PM tells Thaksin, others in self-exile to return and have their day in court

snoop1130

Picture is excellent. Mr T and Mrs Y having a right good snigger about the latest Shoot My Foot statement coming out of Mr P's mouth.

"Can you believe he's just mentioned us again?"....

"You won't believe this. He's just said (fill in blank). Ha ha ha".

On a serious note - Mrs Y still looks stunning in that photo.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“Why did you care about him? You would do better caring about someone who is working for the country now,” Prayut said, without naming anyone.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

“They should come back and fight the legal cases against them. The justice system can ensure justice for them. If they believe in their innocence, they should come back,” he stressed.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Prayut, who also heads the ruling junta, the National Council for Peace and Order, added that he was not referring to anyone in particular in making these remarks.

:cheesy::cheesy:

“All groups of people have benefited,” he insisted.

Prayut added that his government’s Thai Niyom development project was aimed at poorer people. “This government is serving everyone at all economic levels. Don’t accuse us of working for the rich only,” he said.

:cheesy::cheesy:

The premier also defended his post-coup government against criticism over its handling of the country’s economy. 

He said gross domestic product had expanded continuously to a growth rate of 4.8 per cent in the first quarter of this year, compared with just 0.9 per cent before his administration came to power.

Er, I think the 0.9% might have had something to do with people not being able to get to the voting booths and a certain army general thinking the one year downtown demonstrations led by matey Suthep were doing wonders for his country...…..

• Thanks 2

Does this PM Prayut really think what he shout out to the public???

Taksin sure believe in his innocence but can you ever believe in thai justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

Never ever as the justice bends the laws to the ones who are in charge of power, or money or corruption money.

That's what thais justice is! A hord of monkeys just down from the trees!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BestB said:

is current PM ready to face independent court for an illegal coup and an over throw of elected government?

Unnecessary.

The lower court dismissed that complaint and recently the Criminal Supreme Court agreed with the lower court. The courts' reasoning was that Prayut and the entire NCPO had amnesty written into the junta's legally endorsed 2014 Interim Charter that was memorialized in the junta's legally endorsed 2017 Constitution.

As far as the term "independent court" is concerned, the junta under Article 44 in the Interim Charter has the highest judicial authority in Thailand. There is really no "independent court."

• Like 2

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday effectively told fugitive ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra to return home to fight court cases against him if he believed in his innocence.

That would be like Edward Snowden returning to court in America.  The "justice" he faced would not be in his favor I'd wager.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mainhattencitizen said:

I find it quite disturbing that the PM always talks about TS and YL but never mentions Mr. Red Bull. Is he afraid or did the Thai elite tell him to keep his mouth shut?

TS & YL may have enriched themselves at others expense (or not) but they did not directly KILL someone and flee!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deez said:

Maybe he should change the law so he can not be prosecuted like......

I think the PM has already protected himself through a S44 action, sometime ago.

I stand to be corrected.

• Like 1

A very scared little man that is doing all he can to give Thai people no choices or rights to vote in a honest non corrupt election. A savior no. Thaksin would win standing on his head.

Accept what Thais want. Not what you want lol.

Edited by Media1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

And were the law-enforcement and judicial systems in Thailand even close to being impartial and non-partisan, as they should be, I doubt either TS or YL would even be in exile now. But of course, loyalty in Thailand means loyalty to the landed gentry and their Totem.

Not wanting to start the shin-hater wars again, but if it were anyone else, there would be no argument from anyone with a brain.

If you balance up all they may be accused of... Is it any different or worse than the military contracts given to his nephews 'zero experience' building company totalling 800m I think last time I saw it.. 

The law is simply what the bangkok establishment want it to be for political leverage.. Which in turn reduces any claim to legitimacy which it should have. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Is he talking about the same justice system that has sent protestors to jail for sedition after appearances in military courts? The one that sent a young man to jail for several years for sharing an article but leaving the other 3000 alone? Suddenly they are going to show impartiality? 

Correct his digging his hole deeper it's funny 

• Like 1

Fight their legal cases in court??? 

Court judges named by Army? 

Cases based on fake news? 

A PM who was not elected? 

A General who believes to eradicate corruption? 

Who the hell would like to come back to such a country to receive illegal punishment. 

Stay outside Shinawatras and form an exile govt? 

• Like 2

Just now, Happyman58 said:

Prayut telling them to come home and they will get a fair hearing to be like telling the PM of Israel to go to and have lunch with the leader of Iran

I would trust more Iran leaders...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Perhaps all these people claiming Thaksin won't come back because he will not get a fair trial could explain to us why he did not come back under Pheu-Thai and have his day in court with his sister as PM and his UDD thugs intimidating the Judges outside the court and making death threats.

Only one reason can explain it to me. He is guilty and he knows it.

But don't let logic and reason interrupt your schoolboy bitching. The only effect you have is to confirm to Farang how far you are from a civilised democracy.

If the General wants to talk about "Justice", he would be the first to go to Court and be trialled for staging a Coup.
A deed which draws automatic the death sentence by the firing squad.

But lucky for him, he made a new law that makes him invulnerable for all the violations of the law by this General and his croonies.
And this law can only be upheld as long as he or the military stays in power.

• Like 2