Timing of team’s discovery in cave was matter of luck: NYT

webfact

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

About 65,599,997 British people had nothing to do with what the three divers did in a cave in Thailand. Never understood how people who happen to have same passport feel entitled to claim some piece of achievements of others. Nationalism sucks.

Because everyone knows that the British are genetically predisposed to excel at cave diving and should  be  proud.:tongue:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Because everyone knows that the British are genetically predisposed to excel at cave diving and should  be  proud.:tongue:

Would that be because of a lingering cave man gene? I know living on an isolated island tends to preserve the DNA of obsolete species.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Puritan said:

Nothing wrong with pride, I don't see it as gloating. I had said the same to my wife, also that  it would be British divers who would find them, there's no one better that the British cave rescuers.

No argument, but sometimes not saying anything goes a long way. Eg: you have an argument with the Mrs over who lost the keys, 2 days later after changing all the locks she finds them in her bag. When she tells you, you just smile and walk away.. Some things are better left unsaid, everyone knows..

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Would that be because of a lingering cave man gene? I know living on an isolated island tends to preserve the DNA of obsolete species.

I am sure the cavemen gene is more widely dispersed the the british isles. Though not from an isle,I know I posses more than my fare share , and judging from your avatar I would suspect you do too. LOL

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Not the answer, as we spent many long years doing our best to spread quality DNA amongst all comers all over the world

Apart from some of us who were a bit more picky 

10 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

This search was a team effort and it is not just about what country was the first into the area where the boys were found. The way that a lot of you a carrying on anyone would think that the Thai's just sat on their asses while waiting for 5 days for these 3 Brits to arrive. The only reason that these 3 Brits were called on was because of their knowledge of this particular cave. The Brits would not have reached those boys if it was not for an international teams effort. I say congratulations to ALL the countries and ALL the teams that were involved.

You must be an American?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

This search was a team effort and it is not just about what country was the first into the area where the boys were found. The way that a lot of you a carrying on anyone would think that the Thai's just sat on their asses while waiting for 5 days for these 3 Brits to arrive. The only reason that these 3 Brits were called on was because of their knowledge of this particular cave. The Brits would not have reached those boys if it was not for an international teams effort. I say congratulations to ALL the countries and ALL the teams that were involved.

Try reading a few more POSTS, its already been said and made quite clear on TVF

via many POSTS and members that this was clearly a international effort 

The number of different nationals involved is quite heart warming and thats what

has got us here

The problem here is some anti feeling for a particular nationality and of course people such as you who cant be bothered to keep up with whats already been posted

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

You should learn to read. Look at my avatar and it will tell you where I am from. Like I said it was not just a 2 man UK team there, the team included Thai's as well so they also deserve the same praise as the Brits.

I sense a tone of animosity..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

That's not a fact, they did not do it on their own, they are just a small part of a big rescue team of equally proficient divers.

If the others had been equally proficient then the best cave rescuers in world wouldn't have to travel half way across the world to show the others how it's done. Doh. No one said they did it on their own anyway. Think you have an appropriate name.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, johnnyonesock said:

exactly..their job was to be at the front exploring unknown territory to find the boys because they have 50 years of cave diving and rescue experience...these guys have balls of steel...the rest of the team were the backup especially the other divers who had to transport dozens of air tanks to strategic locations in the cave via the rope line that the two Brits had laid...Hurrah for the Brits and Boo to the posters trying to minimise their skill and courage

100% with you there johnny, hope you find the other sock...lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

No, not animosty. I believe in giving credit where credit is due and the credit for this is due to all those that participated not just the Brits or the Thais or the Americans but to everyone of them for a job well done.

As I have already pointed out to you, you are not alone 

I hope this is not going to take any longer than is really necessary