Pattaya plans 30 ‘proper’ bus stops on Beach, 2nd roads

Rimmer

Pattaya plans 30 ‘proper’ bus stops on Beach, 2nd roads

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya plans to build more bus stops on Beach and Second roads in another attempt to bring order to baht bus chaos.

Public works chief Anuwat Thongkham said June 23 that Pattaya currently has more than 100 stops that are painted on the road, but most lack seating. As a result, people tend to just flag down a baht bus wherever they want.

He said Pattaya wants its bus stops to match those in the west, so it will spend more money to install proper stops with shelters and seats, first along Beach and Second roads. Thirty are planned for those two streets and 200 citywide, eventually.

Anuwat said the city is seeking contractors with a decision expected this month.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-07-06

how will they prevent the motorcyclists from parking in these spaces?  Motorcycle riders will think the red space is made especially for them

Presumably a clamp and a ticket. I don't see any bikes in the existing bus stops.

One of the reasons the system currently doesn't work is there just isn't enough bus stops on beach road plus buses constantly beep at you anywhere

So remember give big fine to the mafia their rent bike out because they will just continue to park their business there and ofcores all the selfish Thai people will also continue to park their car's there 

it will never work because of police corruption 

Instead you need fix the taxi meter mafia so it will be more nice to take a taxi 

But Pattaya is and will always be Pattaya 100% corrupt and dirty 

• Like 1

You have too educate the passengers as well, they ring the bell and will assume the driver will stop like they have always done.

You could remove the internal Bell Pushes then the driver just stops at every stop.

4 hours ago, crazygreg44 said:

how will they prevent the motorcyclists from parking in these spaces?  Motorcycle riders will think the red space is made especially for them

Only motorcyclists????????????

7 minutes ago, jamie2009 said:

You have too educate the passengers as well, they ring the bell and will assume the driver will stop like they have always done.

You could remove the internal Bell Pushes then the driver just stops at every stop.

Yes, but that's not a big problem if the stops are close enough to each other. During the brief time drivers were following the stop system, someone might ring the bell after a stop and understandably become very agitated about how far the driver went before stopping. Obviously most of the riders are tourists but they can learn a stop system after a ride or two. 

Personally I like the anarchy system but in theory a stop system could work, but skepticism is always the smartest reaction to any such proposed change. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Is this really necessary? Probably someone's uncle construction company needs some work...
Better invest the money in some proper busses. Except Bangkok, and there are also really old busses, no other city has a functional bus network.

Oh yes I forgot. It's the songteaw mafia involved...

• Like 1

At the moment the "bus stops" that were painted on have mostly worn away and are quite faint. 

You barely notice them. 

"bus" is a term usually associated with big 30 or 40 seater vehicles. Not modified utes. So that combined with no signage of routes or costs and your average tourist that has just arrived has no way of knowing. 

If they were to google a picture of a bus stop and compare it to their red patch on the ground, they might notice a lot of differences. 

No enforcement of routes

No info. 

No way to know if they are on a route or looking for gullible indians or chinese. 

Its not rocket science is it. 

If you get the chance to walk/go down Thrappaya Road from around the entrance to View Talay 1 to the Traffic lights at the start of Jomtien 2nd road you will see where they put numerous bus stop signs some barely 30 mtrs apart....then only bothered to put about 6 more on a 3km stretch to a road that actually goes nowhere....unless you are prepared to do 2km U turns.......From the Rompho bars to Jomtien Soi 5 or 7 is one example, 20 mtrs as the crow flies but if you are in a car....!!!!

I think this is called urban planning Thai style.

• Like 2

Being able to get on or off where ever a passenger wants to is one of the best things about the baht bus system..I for one hope the "bus stops" continue to be ignored by the baht busses...they could be used as taxi (with meters used ) ranks and/or by a "proper" air conditioned bus (40 + seaters) system which has been tried a couple of times and failed already partly due to cost ,too infrequent and partly due to hindrance from incumbents.

So Taxis with meters that are used...and baht busses as they are + motorcycle taxis as they are = very cheap and convenient transportation for Pattaya city.

• Like 1

About one year ago they made a big announcement that they were going to put bus stops in then....Now one year later no bus stops and another big announcement they are going to putting in bus stops....lol......

Besides the fact bus stops will not be used.....Has any one taken a look at the narrow already blocked by many things sidewalks?

On 7/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, Rimmer said:

Pattaya plans to build more bus stops on Beach and Second roads in another attempt to bring order to baht bus chaos.

Soon all main roads in Pattaya will be one long red stretch of bus stops, thereby removing virtually all of the already very limited parking space available now, and the songteaw drivers will still manage to stop outside these designated spaces.

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

About one year ago they made a big announcement that they were going to put bus stops in then....Now one year later no bus stops and another big announcement they are going to putting in bus stops

Maybe you are colour blind, but I see many of those red coloured bus stops all around town..........I only never have seen them be used for the purpose they were build.

3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Maybe you are colour blind, but I see many of those red coloured bus stops all around town..........I only never have seen them be used for the purpose they were build.

I ment covered bus stops with seating.....They made a big production about building them a year ago and then did nothing.

On 7/7/2018 at 7:34 AM, essox essox said:

they built bus stops on second road in Jomtien with seats and a roof NO BUSES GO DOWN SECOND ROAD !!!!

And those bus stops even have bus number on them!!!

They must have been installed as a set for an episode of The Twilight Zone.

On 7/7/2018 at 9:34 AM, essox essox said:

they built bus stops on second road in Jomtien with seats and a roof NO BUSES GO DOWN SECOND ROAD !!!!

Not true , they are parked all night and part of the day,  all along Second road Jomtien,  but they are not for us, :bah:

They are just using Jomtiem Second road as a free parking lot now. :bah:

Edited by stanleycoin

9 hours ago, Basil B said:

Bus shelters...

Not a good idea, sorry to say, too many British Yobbo's around. :sad:

Though there again they would probably get justice Thai style... and I would not feel sorry for them :whistling: 

Nah,   your out of date.

It's Middle Eastern and Russian yobbo's now days. :smile: