Briton, 60, found with drugs dies fleeing police in Udon Thani

webfact

Cannot understand why people end up trading in this sordid business no doubt this was his way of supporting himself and his Thai wife . RIP to the fella at least he won’t have to spend years banged up in a Thai prison with 50+ others banged up in the same room. ?

• Like 1

How to call someone aside, some of the comments about this incident border on the ridiculous and insane and very very childish. A man for reasons known only to himself, peddled drugs, he ran rather than brazen it out and has paid the ultimate price. 

A sad ending and I am sure many on here will wish him RIP , but secretly glad that another Foreigner has bitten the dust as he was a bad chap . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Khun Paul said:

How to call someone aside, some of the comments about this incident border on the ridiculous and insane and very very childish. A man for reasons known only to himself, peddled drugs, he ran rather than brazen it out and has paid the ultimate price. 

A sad ending and I am sure many on here will wish him RIP , but secretly glad that another Foreigner has bitten the dust as he was a bad chap . 

Respect, Khun Paul! 

1 hour ago, Johnniey said:

I knew this man. 

What the hell has it got to do with you?

Do you even live in Isarn?

Lawn bowling is great at the RBSC.

It is posted in a public forum, so I made a comment on it.  If you don't like it, just move on.  Take your own advice.  Remember when you said not to waste time here?  You still don't see the irony right?  

Just now, Johnniey said:

Respect, Khun Paul! 

I have zero respect for drug dealers-either in my homeland or in Thailand.

My condolences go to the wife and child-hopefully the wife was not part of any of this.

Otherwise I see only  decayed moral boundaries and the usual  intellectualizing and excuses-and I have heard them all before.

2 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I think a Pol Lt Col was in a patrol car because someone dropped the dime on the dealer. I've never seen a Thai 'patrolling' a moo baan, let alone one with a high ranking officer on board.

Agreed.

Lad probably had a dime dropped on him for selling the harder stuff. When your pushing that stuff you really are nothing but scum. If this was just a bit of puff I could feel sorry for the chap but the meth and coke are evil drugs to push.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Laza 45 said:

Another candidate for the Darwin awards.. .. ferang selling drugs in Thailand!  <deleted>... 

Not really, you need to die before reproducing for a Darwin award.

At age 60 he would be well past his award entry date.

I personally see nothing wrong with drug users, and enjoy them when in a country less strict.

In Thailand only alcohol for me, just not worth the risk.

Sad that people feel the need to call others 'losers', sad that other posters 'like' such comments.

Can't see many of us in Thailand as 'winners' in the game of life.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maradona 10 said:

So why is the term 'in my opinion' used the world over if it is never required?  At least you admit that some will certainly disagree with you.

..i thought ..'in my opinion' was exclusive to experts in their field, who can back up their statements with conclusive evidence.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Drug addiction starts as a choice fully knowing the possible outcomes - don’t insult people who are fighting real disease!

But the biggest addiction problem world wide is that of prescribed opioids such as Tramadol and Fentanyl. All supplied by lazy doctors happy to accept gifts from the pharma companies for shifting them. Now, how do the addicted patients stand in your world? And should the doctors or the pharma companies be dealt with as suppliers?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Not really, you need to die before reproducing for a Darwin award.

At age 60 he would be well past his award entry date.

I personally see nothing wrong with drug users, and enjoy them when in a country less strict.

In Thailand only alcohol for me, just not worth the risk.

Sad that people feel the need to call others 'losers', sad that other posters 'like' such comments.

Can't see many of us in Thailand as 'winners' in the game of life.

..If you do drugs in a country where it is legal or the penalty is light.. for selling or taking.. go for it.. but coming to a country like Thailand where the penalties are  harsh .. jail time in a crowded prison where you do not speak the language.. hot.. humid.. stinking.. sharing a cell with between 20 and 40 other prisoners..shit food served up.. guards who do not speak your language and don't care..  a judicial system that is corrupt and little chance of getting out unless you have a lot of $$.. anyone would have to be really stupid to get involved with drug selling here! Losers only apply.. 

2 minutes ago, imaderbyfan said:

Perhaps we should curb our witty rapport due to the nature of this thread.....

anyways.......As a Brit I have thick skin.....Take care....

Agreed.  And further, let's consider the possibility that our rapport is not witty at all and give everyone a break!  There's people trying to mourn the passing of a great man here.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Tchooptip said:

"Even sadder that it has cost him his life." said someone

it's certainly not me who will shed a tear when a gangster died stupidly ... 

...because when someone has so many narcotic products in his own car it's not for his personal consumption so he is a gangster nothing else! :coffee1:

I am certainly not a member of the hang them, brigade,  but rather more often in the attempt of understanding!

However, when I see this picture of what he had in his car I have a hard time going in that direction.
Some members say they knew him and that he was a good person, I do not doubt their word, but not sure that this is still the case ... and all the better if I'm wrong

n6.jpeg.3b8717c7302dff826d1af539fb48a664.jpeg

1 minute ago, Tchooptip said:

I am certainly not a member of the hang them, brigade,  but rather more often in the attempt of understanding!

However, when I see this picture of what he had in his car I have a hard time going in that direction.
Some members say they knew him and that he was a good person, I do not doubt their word, but not sure that this is still the case ... and all the better if I'm wrong

n6.jpeg.3b8717c7302dff826d1af539fb48a664.jpeg

Maybe a 'good person'.. but not very smart.. 

David John Sewell ? Are you sure ? 
If you bother to read the whole thread you can learn he was born in Scotland and moved to Iceland at young age. I also mentioned his facebook page.

Maybe time for mod to close this thread .

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I'm sorry, but I cannot go along with this, I have already expressed my views, but if he was dealing, it is people like him who are responsible for people who become addicted, and as I have said if there were no dealers, there would be no addicts.

I would agree with the last sentence, condolences to his wife and kid.

I think you have it backwards...if there were no addicts there wouldn't be dealers.

5 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

I think you have it backwards...if there were no addicts there wouldn't be dealers.

But dealers make the addicts, they try and encourage people to take drugs and become addicted, that's how they make their money.

Or maybe I watch too much police shows on Netflix.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

But dealers make the addicts, they try and encourage people to take drugs and become addicted, that's how they make their money.

The demand always comes before supply.

People don't look and see people dealing and say to themselves, " I should be a drug addict."

Just because they make their money that way doesn't mean they started the demand.

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Drug addiction starts as a choice fully knowing the possible outcomes - don’t insult people who are fighting real disease!

Are you talking from experience?

Please tell me what a real disease is.

Addiction is a disease.

https://www.centeronaddiction.org/what-addiction/addiction-disease

People with addiction should not be blamed for suffering from the disease. All people make choices about whether to use substances. However, people do not choose how their brain and body respond to drugs and alcohol, which is why people with addiction cannot control their use while others can. People with addiction can still stop using – it’s just much harder than it is for someone who has not become addicted.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

The demand always comes before supply.

People don't look and see people dealing and say to themselves, " I should be a drug addict."

Just because they make their money that way doesn't mean they started the demand.

I suppose it happens both ways, but IMO, the dealers are much more to blame than the addicts.

55 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Put all the sugar execs in jail then. They planned the deaths of hundreds of millions.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4