Rescue Diver Killed In Tham Luang Cave Complex

webfact

20 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Some of the parents have said the coach did not take them into the cave. The parents found out from one of the boys friends who decided not to enter the cave. The parents called the coach and he went looking for them.

The signs outside the cave said no entry from July to November, they boys entered the cave in June, so they did not break any rules. The parents have also said to the media that the coach is a hero in their eyes. 

I think it’s best to wait till everyone is safe. Then we can find out the correct stories before jumping to conclusions. 

quote "Then we can find out the correct stories before jumping to conclusions."

Jumping to conclusions is what many posters seem to have done on this thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DukSiam1 said:

I feel that video is a set-up.  Where is the cameraman?

probably just put the camera in a crevice,
one of those modern boxes where one pushes the on button and that keeps on recording.

• Like 2

but why did they let go the real experts?

but then it's only a 15 or so hour flight to bring them back

how long do they have. before the season turns around enough, for the usual 100% saturation??

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:
This clip is doing the rounds on facebook, shows just how tight it is in sections.

I’m feeling claustophobic just looking at the video. The diver in this video has visibility, I can’t even imagine doing it in zero visibility. These divers are real heros and must poses nerves of steel. 

R.I.P to the hero who has just give his life to save these boys. 

• Thanks 1

No mention about cause of death only that he fell unconscious? Was he breathing oxygen? Did his Navy seal training include cave and sump diving? What are the odds of them getting a child out safely if one of their own got whacked delivering oxygen? 

• Sad 2

Just now, elektrified said:

You are the most negative voice in all these threads about the incident. Shut up!

agree with you, let's keep the atmosphere positive, and if possible constructive.
Some kings of the bleeming obvious better not share their most interesting thoughts since someone invented sliced bread.

• Like 2

So sad but please celibate this hero’s bravery and sacerfice a true hero a fine example of humanity my heart reaches out to his loved ones I will hold his example close to my heart

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

You are the most negative voice in all these threads about the incident. Shut up!

Trust me, I am hardly "negative".  But I am a realist.  Blame it on being a U.S. Marine for 20 years of you want.  Personally I don't care.  I can look at a situation and see both the positive and negative aspects of it.  

The Positive - They found the kids and coach.
The Negative - How the hell do they get them all out safely? 

If a trained Navy SEAL diver died during this ordeal, do you honestly believe that all the boys and teacher will simply sail though without a problem?
I don't want to see the loss of another life, but I have to accept the possibility that it could happen.
My glasses aren't rose tinted.  

Edited by Just1Voice

Rescue Diver Killed ......No he was not killed...he died..Their is a difference Thai  Visa.

And he was a volunteer. 38 yrs old...too old for this......Again Thai Visa he was not killed by anybody....He simply died a Hero in my eyes...Gave his life for those Kids...And the Kids be younger and will be much worst off if leave them there, they are finding that out now, low oxygen levels and rain to come can flood area were they are at...I see that coming....Have no other choice but get out now....

Edited by yrag
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I really wonder what is the cause of the death of this brave man?

long dives, I mean many hours requires a lot of precaution, so what was the quality of the air in his bottle?  Because the compressor compresses, and that means everything, for it was made at the entrance of the cave, could there be any toxic fumes in this air?  breathing it one hour or five hours would make all the difference because feeling like going to faint while diving is  not advisable, just a modest opinion...of someone who made his first dive in the late sixties and his last dive in 2011 it's just a little over forty years for hearing all kinds of problems.

I am really really sorry for this courageous but unfortunate young man, who should never have had this accident surrounded by so many as he was.

If low oxygen is an issue, could they not pump oxygen into the location with a long enough cable pumping oxygen? Not sure how they could remove toxic gases though, unless they could try to suck the air back out, enabling air exchange.

11 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

long dives, I mean many hours requires a lot of precaution, so what was the quality of the air in his bottle?  Because the compressor compresses, and that means everything, for it was made at the entrance of the cave, could there be any toxic fumes in this air?  breathing it one hour or five hours would make all the difference because feeling like going to faint while diving is  not advisable, just a modest opinion...of someone who made his first dive in the late sixties and his last dive in 2011 it's just a little over forty years for hearing all kinds of problems.

I am really really sorry for this courageous but unfortunate young man, who should never have had this accident surrounded by so many as he was.

He not die diving, he was handling oxygen tanks, exhaustion and probably had a underlying health issue ,

Edited by yrag

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:
This clip is doing the rounds on facebook, shows just how tight it is in sections.

I find it hard to believe that there was no water in those tight, low sections when they went in, then suddenly there was.  But maybe it didn't take much initially to block the return, then it kept on coming. 

1 minute ago, tifino said:

so maybe he was an 'ex' navy seal, because of 'related' medical reasons? 

and for that he shouldn't have even been there ...

Yes i read he was x navy seal and was a volunteer only.....Handling Oxygen Tanks

1 minute ago, yrag said:

Yes i read he was x navy seal and was a volunteer only.....Handling Oxygen Tanks

yes, but he was still diving along with the healthy divers

13 minutes ago, Tchooptip said:

He not die diving, he was handling oxygen tanks, exhaustion and probably had a underlying health issue 

21 minutes ago, yrag said:

He not die diving, he was handling oxygen tanks, exhaustion and probably had a underlying health issue 

all this confusion;

coming from Topics being labelled, such as 'Rescue Diver Killed in Tham Luang Cave Complex

• Like 1

Whatever we think about the training and qualifications of the "Seals" they have got HUGE balls doing what they are doing and my respect goes out to them and all involved in this rescue situation. Anyone that can strap on an air cylinder and make their way through that sort of place is amazing, you would not get me in there for all the gold in the world, bad luck for the guy that died. It just surprises me that there is only one dead after all of this. That school coach has some answering to do - Probably won't have to do it in this world, hope he believes in Karma as he is due a massive dose!

• Sad 1

one article said he was a former Thai navy diver.  No doubt good intentioned but unless one is recently experienced and at the top of their game, well....  There doesn't seem to be a deep water issue there.  No buddy system diving? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

one article said he was a former Thai navy diver.  No doubt good intentioned but unless one is recently experienced and at the top of their game, well....  There doesn't seem to be a deep water issue there.  No buddy system diving? 

Yes, he had a buddy.  Most of the new items mention this.

• Thanks 1