When did a Thai give you the thumbs up and say 'verry good'

bbabythai

My FiL gave me the thumbs up on the day I married his daughter...  

Unfortunately, the message was clear as his index finger was also extended... 'Screw this up and you're toast'!!! 

Kidding of course... But I do get a regular thumbs up when we both witness something amusing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Normally the Thai females do so after sex. Happens a lot. ?

normally a thumbs up from a thai woman means she is angry at you. 

as for the OP! Did you write this to seek gratitude from fellow TV members? Seems that you are trolling for something other than your initial question. 

5 hours ago, idman said:

About an hour ago after I had the Xmax washed and detailed I pulled into a station to gas up and a Thai looked at now gorgeous my bike looked and gave me a thumbs up.  Does that qualify???

i have had it many times but only if i was driving an expensive car.

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

? Everyday with a hi and my name.

I get the thumbs up regularly on my motorbike road trips when a large group of motor cyclists either

overtake me, or are riding in the opposite side.

When there are so many riders, some with passengers, together on motorbikes up in Isaan, they are

bound to be mostly, if not all the time, Thais, but then, they won't know I'm a farang.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, seancbk said:

Almost every time I'm in a cab and talking to the driver.  I tell them I've been here 10 years and invariably I get a thumbs up and a 'Very good' 

He is probably secretly cursing you as you are not a newbie, and he cannot now take you

the long way so he can get more money from you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

When there are so many riders, some with passengers, together on motorbikes up in Isaan, they are

bound to be mostly, if not all the time, Thais, but then, they won't know I'm a farang.

I bet they do. ?

I am a regular at a food stall in Jomtien beach road market. I patronize Mr Boom

who makes pad Thai to order. I bring my reusable plastic container whenever I go. No

plastic throwaway container, no plastic utensils, no plastic bag to hold it all.

Both he and his assistant smile and both have commented, "very good" saves them

and makes me feel at least I am trying. I am happy they notice and know why I do it.

That said, it has yet to catch on.

• Like 2

I often attract attention and get "very goods"/thumbs up when I'm out and about sketching in Chiang Rai province.

A motorbike loaded with an easel and pastel colours/charcoal seems to draw a bit of curiosity from people.

After I snapped my third drill bit I exclaimed 'allai wah' and all the Thai builders gave me a thumbs-up...after they all stopped laughing.

Good on ya, OP, sometimes you have to tell your good deeds.

• Thanks 1