Video: Elon Musk is INSIDE Tham Luang cave testing rescue sub

webfact

3 hours ago, pedro01 said:

Pure self-promotion.

If it wasn't - he wouldn't be patting himself on the back on twitter every time he sneezes here.

I disagree, I don't see much grandstanding. He was invited here to help. He's already sent an open top Tesla Roadster to Mars so I don't think he needs to show off over this incident.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

What a bunch of haters. 

Yes I hate cynical,self promotion and opportunism on the back of other people's suffering. I have enormous respect for the real rescue teams and the children. Musk was just there to promote his corporate image.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tropo said:

Where's your brain? They discovered the children on Monday, July 2. It should be very obvious to anyone with a brain that you need time to build new inventions like this mini-sub. At the time construction started there was no firm plan for how the children were going to be extracted.

he could have remained silent like the divers but oh no!......he is grabbing all the media attention he can as usual.

Edited by lionsincity

4 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I disagree, I don't see much grandstanding. He was invited here to help. He's already sent an open top Tesla Roadster to Mars so I don't think he needs to show off over this incident.

He needs constant media attention

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

The media attention is extremely limited but deserved as it's quite an investment. For all the hatred on here directed toward Elon Musk, why don't you start an Elon Musk hate thread and spare us all the whining. 

No it's not limited........it's massive exposure for that conjob........why don't you start a Elon Musk worship thread?.........

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The man is at least trying to help, what has been your contribution towards getting the boys out?

If I had billions of dollars, infinite time and a private jet I wouldn't be showing up 2/3s of the way into the rescue to self-promote. I'd have funded the rescue such is my love for Thailand and Thai people.

Come on now buddy, if you want to circlejerk I suggest use https://www.reddit.com/r/elonmusk/, they have plenty of Musk fanbois on there.

Most of us on here weren't born yesterday and can see this showman for exactly what he is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Ape said:

Bullsh*t, he's a showman, a marketeer, a used car salesman.

Tony Stark lolz, grow up. Have you read how he treats unions and workers? 

Most of his achievements are vaporware. 

Showing up here is simply VILE and totally inappropriate.

This Tweet sums it up best:

"Elon Musk is making a big show of reaching for his wallet after the bill has been paid."

Tesla is one of the biggest stock shares that are being shorted at the moment.in other words the markets are betting on the shares falling.great battery tech stuck in a skoda or Czechoslovakian tin can as I used to call them.now the jaguar E-pace is in another class.most car companies now have this battery technology and have a long history of building great cars and I'm afraid to say tesla should of teamed up with one of them instead of trying to go it alone.another de lorean if you ask me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lionsincity said:

No it's not limited........it's massive exposure for that conjob........why don't you start a Elon Musk worship thread?.........

This thread is sufficient to praise his contributions, but haters with a problem should go elsewhere. Nearly half the posts here are people like you whining about Elon Musk. Some of you seem very distressed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

This thread is sufficient to praise his contributions, but haters with a problem should go elsewhere. Nearly half the posts here are people like you whining about Elon Musk. Some of you seem very distressed.

if you can't see through his media charade......gullibility is one of your weaknesses

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lionsincity said:

if you can't see through his media charade......gullibility is one of your weaknesses

Emotional distress over Elon Musk is a serious issue you need to address.

• Like 2

Oh yes, well known rescue diver Elon Musk!

And that attitude is why you're a nobody and EM is famous ==> because he thinks out of the box.

Interestingly, both he and I have worked on satellite/rocket system designs, (nothing to do with cave rescues of course).

The proposal design that I created and sent details of to the cave rescue team early last week was similar to EM's design, except that my design was constructed out of very thick neoprene rubber, so that it was flexible, (so a bit like a big, bendy pencil case).

I know little about cave diving.  Nor does EM I imagine.  But we are both aerospace engineers and we came up with similar concepts for a rescue 'pod'.

Edited by simon43
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Musk is to be congratulated here, if very heavy monsoon rains started this morning and lasted for a week all the flooding would return with fast moving water inside the caves.

With luck the good weather will hold and everyone will be out today. This device appears to have been designed for use if the floods return.

They got a lucky break with the weather.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bubba said:

It was designed, built, tested and delivered to Chiang Rai in less than four days.

"Media whore"?

No press conference, no interviews, no news release, no press informed of his arrival and the only photo we have of him in Thailand is the one posted here of the back of his head. 

For a media whore, he really isn't getting much bang for his bucks.

The saddest thing is they didn't reach out to someone of his caliber in the opening days when we needed pumps that still haven't arrived, air lines that were never installed. Similar to Hurricane Katrina when FEMA was tripping over itself until they brought in Gen. Honore to bring coordinated leadership to bear.

The diving aspect has saved the day and hopefully the boys will be out in a few hours.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, connda said:

Doubt if we'll see this fiasco at Tham Luang again.

I would have to agree with that, somehow I don't think cave diving is going to gain popularity among the masses after this is operation is over - completed successfully! ? 

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

musk has the appropriate engineers even if he is not an expert in cave rescue or scuba.

suspect the cynics - haters are the usual expat overachievers with chips on their shoulders

and they came up with their cunning plan, within the similar timeframes to NASA and their Apollo 13

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAZZDOG said:

The saddest thing is they didn't reach out to someone of his caliber in the opening days when we needed pumps that still haven't arrived, air lines that were never installed. Similar to Hurricane Katrina when FEMA was tripping over itself until they brought in Gen. Honore to bring coordinated leadership to bear.

The diving aspect has saved the day and hopefully the boys will be out in a few hours.

Yes they reached out to professionals in caving and evacuation and consequently the rescue will hopefully be completed today.  The water level remains low despite the rain and as far as we know they are not starved of oxygen. Its a stupid argument but why the hell would the reach out to Elon Musk? Why not Jack Ma? Why not Bill Gates? Why not Jeff Bezos? I will tell you why, because they have zero experience in this type of situation and they required the best of the best to sought the situation out, which is nearly completed by them.

As Musk has said himself, and reiterated by the person i charge of the evacuation, whilst sophisticated the mini sub is completely impractical for this type of rescue, which should be pretty clear to see from anyone who has been following the footage and news reports.  I am sure as hell Elon Musk knew it was not practical and completely unusable. He would probably have a fit if they actually said they would try to use it!

• Like 2