Mother cries foul after teacher humiliates son over unpaid school fee

webfact

Mother cries foul after teacher humiliates son over unpaid school fee

By The Nation

f87809e83f9faa24e9f6b3f18a6aadf9.jpeg

Photo from Red Skull Phatthalung Facebook page.

A mother has cried foul after her young son was humiliated by a teacher who put a note on his shirt that he owed Bt700 for the school fee.

The names of the mother, her son and the school are being withheld.

The mother posted a photo of her son wearing the school uniform shirt on a popular Facebook page, Red Skull Phatthalung, late on Thursday night.

She wrote in her post that the teacher used marker pen to write the note and attached it to the boy’s shirt with adhesive tape.

She said his son was teased by friends who later stopped speaking or playing with him.

The mother explained that she had divorced the father of her son, who was supposed to pay the school fee.

“The father did not take any responsibility. He just said, ‘Don’t mind the teacher,’ and that he would later pay the school fee. He has informed the teacher of the late payment. How could he call himself a father?” the mother lamented in the post.

The post drew over 10,000 reactions and over 1,300 comments within hours and has been shared more than 9,900 times.

Some posted comments said the action had caused serious emotional damage to the boy.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30348357

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-22

A really sad situation for the kid to be put in.  Whether the mother or father was supposed to pay the fee, why torment/belittle a child if it's late.  

Just another day in LOS...

• Like 2

Of course nothing will be done to this piece of garbage.  Teachers, sorry those who masquarade as educators in Thailand, are beyond reproach unless they are caught red handed stealing or shag..ing a minor.

• Like 2

Unfortunately this type of story we hear far too often of Thai Teachers doing exactly what they want with no regard to the child or parents.

MANY MANY are all too ready to strongly suggest that your child needs extra tuition with of course the required extra payments etc. which puts an awful lot of pressure on parents.

As a minimum I would require this teacher to make a public apology to the child and parent in front of the whole class and a final warning given as to this teacher’s future behavior

• Like 2

I still recall this at the age of 6...

Image result for dunces cap

My 'crime' was to put up the wrong hand to answer a question after being ordered to "Put up your right hand , thats the one that you write with!".

I'm left handed ?

• Like 1

Is anyone actually surprised?  The inappropriate actions of so many Thai teachers seems to have no bounds.   It sometimes seems like the 90% of them is giving the rest a bad name but they cant really be 90% baddees.   Gotta be some good'uns among them.   It would be nice to hear about them but it would make dull news, wouldn't it.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

A really sad situation for the kid to be put in.  Whether the mother or father was supposed to pay the fee, why torment/belittle a child if it's late.  

If they did it to my child they would regret it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the Teacher or the child 

This is between the Parents & the School administration 

You are correct...still the teachers in this country are blithering idiots

1 hour ago, CanuckThai said:

Agree, in fact it would be interesting to demand the teacher explain:

- A specific reason why she thought it was appropriate for her to be involved in any way in the the fee payment matter, and ...

- What specific purpose there is in humiliating the little boy...

- Specifically whether it would be OK if her child was humiliated in this manner for a similar situation or some other small infraction which needs to be discussed and resolved by others?

I hope the other parents will be disturbed enough by this teachers unprofessional persons actions to make a big protest. One would hope many parents would be thinking, is my child next to be humiliated by this person for some / any matter that occupies the tiny immature unprofessional unethical mind of the teacher?

Teacher should be dismissed and banned from teaching for life and fined, and shamed and made to publicly apologize to the child with big oversize photos attached to her car and house for 3 months.

• Like 2