Video: Brazen armed robbery of Loei student by four men on bikes

webfact

Video: Brazen armed robbery of Loei student by four men on bikes

561000006859601.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Footage from downtown Loei in Thailand's north east showed a college student robbed by four men on two bikes.

Chollada Janthanam, 17, told Manager that she was going back to her college lodgings after dinner with friends.

The second year student said that when she reached the T-junction by the Laeng Market she was surrounded by the men.

One hit her on the head, punched her in the mouth and kicked her in the waist. Another tried to fire a gun many times but it jammed.

She was robbed of a phone and 800 baht.

Police are hunting those responsible.

Manager called the robbery brazen as there were many other people about at the time of the attack about 9pm on Sunday.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-04

Four men hunting in a pack were required to overpower a 17 year old girl.   If the proceeds of the robbery are distributed equally, that's 200 baht cash each, plus they all get to share the phone.   Who said that crime doesn't pay??!!

If/when the gentlemen are arrested, an obligatory 'wai' for the victim in front of the waiting media will surely be proof of their sincere remorse.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

What has become of this country?

A granddaughter is a student in Loei.

Sadly, there are criminals like this everywhere. Always have been. Always will be. 

Luckily the gun jammed. I hope all 4 of them are caught and jailed for attempted murder. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

What has become of this country?

A granddaughter is a student in Loei.

Hmm,..I think it's the same as before. The internet gives people instant access on events that would have no coverage at all outside that particular community !

1 hour ago, off road pat said:

Hmm,..I think it's the same as before. The internet gives people instant access on events that would have no coverage at all outside that particular community !

Violent crime has always been commonplace in Thailand but I think this sort of crime has increased, partly because of the internet exposure.  For the youth it is almost  the same as a training manual highlighting how easy it is.