Sizzlers salad bar

Rc2702

They put their "special" seasoning on meat and fish, which I don't like. Santa Fe steakhouse does the same. Are they related in some way?

The salad bar does include soup, spag bol and mousse for afters.

Free top ups for cola, if the staff are paying attention.

9 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I have a lunch special fish most of the time. Their burger is good, everything else is meh. I mostly go there when they get minestrone and onion soup.

You don't rate the salad bar?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

When I used to have a main course there it was invariably also the lunchtime fish special. Previously this only represented about 10-20B extra over the price of the salad bar alone, but now that they have reduced the price of the salad bar alone and put the price of the fish up it is no longer worth having. So I just have the salad bar, which is completely unmatched anywhere in Pattaya and is excellent value.

The main courses are way overpriced to my mind, and not as good as the salad bar anyway.

I agree main course are overprice nowadays, the only redeeming factor is the salad bar. But one can only eat is so many times before you get sick of it. Its not great value anymore.

30 minutes ago, whaleboneman said:

I don't eat at Sizzler but my gf wanted to try it. She ordered a chicken breast. You could cut it with a fork. She had a bite and insisted i try it as she didn't believe it was chicken. I tried a small bite - no idea what they did to that chicken but I'm pretty sure it wasn't natural. She's never asked to go back.

You probably struggle with chicken's feet as well then ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, csabo said:

I cant believe someone who went to Sizzler actually returned a second time.

You must be the one I am scrolling through to find.

Myself and 'er indoors went earlier in the year to Sizzler in Central Plaza C/rai , oh yes lots of free salad , or so I thought . I had Mac, Cheese , anyway the bin came to over 700B , I could have 18 moodaengs for that where I eat after a bike ride out.

We haven't been back to Central since and next time there it will be McDonalds.

So, Gamini, never been sick, nor my guests (Thais, Germans, Indians, English, Scandinavians, French and more)
Besides it is clean and good enough.
Yet coming from a gastronomic country, I have a rather delicate palate.
Admittedly, it's not worth French or Southern cuisine, or homemade, but Sizzler defends himself well, both at Blueport and Market Village.
In addition Thais are happy to fill their plate, the buffet, several times.
They eat like four, without appreciating, unfortunately.

Have a nice week end

1 hour ago, gamini said:

The Salad bar is good value for money but I don't think they Wash the greens properly. We often had stomach problems after, so We don't eat there any more.

I suspect that kind of thing is likely location dependent, in terms of how the staff are handling the food at a particular location.

For me, as much as I'd like to go, when I've visited the location closest to my home, I seem to have some reaction, like allergy or chemical reaction, after eating their salad bar. Not sick, but more like feeling flushed, something off.

No way to know, but I've always suspected they're using some kind of chemical rinse or spray on the produce to keep it "fresh" while out on display all day. Or maybe it's chemical residue on the veggies themselves, of which there's no shortage in Thai produce.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, franck1972 said:

I am a meat eater, and was quite excited first time I went there.

Was quite disappointed at the end...and went out being a salad lover ?
Ok, let's be fair, the meat is good, but it's nowhere near the price they are asking for it.
For this price I expected something way better....and the waiting time ?
Well, was so hungry, I spent it at the salad bar recharging 2-3 times, wasn't hungry anymore as the steak arrived.

I always take the mains home and have salad bar for lunch

• Like 1

A friend of mine has been doing that for over 20 years. It started off with a 69 Baht tag, now it has reached 169 Baht. I am however of the opinion that sizzlers veggies are laden with pesticides, as I always feel very uncomfortable after consumption of their salads and greens.

I am however close to 100 % sure that there is no control over the use of pesticides with their suppliers. ( Roundup ? ).

( When eating greens here in Italy there are no symptoms ).

Sizzler s other options ( bread toasted with cheese ) can be missed. All other foods grilled and likewise aren't worth the money paid.

(Though Thais mostly love Sizzler and and crowd its restaurants.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, franck1972 said:

I am a meat eater, and was quite excited first time I went there.

Was quite disappointed at the end...and went out being a salad lover ?
Ok, let's be fair, the meat is good, but it's nowhere near the price they are asking for it.
For this price I expected something way better....and the waiting time ?
Well, was so hungry, I spent it at the salad bar recharging 2-3 times, wasn't hungry anymore as the steak arrived.

What is the point of buying steak or any other meat when there is no potatoes or chips?  (French Fries)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1