Heroes one and all: Thai media hails seven British divers key in cave rescue

snoop1130

10 hours ago, happy chappie said:

The invite as it's been reported was more of a plea for help.lets not try and play it down and try to save face.as for accepting help,I don't think there was much choice.if the Thai seals were capable of doing the rescue do you think they would of pleaded for international help? As for the guvonor coordinating,youve got to be joking.

Here we are, post 13 and the first of the sh1tty posts arrives. You really must be a bitter and sad little person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, anto said:

I was loosing hope in humanity with the evil of politicians around the World who are like pigs at the trough .This has restored my belief in Human goodness  at the basic level .Most Politicians remain evil forces in my opinion ,who have sold their soul for money.

Agreed. The truth is that good and evil have always been and will always be both deeply rooted in human nature and they define each other. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nong38 said:

I think its a British trait to help people who are in trouble but its rarely mentioned, part of our make up.

That trait was well concealed for much of their history especially in this part of the world.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisinth said:

Doubt there is any chance of any of them making it to Russia giving the timeline. Statements from the hospital suggest they will be there for a week undergoing tests.

What I would love to see would be FIFA to allow a live transmission on their big screens in the stadium before kick-off of them all (the wild boars) getting ready to watch the match on their own big screen and transmitting a message of thanks. Them watching us watching them sort of thing.

This story really has gripped the world, and the above, at least technically  anyway, should be very doable.

Man Utd invited them to old Trafford next season as soon as the last one popped out yesterday ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Happy enough said:

although seemingly unlikely, i really do wish they were able to get the all clear from the hospital to go to the final, would be a perfect ending (well sort of ending) to what must have been a very traumatic few weeks for the team

Yes it woukd be fantastic but it will be too soon. Also one boy has no Nationality so no ID of the kind to get him a passport. Lets hope this is sorted asap.

3 minutes ago, Juan B Tong said:

Time for a big feed, then a piss-up and a punch up!

Well we have to release our emotions some time! at least we don't wear our heart on our sleeves like the Americans and at least 'excerise' the emotions out after a bigfeed! ? note: the piss up is to 'drown' the sorrows!

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic effort by all the people involved in the rescue.The courage of the boys themselves,and the Thai navy man that perished,R.I.P. While all the international media focused on the cave rescue and wonderfull outcome,but at the other end of the country let’s not forget about the 40 or So Chinese that drowned when the ferry sank,after being warned not to go out to sea.RIP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Being from humble backgrounds though, they might want to just be themselves and play football on the local park and not think about any of it, ever again. I wouldn't want to pay that price for being a celebrity.

? yes, from the pictures I have seen of them, they seem to be " natural and simple " and I hope their life at home will not change and that they don't become " celebrities " invited everywhere by the medias to be shown like curious animals 

• Like 1