before she kills you. Let her go file her complaints and the Police will ask why she didn't come forward before when they happened? They will ask you the same. The fact that she delayed her complaints shows she does not have the best credibility and was only using the accusations to intimidate you. Without an attorney you will never get this straightened out. I have used a law firm in BKK for various legal things and have found them to be excellent people. The Kingdom Law Group Co.,Ltd.  Good luck.

Why should he spend money on an attorney?  She's just a girlfriend, not a wife.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 1:02 PM, marqus12 said:

Remove caffeine from her diet.
These b****s are much easier to control without caffeine.

Better to remove oxygen from them it has a longer lasting effect

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:07 PM, Dmaxdan said:

If you read it through then you will see he is being threatened with police arrest if he leaves her. That's why he is requesting advice.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

SOP is to leave at first available opportunity, change phone number, and e mail etc. Move far away, or leave country, depending.

It's not going to get better, so just leave her ASAP.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:08 PM, bangkokcity12 said:

There is no video or photo of me attacking her. 

But where does her word and my word stand? would something like this just be dismissed and ignored?

NO. You are presumably farang, she Thai. She may know someone that knows someone etc, or the cops don't like farangs etc.

It may be ignored, but do you want to take that chance? Run. In the old days, just moving was enough. I don't know how connected the police forces are now.