Praises pour in over the successful Tham Luang rescue operation

webfact

Praises pour in over the successful rescue operation

By Thai PBS

Messages of congratulations and praises have poured in from government leaders around the world over the success of the rescue operation to bring the 12 Wild Boars footballers and their coach out of the flooded cave and for all who contributed to  the success of the operation.

US President Donald Trump tweeted the following message:  “On behalf of the United States, congratulations to the Thai Navy SEAL and all on the successful rescue of the 12 boys and their coach from the treacherous cave in Thailand.  Such a beautiful moment – all freed, great job.

S__9675025.jpg

Screenshot-2018-07-10-20.38.45-e15312962

British Prime Minister Teresa May said in her message that she was delighted with the successful rescue of the 13 in Thailand, adding that the whole world watched the operation and appreciated the bravery of all involved.

2018-07-11_15-05-53.jpg

Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien-loong said he was glad and relieved that the 13 survivors were safely brought out of the cave. This operation, he said, showed the strength of the human souls and it is inspiring that humans of all nations can work together and be successful.

He also wished that all the 13 survivors would be rehabilitated and expressed his condolence for the former SEAL member Samarn Kunan who died while taking part in the rescue operation.

Billionaire industrialist Elon Musk said in his post it was very good news that all the boys were safely rescued.  He also congratulated all the rescuers for their outstanding job.

S__9675022.jpg

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/praises-pour-successful-rescue-operation/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-07-11

Seems that all the threads I was posting on have been closed, so I'll have to use this one.

I for one, am happy to have been proven wrong about the boys panicking in the tunnels. I have my thoughts about that, but I doubt we'll ever know for sure.

This event will have written the rule book for future cave rescues, as it is the first ever.

Respect to the divers and everyone that went down into those flooded caves, thanks for all those that helped, even if was just cooking food.

Let's not forget those still there cleaning up the site, and removing equipment from the caves. The crowd may have left, but some still have to work there.

I'd like to believe that it won't turn into a circus now, but I guess I'll be sadly disappointed on that. Hollywood is apparently already sniffing around on a sure fire money maker. Wonder if Brad Pitt will play the first diver to find them? Leo probably telling his agent to get him a part. Wonder how they are going to get a kick ass female into the cast. :biggrin:

Football legends praise rescue ‘heroes'

afbc96a2da751581bd71b1ba53bc5d4a.png

File photo : Jose Mourinho//Manchester United's website

“The heroes are there, not at the World Cup – the kids, the divers and everyone involved in the rescue. For me, the World Cup comes second.” Mourinho

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has extended his congratulations to the 13 Mu Pa Academy football club members after they were rescued from a Chiang Rai cave on Tuesday.

Mourinho told Russian broadcaster RT that he was amazed at what has happened in Thailand.

“The heroes are there, not at the World Cup – the kids, the divers and everyone involved in the rescue. For me, the World Cup comes second.”

Other football celebrities and English Premiership champions have also expressed their congratulations to the Mu Pa team from Mae Sai district of Chiang Rai.

Arsenal’s German footballer Mesut Ozil tweeted at @MesutOzil1088: “All boys and their coach have made it out of the cave in Thailand safely.#NeverGiveUp”

Fresh from helping France to win the World Cup semi-final against Belgium, Les Bleus’ midfielder Paul Pogba dedicated the victory to the boys on Instagram.

“The victory goes to the heroes of the day, well done boys, you are strong,” he wrote.

Pogba’s club Manchester United announced on Facebook that the Mu Pa boys are invited to a game at the Old Trafford in the new season.

“We would be honoured to welcome the team from the Wild Boars Football Club and their rescuers to Old Trafford this coming season.”

The invitation should bring smiles to the faces of the 12 Thai boys and their coach who were trapped inside the cave in Chiang Rai for more than two weeks.

Former England captain David Beckham also posted on Instagram to salute the rescue team, especially Saman Kunan who died during the operation.

“These boys are heroes, as is the coach, the men and the women who risked their lives rescuing them and the incredible Saman Kunan,” Beckham said.

As they have to spend a week at a hospital for recovery, they are unlikely to accept the invitation from Fifa president Gianni Infantino to the World Cup final in Russia this Sunday.

England’s defender Kyle Walker posted on Instagram asking for the address of the trapped boys because one of the victims wore England’s national jersey. 

“I’d like to send out shirts to them. Is there anyone who can help with an address?” asked Walker, whose team will face Croatia in the other World Cup semi-final tonight.

On Tuesday former English Premiership champions Leicester City released a clip saying in Thai “Mu Pa, klab baan” (Wild Boars, come home!).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30349851

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-7-11

I would say that many people need to take a step back, and take a weirdness check. People all over the world fixating on the small lives of these people that they have never met, never would have met, and never WILL meet.  It's OK up to a point, that point is 'the job is done', 'well done'. Beyond that, it gets decidedly unhealthy and a bit unsavoury. Worse than that are the famous people that keep butting in with their 'heartfelt' messages. Does anyone really care what Jose Mourinho thinks? Just send a cheque Jose, or some footballs, on the quiet, in a way that used to be labeled discreet, dignified, or unassuming. But no, we need his picture, and he needs the publicity, not the usual sort that he gets, but the 'Jose's a nice guy' sort, which understandably he DOES need. Could Kyle Walker not have found the boy's address' just by making some discreet phone calls ? Of course he could, it really can't be that hard with his connections, but he had to ask/tell the whole world about it. 

'Manchester United announced', 'Donald Trump tweeted', 'David Beckham posted'................

20 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

I would say that many people need to take a step back, and take a weirdness check. People all over the world fixating on the small lives of these people that they have never met, never would have met, and never WILL meet.  It's OK up to a point, that point is 'the job is done', 'well done'. Beyond that, it gets decidedly unhealthy and a bit unsavoury. Worse than that are the famous people that keep butting in with their 'heartfelt' messages. Does anyone really care what Jose Mourinho thinks? Just send a cheque Jose, or some footballs, on the quiet, in a way that used to be labeled discreet, dignified, or unassuming. But no, we need his picture, and he needs the publicity, not the usual sort that he gets, but the 'Jose's a nice guy' sort, which understandably he DOES need. Could Kyle Walker not have found the boy's address' just by making some discreet phone calls ? Of course he could, it really can't be that hard with his connections, but he had to ask/tell the whole world about it. 

'Manchester United announced', 'Donald Trump tweeted', 'David Beckham posted'................

I knew the "Ashamed to be British" brigade wouldn't be gone long...

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

These boys are heroes, as is the coach,

These people do spout complete b_llocks at times. The boys and the coach were responsible for a major crisis and international rescue effort. They are not the heroes of the hour, nor of the incident. 

Edited by Jonmarleesco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1