DPM Prawit says certain content in Time magazine factually error

webfact

DPM Prawit says certain content in Time magazine factually error

By Thai PBS

Prawit-Wongsuwan.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan on Monday denied that the government or the National Council for Peace and Order has banned the distribution and sale of Time magazine’s Asia edition for July  2 issue.

He said the magazine which features Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on the cover page and a cover story that equates General Prayut to the late Field Marshal Sarit Thanarat, a military dictator who ruled Thailand during the early 60s with an iron fist, was factually inaccurate.

He asked readers to use their judgment to decide for themselves whether to believe the content in the article or not.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dpm-prawit-says-certain-content-time-magazine-factually-error/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-26

How can readers 'judge for themselves when the magazine is unavailable?

Prawit is technically correct in that the junta didn't actually ban this edition of Time, but the distributors Asia Books and Kikonuya were simply too scared to import it.

• Like 1

"Officer, I did not kill this person. This is factually incorrect. The knife killed that person and I could say the behaviour of that person towards me made the knife move and lodge itself into her heart. She looked at me the wrong way. Yes, I was holding the knife. But, she caused it to be in my hand and we all know that my hand cannot go through her body. I would ask her to be put to death for causing me harm, but she is already dead."

Egomaniacs are, according to clinical criteria, vain, exhibitionist, exploitative, authoritarian, brag about their  abilities (which they often over-estimate), are independent (don't seek advice), and feel are entitled to all kinds of privileges. They almost never ask questions and they lie. They speak a lot and demand attention in many ways, and are almost never truly interested in someone else, unless they can get something. They are charming. They love the limelight. Ask yourself. Are you one? Are some of your friends?

When they are our leaders, we live in sick times.

Edited by JestSetter

2 hours ago, meechai said:

You have to love the question posed on the cover ?

It has been answered since 2014

hk_g1500_thaipm.jpg

Didn't he choose a looooong time ago, already?

1 hour ago, millwall_fan said:

How can readers 'judge for themselves when the magazine is unavailable?

Prawit is technically correct in that the junta didn't actually ban this edition of Time, but the distributors Asia Books and Kikonuya were simply too scared to import it.

The reason they are scared is down to one particular sentence in the article "Thailand’s Leader Promised to Restore Democracy. Instead He's Tightening His Grip".  A sentence that doesn't refer to Prayuth...

• Like 1