Video: Elon Musk is INSIDE Tham Luang cave testing rescue sub

webfact

Late but still possible to use the mini submarine if circumstances change, though not necessarily to bring any of the remaining boys and their coach out !  There is still an enormous amount of equipment that will need to be retrieved.

• Thanks 2

I have no particular opinion on Elon Musk, but think he should be given the benefit of the doubt. He was in China a day or two ago, so thought he would come down to Thailand while he was relatively nearby.

• Like 1

If self promotion would help save lives you can do all he self promotion you want. Not saying that they will use this to save lives but that is not my point. It isn't necessary to be selfless in order to do good.

3 hours ago, Topdoc said:

Surely it would be unwise to change the rescue strategy now.

Unless a significant change in the condition of healt, weather and/or other that may make it useable. So anyway it can be good as a back-up solution there or on another location in the future. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chivo said:

Musk started working on one possible solution when there was no clear one. The dive team acted faster than many of us thought. But what if they hadn’t? 

+1

As I recall, they were in the process of shipping 4 months' worth of food to the kids when Musk's plan was hatched.  Even he conceded that it was a backup plan.

Besides, the guy sold a ton of plane tickets to Thailand and lots of hotel rooms with his simple "Thailand is so beautiful" remark at the end of his tweet.  Even if the device isn't used, just the publicity is helping Thai tourism.

• Like 2

Elon musk,sounds like some sort of vapour that comes off a camels nuts.famous for inventing the biggest pressurised dildo in the world.i know he tried to help but it was a little bit too late and would only of complicated matters.anyway respect to him for giving up his time and trying to help.now all he needs to do is get that name sorted out.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, bubba said:

It was designed, built, tested and delivered to Chiang Rai in less than four days.

"Media whore"?

No press conference, no interviews, no news release, no press informed of his arrival and the only photo we have of him in Thailand is the one posted here of the back of his head. 

For a media whore, he really isn't getting much bang for his bucks.

he has 22 million twitter followers + all the other media that picks it up........including TV

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

One account I read said it is not flexible enough to use for this. The narrowest spaces are only 38 cm and sharply angled.

Thai Navy might find some future use for it though.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just read the same on the Swiss BLICK tabloid. According to them,  Mr. Narongsak Osottanakorn was the one who said  that it is unfit for the job. 

6b88a1e8-7364-498b-82e8-bc5500d540d8_800.jpg

10 minutes ago, Calvinx said:

Hehehehe, thats a hoot, Elon Musk is NOT an American, he is a South African Immigrant who lives in America........

In 2002, he became an American citizen.  So he's an American. 

That's the beauty of the USA.  It's a melting pot.  We even welcome billionaires with funky names.

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

For all the haters. Elon Musk does not need any publicity stunts, he is at the global cutting edge of space exploration with tech way beyond what NASA or the Chinese have delivered. I imagine his team have designed and codged together this submarine in the last week or so from scratch, hence the delayed arrival. As one member put it, he is the closest thing to Tony Stark we have. His intervention should be celebrated, he is busy trying to get mankind to colonize space and he came himself. There are others who have not taken the time to visit.

Bullsh*t, he's a showman, a marketeer, a used car salesman.

Tony Stark lolz, grow up. Have you read how he treats unions and workers? 

Most of his achievements are vaporware. 

Showing up here is simply VILE and totally inappropriate.

This Tweet sums it up best:

"Elon Musk is making a big show of reaching for his wallet after the bill has been paid."

Edited by Bangkok Ape
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, pegman said:

What if one of those remaining kids becomes incapacitated? What then smart guy? How long would this project have taken to produce? Days or a week, not hours. Plus fly it over personally all at his own expense. At the risk of sounding Trump like I'll just say, "Great Canadian guy, EH!".

Born and bred in South Africa actually.

• Like 1