Korean stabs "nagging" mother in law to death in Chiang Mai

snoop1130

Korean stabs "nagging" mother in law to death in Chiang Mai

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GTL7UFLtUeiiBtXacw.jpg

Police called to a upmarket rented house on the Chiang Mai ring road yesterday found an old Korean woman dead from a knife attack.

Lying on the bed upstairs with a knife still embedded in her chest was 76 year old Jung Ja An who suffered from Alzheimer's. 

She was stabbed to death by her Korean daughter in law who was in hospital after trying to kill herself as well.

Waiting for the cops was the victim's son Brian Lee, 54, who was holding two letters. As Mr Lee could not speak Thai an interpreter from the Korean consulate was called.

The letters were written by the murderer, his wife Song Hee Park, 27. The first letter written before the murder outlined what she planned to do. The second was written after.

The wife spoke of the old woman's nagging. She also apologized to her husband and his mum for what she had done.

Following the murder a security guard came to help Park who was self harming not realizing that there was a body upstairs.

Police arrested Park at the Nakorn Ping Hospital and charged her with murder. Mr Lee is also helping the Mae Ping cops with their inquiries. 

Neighbors and security told Thai rath that the old lady came to live with the couple four months ago and there was nothing but arguments ever since as the mother in law and her son's wife did not see eye to eye.

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1313721

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-21

I have always said, it is a really good idea to get to know your woman's family early on. And make sure you like her family. Thais are close, and you are marrying into her family. I suppose this holds true anywhere in the world. 

I think if I were in this situation, I would just sent the mother home. Or warn her, and tell her to shut up and show some respect. And if my wife did not agree with that, and insisted on keeping her annoying mother around, and was unwilling to take my position, and show some sympathy to me on the issue, I would just move out. And get divorced. Life is just too short to deal with people you cannot stand, on a daily basis. Just move on. No need to kill. No need to get crazy. Just get the hell out.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I have always said, it is a really good idea to get to know your woman's family early on. And make sure you like her family. Thais are close, and you are marrying into her family. I suppose this holds true anywhere in the world. 

I think if I were in this situation, I would just sent the mother home. Or warn her, and tell her to shut up and show some respect. And if my wife did not agree with that, and insisted on keeping her annoying mother around, and was unwilling to take my position, and show some sympathy to me on the issue, I would just move out. And get divorced. Life is just too short to deal with people you cannot stand, on a daily basis. Just move on. No need to kill. No need to get crazy. Just get the hell out.

I think you are right , but family ties take precedence over marital relations .  In this case the young wife is Korean , what could she do ?  If she were Thai and it was a Thai marriage she could just leave . Returning to Korea would need money .  The son should have sent his mother home , but this is Thailand .

• Like 2

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It seems you missed a few points: there were no Thais involved, there was no farang involved, and it was the daughter in law not the daughter.