All Aussie Related Stuff (excluding the old age pension)

2 hours ago, kevvy said:

i am not was going back, I have  in 10 million baht into a home knowing I will not go back .I have a beautiful wife and good life here , go back to the nanny state, where you just work to keep alive ..? I go back each year for a month on holidays that keep me going .. I am 65 and I am settled here ????The only thing I find hard to accept here is the regulations with visa based on retirement . I have a separate account for the 800,000 as alot of people do . I still that is wrong , but this is there law and you have to accept it.

I hear you, but I never say never.

The majority of my funds 90% are invested in Oz (tax free), excluding bank deposits, e.g. (10% withholding tax). I also have a beautiful wife and a good life here, but tomorrow things could go south, so one has to have a plan B, and in my opinion, if you have all your eggs in one basket, whether that be invested all of your eggs here or funds/assets accessible by the wife, then you might be in for a fall, I see it all the time where the majority of farangs live in la-la-la land thinking love has to do with sharing your financial wealth and this is where it all goes pear shape when the sheeet hits the fan.

I met a nice bloke the other day, and he is planning his retirement here soon, currently completing his two storey home on the girlfriends land, cost just over 4 mil, maybe he can afford to lose that, I don't know, but why would you go to so much trouble when there is only two people, I mean who needs 4-5 bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms and everything top notch in the bush away about an hour out of the main city ?

Renting a nice place would have been a far cheaper option by the seaside in my opinion, but each to their own I suppose.

4 years here now and starting to get a little annoyed over the build up of things over the years, as they say, once you sleep with her, you get to see another side to her, fortunately for me this is not the case with the wife, but we have seriously been looking at returning back to Oz, simply just on the weather front of things, no smoke burns for two months, village rubbish burns because of no garbage collection, blackouts, $ going down down down, cost of living here going up up up, although still cheaper than Oz, private hospital insurance a MUST vs free Medicare back in Oz. 

I will do the calculations later to see what the difference will be living in Oz Vs living here, taking everything into consideration and to be honest if its 50% more to live in Oz, I will probably make the call because like I said, with the $ going down down down and cost of living here adding private hospital insurance, as I said is a MUST for me and the family, the constant smoke burning of rice fields, rubbish in the village, blackouts, corruption, 90 day reporting, annual extensions, you kind of think to yourself if it's really worth it while you sweat away with this humidity, yes I am having a moment ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

I hear you, but I never say never.

The majority of my funds 90% are invested in Oz (tax free), excluding bank deposits, e.g. (10% withholding tax). I also have a beautiful wife and a good life here, but tomorrow things could go south, so one has to have a plan B, and in my opinion, if you have all your eggs in one basket, whether that be invested all of your eggs here or funds/assets accessible by the wife, then you might be in for a fall, I see it all the time where the majority of farangs live in la-la-la land thinking love has to do with sharing your financial wealth and this is where it all goes pear shape when the sheeet hits the fan.

I met a nice bloke the other day, and he is planning his retirement here soon, currently completing his two storey home on the girlfriends land, cost just over 4 mil, maybe he can afford to lose that, I don't know, but why would you go to so much trouble when there is only two people, I mean who needs 4-5 bedrooms, 3-4 bathrooms and everything top notch in the bush away about an hour out of the main city ?

Renting a nice place would have been a far cheaper option by the seaside in my opinion, but each to their own I suppose.

4 years here now and starting to get a little annoyed over the build up of things over the years, as they say, once you sleep with her, you get to see another side to her, fortunately for me this is not the case with the wife, but we have seriously been looking at returning back to Oz, simply just on the weather front of things, no smoke burns for two months, village rubbish burns because of no garbage collection, blackouts, $ going down down down, cost of living here going up up up, although still cheaper than Oz, private hospital insurance a MUST vs free Medicare back in Oz. 

I will do the calculations later to see what the difference will be living in Oz Vs living here, taking everything into consideration and to be honest if its 50% more to live in Oz, I will probably make the call because like I said, with the $ going down down down and cost of living here adding private hospital insurance, as I said is a MUST for me and the family, the constant smoke burning of rice fields, rubbish in the village, blackouts, corruption, 90 day reporting, annual extensions, you kind of think to yourself if it's really worth it while you sweat away with this humidity, yes I am having a moment ????

Yes, it is worth it ..Dont get me wrong , the wife and I have talked about it , but after weighting everything up  we are better off here . I could not have built a 38 home village in Australia like we done here . Thailand has been good to us, I do understand your feeling . The humidity does not worry us as we just turn on air cons. We dont go out much. I love cooking and cook everyday , I do paintings , build models , gardening, etc etc .. I am in my later years so I am happy . Cheers

I lived in Eltham when I was in Aus ..(melb)  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, kevvy said:

Yes, it is worth it ..Dont get me wrong , the wife and I have talked about it , but after weighting everything up  we are better off here . I could not have built a 38 home village in Australia like we done here . Thailand has been good to us, I do understand your feeling . The humidity does not worry us as we just turn on air cons. We dont go out much. I love cooking and cook everyday , I do paintings , build models , gardening, etc etc .. I am in my later years so I am happy . Cheers

I lived in Eltham when I was in Aus ..(melb)  

38 home village, sounds nice.

Don't get me wrong, Thailand has been good to us as well, we live a good life here, but having to stand on my head when I got here wasn't hard as everything is so different to Sydney where you can't relax when driving a car for example, here, no cops within coo-ee and you can drive at 30-50km over the speed limit (sensibly) on a straight road without side streets and not have an issue, no click clicks or radars, etc, etc and if you ever do get a ticket, it's laughable and no point system (yet), the cops will even take half the fine and put it in their pocket if you try them.

Getting a builder to do some work around the house is cheap as was the build, e.g. 320m2 single level 6 bedroom, 3 bathroom house for around 2 million baht, that's about $300AUD per m2, x that x 10 back in Sydney as a minimum and your talking around a mil AUD.

I suppose it's the bush mentality and lack of, or should I say no law enforcement that gets to me when it comes to burning of rice crops, sugar cane etc etc, you just can't breath until the air clears around 10.00am each morning, me being used to opening up the house at 6.00am.

Thought of moving to Hua Hin or Phuket but then that would be like almost moving back to Sydney when you factor in food costs and accommodation at those places, as pretty as they are, the other alternative is to go away 3 months of the year when the school holidays come around as we have kids ranging from 5 to 15 in age, so it would have to be October, then March and April to escape the hot season. We have 7 air conditioning units and scores of fans, we slept with the air cons last night and the night before, as cool as they keep us at 26 degrees, it does affect us, dry throat, eyes, and sometime headaches, you can feel the difference bodywise when it comes to you feeling a little hot on your skin when you turn them off, so not wanting live with air conditioners on overnight, especially in this humid climate, as we usually have them on for half an hour to an hour, then turn the off and then the fan does the rest for the night.

I can't say it doesn't affect me as much as I try to let things go, e.g. park your car bike wherever you want, corner, middle of the road, motorbikes up the inside, outside, underside, over the top ????

Roads in the villages with major potholes taking forever to get repaired, the education from the bottom to the top, the lack of it replaced by smiles, but hey they are a peaceful race if not provoked, and are content with what they have/know, whether and all as opposed to the nanny state back home.

Just at the crossroads at the moment, but after our trip in October it will tell us what we want to do, because I know each year when we land and take the rental car and start driving, we both look at each other and say W T F are we doing here, and after a week, can't wait to get back via a week in good old Phuket where everyone is waiting to take your left finger ????

It will sort itself eventually, but seriously can't see us moving back there as we love the lifestyle here and the house which we could not have back in Sydney unless we lived in the outer suburbs like the central coast and my retirement nest egg would have to pay for it, with me probably having to go back to work which ain't going to happen, besides, the women are pretty and easier here than back in Oz, with no baggage.  

• Like 1

I live in Chiang Rai , about 20klm from the city below the mountains . It is peaceful here in my home . Sure I agree with you on everything you say . But , I am just to old now to sell and buildd a new home in Aus. But new car , furniture etc ..And I have to think of my wife ..She will have to sell up again when I die .And start again in Thailand .We built this home as our dream home , and built it in the Australian style (no internal concrete beams) we have a truss roof system

kevvy . 

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

At a bit of a sticks end here.

I promoted to my father to come and live with us in his elderly years so he would feel comfortable and looked after.

He is on an o-a visa for 12 months,just arrived.

The dielemma starts with i find out now that he can't open a bank account until he is issued a yellow book after 6-12 months living here which takes away his independence until then and making him not trust the system.

My question is,does the australian embassy make these things clear when the elderly apply for such visa's?

He brought with him a bank cheque for quite a considerable amount to set up his lifestyle here that he can't use and will have to return to his account and go down the path of 220 baht surcharges every atm transaction,hoping his card doesn't fail.

Immigration won't verify a certificate of residence,amphur won't give yellow book till 6-12 months 

Been to 3 banks and been declined.

Any help appreciated,i have been here 15 years but always use the non-o marriage and leave for a day every 3 months so this is all new to me.  

7 hours ago, farmerjo said:

does the australian embassy make these things clear when the elderly apply for such visa's?

Why would the Australian Embassy have anything to do with such a matter? Or do you mean the Thai Embassy in Australia? If so, why would they? It's a rule that any particular branch of any particular bank will enforce (or not). I opened a new bank account a couple of months ago in Bangkok and all they wanted to see was a visa sticker. I was hugely entertained that the sticker they chose to lavish such care and attention on was in fact expired and the permission to stay hadn't been extended, but there you are. Certainly no Yellow Book was sought

11 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would keep trying banks if it is bank cheque for a considerable amount, someone will eventually provide him with a bank account, maybe out of town ?

Will head to Khon Kaen city next week and try again.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Here's a thought, just out of interest for any Ozzies with kids contemplating on returning to Oz in the near future, as I came across this Centrelink link at the very bottom of my post and I nearly fell off me chair.

I have never been on any welfare payments for the simple reason that I earned too much before my retirement 4 years ago, that said, when I met my Mrs, she had twin boys 3 years of age, now 15 years of age, plus we have two girls from our marriage of 12 years, e.g. 5 & 10, so I put in all this information on the Centrelink link and what did I get.

Well stone the crows as the saying goes, if I returned to Oz with the Mrs and the kids, her boys as well, as they are dependents, so that's 4 kids, the government will give us $30,000 per annum which includes rental assistance, that's 630,000 baht a year for doing nothing, and you can have assets worth between $575,000 and $1,160,000.

I put in an estimated income on a part time basis of $20,000 and the above assets and rent would be about $650 per week, so it spat out $30,000 per annum, not bad if you really need to go back, all you would have to do is fork out is the difference between the rent and what they would be giving you, i.e. $73 per week on the rent, that's 1,533 baht per week plus all the other costs like electricity, water, food fuel etc etc as you have here.

Medicare would be free and I personally would save about $5,500 a year on private hospital cover for me and the family, so that would cover the rental shortfall of $73 easily.

This has got me thinking because the LOS has started to lose it's appeal since the Junta took over and we all know, they are still at the helm, Oz $ going to shiiiit, cost of living rising here etc etc.

I think one seriously has to look at plan B seriously, although no solid decision to be made yet, just thinking out a loud.

When you click on the link, hit the payment tab once your in the link and start filling in the questions, it's good to know you have a fall back position, and my $30,000 didn't even include any NewStart payments, although I don't think I would be entitled to that and or it would be too much hassle.

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_pfe/pymtfinderest/paymentFinderEstimatorPage.jsf?prg_id=32b6b14afb624bad93a64d5639f7d023&wec-appid=pymtfinderest&page=3D604D74BFC548B3BF39C5A6DD54A328&wec-locale=en_US#stay

I am regularly telling people to go back now as with certain benefits, it is cheaper. I am going to apply for my wife to do PR at the end of this year. I have plugged in my figures and I am losing money staying here. I would do the application for PR now but they look at the application much more favorablely after being married for three years. We will be married for three years in November. Thanks for the link. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, totally thaied up said:

I am regularly telling people to go back now as with certain benefits, it is cheaper. I am going to apply for my wife to do PR at the end of this year. I have plugged in my figures and I am losing money staying here. I would do the application for PR now but they look at the application much more favorablely after being married for three years. We will be married for three years in November. Thanks for the link. 

Good luck with the the PR it was a breeze all those years ago, wife was on a tourist visa, we asked for an extension, they said no, lucky I got a good bloke on the other end who said, if you dig the girl, marry her and apply for a spouse visa and we will give you a bridging visa until approved, the rest is history, then when the 3 years were up she got her PR, then waited another 2 for citizenship, now I believe its 4 plus 4 ?

Don't get me wrong, I moved here because it was cheaper, but not today with the cost of living going up and the Oz $ going down, it's like 35,000 baht down each time I change 20k Oz, and you can survive on 35,000 baht a month, almost with 4 kids excluding insurances and school fees. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Don't get me wrong, I moved here because it was cheaper, but not today with the cost of living going up and the Oz $ going down, it's like 35,000 baht down each time I change 20k Oz, and you can survive on 35,000 baht a month, almost with 4 kids excluding insurances and school fees

I can relate.

I am down 12,000 baht a month. My health insurance bill next year will be AUD$2,800 and you can never be certain for total coverage. The cost for things has increased here. I still get gouged farang prices at or local markets if I go myself. Always second guessing if I don't have the wife around and my Thai is just enough to make sense of things. With you having school fees and insurances, it would be too much for me.

We pay AUD$3200 for rates a year in Oz. Another AUD$1200 for house insurance and AUD$400 for my car. Apart from that I have no other bills (apart power, water, internet) and I would with these additional costs on everything else, be well ahead with benefits.

No after lopping off 12,000 baht a month and health insurance, Australia is now cheaper in many ways. Problem is I have a Thai wife, she has a house and rice fields and even though on paper we could sell it all off for a tidy amount, getting someone to buy it is the hardest point of the lot even at fire sale pricing which we would not do. So yes, it is a hard question of what to do when deep down inside you know the answer.   

• Like 1
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:29 PM, totally thaied up said:

Unless there has been a change, this is news to me.

• Like 1
On 7/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, totally thaied up said:

We pay AUD$3200 for rates a year in Oz. Another AUD$1200 for house insurance and AUD$400 for my car.

I think the first 2 are on the money but for my car sitting in the garage costs way more than $400. I've just paid this so fresh in my mind ????

Rego:         $372.63

CTP:          $424.36

Insurance: $669.27

Service:     $451.19

$1,917.45 total for a 2015 Golf.

That $451.19 service was from a local garage as I was sick of the crap service at VW for $200 extra. From now on the local guy gets my dollars.

Also, my insurance is fairly cheap (comparison site). Average might be about $850 for my age/no accidents/fines etc.

This doesn't include NSW licence fee ($188/5 years) or road service (don't pay) tolls or fuel or cleaning ????

Edited by BaanOz
  • Thanks 1
On 7/26/2019 at 11:21 AM, Will27 said:

Unless there has been a change, this is news to me.

I think that unless you have 4 kids, ages ranging from 5 to 15 as I do, anyone returning would be worse off moving back to Oz from the point of view of living standards, i.e. unless they have a property paid off, or a place to stay rent free as the rent is the biggest outlay.

If you have 4 kids under 15 as I do, it's pretty much an invitation to return, i.e. the $30,000 that Centrelink would give me per year would go to rent, the private health insurance of $6,000 roughly that I pay here for the family would go towards electricity/water/car rego/green slip/ insurance/maintenance, as Medicare is free, after that one would just have to pay for food and other things as we do here, which is probably double in terms of $'s.

The above said: once the twins turn 19 in 4 years time, the $30,000 would reduce to around a 1/3rd or $10,000, then I would have to wait another 4 year to apply for the OAP so would it be feasible for me to stay in Oz for another 4 years before it can be made portable, well the maths once again tells me that it would take 4 years for me to re-coupe that outlay from the $20,000 shortfall from Centrelink going towards rent that I would be paying out of my pocket, and I would be 71, so how much fuel would be left in the tank after that, assuming I was lucky enough to live to 71 ????

Another thought is that the twins pay me $10,000 rent per year each as I would be covering everything else, fair is fair, hmmm, I think I might be onto something here ????

I think that unless you have 4 kids, ages ranging from 5 to 15 as I do, anyone returning would be worse off moving back to Oz from the point of view of living standards, i.e. unless they have a property paid off, or a place to stay rent free as the rent is the biggest outlay

Too true mate. Today’s Sydney Tele:

IMG_5274.PNG
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Nemises said:

Too true mate. Today’s Sydney Tele:

IMG_5274.PNG

Is that 20% of their gross income, suffice to say the % of their income would be much higher if it was net.

I just did some quick calculations on the $575 per week rent that I was talking about or $30,000 per annum that Centrelink would give me with 4 kids that I could put towards the rent.

Now I would have to earn $156,000 gross for me to be be paying 20% of my gross salary and we know in Australia, you just don't earn that kind of crust unless you are one of the lucky ones, I was at $120,000 as a salary earner working my ringer off, plus another $50,000 on the side via a company structure that I had, so you could say I was doing two jobs and working 14-16 hour days 6 days a week, sometimes 7, but the average worker according the the Bureau of Statistics makes $78,000 per annum, which I think is still higher than the norm IMO.

The above said once you take tax out the gross 1st figure of $156,000 and the Medicare levy, the % climbs to about 28% so it would be interesting to know if they are using the gross or net figures, because the reality of it, is NET.

If your a one person income earner of $78,000 per annum, it works out to 46.55% net of that person's salary with the Medicare levy also taken out, now this could be a bloke who works while the wife stays home and looks after the 4 kids, God help the poor bastard. 

So you need to be a dual income family/couple on the average wage of $78,000 per annum (each) to even contemplate on going forward if you have 4 kids. 

The above said, if you earned $156,000, paid your tax, Medicare levy and rent, you would be down to $77,664, now I reckon if your going to eat, you will need $500 a week or $26,000 per annum, so your left with $51,664, your both going to need a car to run to work and the kids to school, so lets say $5,664 a year for insurances, rego, green slips and maintenance, so your down to $46,000, now lets take out electricity and water bills, mobiles, internet etc etc another $6,000 and we are at $40,000 left from the original $156,000 gross salary.

$40,000 left, now what have I left out, a family overseas holiday to say Thailand for a couple of weeks, well you could kiss $10,000 doing it on the cheap, so were down to $30,000, not bad, i.e. about 20% left for all of your hard working hours for the year, but the wife and kids are fed, have a roof over their heads, have a car to take you to work/station, the kids to and from school and an annual holiday, 20% and you ask why I retired at 55, well if I worked another 10 years, I could probably retire with $200,000 more, or be dead, but 10 years of scratching my left and right ones in Thailand without rushing is precious to me ????  

Edit: Oh and as for any support from Medicare....lol, once you surpass the threshold your toast, i.e. you earn to much, we can't afford to give you anything as we need to give to the ones that don't work (work for cash under the table and have 6 kids).....sucker ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
20 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think that unless you have 4 kids, ages ranging from 5 to 15 as I do, anyone returning would be worse off moving back to Oz from the point of view of living standards, i.e. unless they have a property paid off, or a place to stay rent free as the rent is the biggest outlay.

If you have 4 kids under 15 as I do, it's pretty much an invitation to return, i.e. the $30,000 that Centrelink would give me per year would go to rent, the private health insurance of $6,000 roughly that I pay here for the family would go towards electricity/water/car rego/green slip/ insurance/maintenance, as Medicare is free, after that one would just have to pay for food and other things as we do here, which is probably double in terms of $'s.

The above said: once the twins turn 19 in 4 years time, the $30,000 would reduce to around a 1/3rd or $10,000, then I would have to wait another 4 year to apply for the OAP so would it be feasible for me to stay in Oz for another 4 years before it can be made portable, well the maths once again tells me that it would take 4 years for me to re-coupe that outlay from the $20,000 shortfall from Centrelink going towards rent that I would be paying out of my pocket, and I would be 71, so how much fuel would be left in the tank after that, assuming I was lucky enough to live to 71 ????

Another thought is that the twins pay me $10,000 rent per year each as I would be covering everything else, fair is fair, hmmm, I think I might be onto something here ????

That's all well and good, but I was only commenting on a spouse visa.

I enjoy your work though:smile:

5 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I enjoy your work though:smile:

Especially in the context of his proud boast on several occasions that he had become a non-resident for tax purposes and how much better off he was as a consequence. I wonder where all the money has gone

Edited by ThaiBunny
33 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Especially in the context of his proud boast on several occasions that he had become a non-resident for tax purposes and how much better off he was as a consequence. I wonder where all the money has gone

I don't make the rules up, I am a non resident because the government has it's legislation.

The fact of the matter is, it has worked to my advantage, i.e. the property market sheeet itself after I sold, so I am better off $150k and I still have my money invested in the ASX and the banks.

What is your problem, do I detect Jealousy, come on now, your bigger than that, or maybe not.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

Nope, just intrigued to see that you're now espousing the benefits of bludging off the taxpayer

Well, I'm glad you cleared up that your not a jealous guy.

Like I said before, I don't make up the legislation, although I can appreciate your beeechiness assuming that I would "espouse the benefits of bludging off the taxpayer" as you say.

Let's clear up something, shall we, I have worked since I was 14, and have paid taxes from 16 years of age up to the last financial year (excluding 2019 as I haven't lodged yet), even though I am retired, I still do some consultancy work for established clients back in Oz and or the people that they refer to me, I don't won't the work, I don't need the money, but I take it to pay for my thirst (beer money), and keeps me abreast of what's happening back in that market.

What do I get for taking it on, well the government gets 32.5% straight off the cuff as I am a non resident, no threshold for me, "thanks for coming" and yes I suppose you could say well your stupid enough to declare that you receive an income from Australia, but let's just say I sleep well at night. I see it as going into the system which I still use when I return, e.g. Medicare up to 5 years before it gets caned and PBS drugs, as I am entitled to use the system as a non resident from my interpretation of the legislation, and the fact that I still pay tax removes any guilt, although what I claim is nowhere near what I pay in tax.

It was the government that said, you go to Thailand, you will become a non resident, hard to argue that you are still a resident when you have kids that go to school in another country, I crossed my T's, I dotted my eyes and I looked for alternatives, the ATO and my accountant both told me that I would be a non resident, so I was "forced" to sell up as I call it, or pay them 32.5% of the rent with no tax threshold, and no capital gains tax threshold, usually (50%), so why would I want to hold onto the property as I would be at a loss after you take further costs into account, suffice to say they made the legislation that said if you invest in the ASX as a non resident and buy and sell shares that pay the tax from their fully franked dividends, you won't have to pay tax and there will be no capital gains tax payable, what would you do, hold the property, I don't think so, i.e. unless you think you can still claim your residency, no doubt you will tell me you can, kids remember ????

Fact of the matter is, it's a fair trade off in my eyes, although not without risk, you see, the 1st thing I was taught in real estate was, the word "real" is just that, not something that is there one minute and then disappears the next, although both have their risks.

Now as for "espouse the benefits of bludging off the taxpayer" as you say, why not, I have paid taxes for 39 years, not only income tax, but capital gains tax 4 times if not more from memory and if the legislation says I am entitled to benefits if I return, why not, my choice, not yours.

Do you think that I am not sick to death of the scum that sponges off of the system, the taxes that I paid and the tax that I still pay, you can thank the government for that, it is what it is, now if they say if you come home, we will provide you with family A & B plus rental assistance up to $30,000 per annum, do you think I would be stupid enough to say no thanks when I am entitled to it, or put my hand out for the OAP, if I am entitled to it.

Think again mate, if others walk through that door without contributing to the system and others sponge off the system and rip off the system, I can walk through that door (legally) and also say in broken English Australia she is a beautiful the lucky country, kissing my hand.

Fact, $30,000 for me to go back per annum, still doesn't pull me, although it's nice to know that if I ever did pack up shop, there would be something for me when I go back, how to keep the kids from growing older so the benefits are still there, is something I will have to work on.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

luxury Mustang driven up electricity pole in Melbourne

WATCH the Video in the Link above!

Luxury Mustang driven up Melbourne power pole

PerthNow
September 23, 2019 1:33PM

The working week started in the worst possible fashion for one motorist in Melbourne after their car mounted a power pole, leaving the nose of the vehicle pointing to the sky.

The female driver lost control of her brand new Mustang in Kew just before 7.30am, colliding with a support cable.

The car remained there for three hours, hanging from the thin wire which was partly embedded in the belly of the luxury vehicle.

• WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE

The female driver was uninjured. Fire fighters helped remove her from her car and she returned home.

“(The car) could have gone up and flipped over and landed on the roof,” spokesman Mick Childs said.

“She could have been trapped inside so it could have been a lot worse.

“She was a little bit upset but otherwise she was good, probably more upset at causing a bit of damage to the new Mustang.”

Emergency crews are attempting to remove a Ford Mustang stuck to a power pole in Kew.Emergency crews are attempting to remove a Ford Mustang stuck to a power pole in Kew.Picture: Jake Nowakowski

1569209935509_GQF2DVJ17.1-1.jpeg.jpg?imwidth=668&impolicy=pn_v3Picture: News Corp Australia

Police blocked traffic so fire fighters could secure the car before it was towed from the scene.

The collision occurred outside a service station. No fuel lines were disrupted and the road was soon flowing again soon after.

The support cable didn’t require repairs.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

Texting?  Or makeup ??

let's leave it up to her, as she's next going to have to explain to the cops, and her boss! - it's a work car...

First suggestion was wet and windy roads 555 

But really it is not as interesting as to Why she did it but How? - as the next video stream just concentrates on the unedited motions...

mustang driven up a pole  

Funnily Mustangs worldwide are very popular breeds for bending or cutting in half!