Mother cries foul after teacher humiliates son over unpaid school fee

webfact

Just pay the 700 baht for goodness sake. 

The schools really need this money. 

Take responsibility. 

Why put the school in a position that they have to resort to drastic measures just to get their measly 700 baht term fee. 

Pay out or get out. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Take responsibility. 

Why put the school in a position that they have to resort to drastic measures just to get their measly 700 baht term fee. 

Pay out or get out. 

Perhaps the Mother hasn't got the money and the father was supposed to pay it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the Teacher or the child 

This is between the Parents & the School administration 

seems like the teacher put a sticker on the kid so it has everything to do with both the teacher and the kid. could say what should happen to the teacher but not much point as it won't. it's just wrong on every level. poor little guy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatOngo said:

.uncanny how they can always find SOMEONE to blame!

That's because there usually IS somebody to blame.....obviously, finding the right person is a given.

Edited by dotpoom
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Take responsibility. 

Pay out or get out. 

No disagreement whatever.

But why don't you comment on the teachers' action to put a written humiliating label on the little boy?

1 minute ago, BEVUP said:

& this reply is also for billd766

When I said it " has nothing to do with Teacher or kid " I was referring to the 700 bht.

So in other words what right did the Teacher have to make the kid have to go through that 

It's purely a Parent / Administrative issue

i understood what you meant mate. it's just wrong. it will continue to happen no doubt

• Like 1

Years ago I saw a similar event at a renowned school in Ban Phru. At the beginning of the term the pupils were separated in two groups. Those whose parents, who had paid the school fees for the term, had to stand on the left, and those whose parents had not paid yet had to stand on the right. This group had to applaud the group whose parents had paid. Shortly after a huge wall chart (material, I had to buy for this chart exceeded 2.000THB)  done by one of my daughters, to gain some "points", was misappropriated by the school. I took both of my young ladies out of the school, and had them go to a different one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The challenge that I see with blaming the teacher is.

A. who told her that the family owed?

B.  Who told her to collect it.

C.  Why are we not p[oissed at them for not taking the proper action?

D Did the school take the proper action and like most Thais when a loan of the fee is overdue thought to ignore it or just send it to Hubby with no follow-up.

Remember teachers unfortunately must only wai and say yes to directors and have no real control over what they can and can not do when pushed by the school.

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the Teacher or the child 

This is between the Parents & the School administration 

Rubbish! If the report is true the teacher did the humiliating.

• Like 1

Teacher faces probe for student humiliation

By The Nation

758c8fb5ddfa7341f10305ad9f369381.jpeg

A teacher who wrote on a child's shirt that he owed a school fee of Bt700 will face an investigation, the municipality's chief said on Friday.

Dr Seksan Niyompeng, mayor of Muang Phetchabun municipality, ordered the action a day after the boy's mother made a Facebook post, lamenting the humiliation.

Seksan said the school was the Thessaban 1 Ban Nai Muang School in Phetchabun's Muang district.

He said he ordered the director of education to conduct a probe before taking disciplinary action.

Seksan said the municipality would also help the boy's rehabilitation.

Seksan said the Bt700 fee was not a school fee but a charge for extra costs, including life insurance and language tuition by a foreign teacher.

The mother said her boy was traumatised after friends refused to talk to him following his "punishment".

The mother posted a photo of the shirt labelled with adhesive tape that he failed to pay the Bt700 fee.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30348376

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-22

Nothing new.  I've seen kids with large cuts in their clothing obviously done with a pair of scissors.  Teachers cut the clothing when it's not worn correctly or on the wrong day.  They also shave a chunk of hair from boys who forget to get their haircut.  A Thai friend of mine told me once that the only people who become teachers are those who can't do anything else.  That doesn't say much for the Thai education system.

• Like 1