Internet Down?

rcm

I am experiencing very poor speeds to US etc..

totster :D

Yes, i just tried open some more US sites and one of them opened but only half and then timed out...lucky the TV server isn't there but in Sgp :o

rcm

I hav had the problem for almost 3 days here in Pattaya, Naklua area,,,,,,,,,,,,,my Hutch Aircard works fine to the US,,,,,,,,,,any good ideas if its TOT or the ongoing cable thing?

I can go anywhere on the www. Gotta be your ISP :o

PS. I'm in Naklua not far from Tesco, Pattaya Nua & Pattaya 3rd Road

AND...... TOT STRIKE AGAIN!!!

Yes its true ! US websites not working so well as others that on/off/on/off...

At the other hand when I connect to the TT&T line.. MAGIC!!! works smooth .

(that doesnt say nothing about tt&t as they have their surprises in seperate..hehe)

:o

(that doesnt say nothing about tt&t as they have their surprises in seperate..hehe)

A few hours later now and TOT works again , including US Websites.... :D

I hope it stays.....

rcm

A few hours later now and TOT works again , including US Websites.... :D

I hope it stays.....

rcm

for me it was never NOT working, just bloody slow !

totster :D

While trying to retrieve the URL:

http://www.google.com/

An internal error occured

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated [02/Feb/2007:15:55:53 +0700]by Application and Content Networking System Software 5.2.9

I had the same error when trying to get to www.hotmail.com however I tried www.hotmail.co.th and connected with no problems.

Try the same with google www.google.co.th

totster :o

I hav had the problem for almost 3 days here in Pattaya, Naklua area,,,,,,,,,,,,,my Hutch Aircard works fine to the US,,,,,,,,,,any good ideas if its TOT or the ongoing cable thing?

You just answered your own question :o

If Hutch's working fine, and TOT is not, the problem is on TOT's side rather than Thailand/the cables under Taiwan.

I am using TOT and noticed that the DNS service is not working for me at all, so I am using, once again, OpenDNS for now. Works much better, see www.opendns.org to change your settings.

OpenDNS DNS servers are here:

I will switch back to TOT DNS as soon as it's working well again but in the meantime, OpenDNS is a good alternative.

Not entirely TOT's fault. The problem has started since the earthquake has damaged cables.

I use Firefox and often get a SERVER NOT FOUND message with websites outside the country, GMAIL as well, even Google search page. I can usually open these same sites if I click TRY AGAIN. If not I also click quickly 4 or 5 times on TRY AGAIN and it seems to work most times.

:D

Well its been a few days since I have read the last post here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,my TOT ADSL here in Pattaya had connection issues late last week and over the weekend but then I went to the TOT office and asked the nice folks to check my line and connection.

I was off line for a day or two but yesterday and this morning all is well again,,,,,,,I only have a 256/128 line bu it seems OK again,,,,,,,,,,,,,I don't know if they reset a server or if it's majic in the air,,,,,,,,,,,but I can hit any site again.

:D