Phuket hit as Chinese cancel room bookings

webfact

We post all the answers and all the suggestions on how to improve, we can see through the crooks and the incompetents.

We can do this through our education, we had to apply our education and experience to live and work, we are not just connected and entitled.

Until Thais at all levels of society have decent education not much will change.

8 hours ago, jaiyen said:

There has never been any control of the tour boats by any of the so called Authorities. It was only a month ago when the boats were being loaded up from the beach ! It was total chaos. 

in phuket recently i watched every boat pulled parasail. NONE of the pilots had safety harnesses. they hold on to the rope only.  u dont see many hard hats or safety shoes at construction sites either.

5 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

They are not dominated by sex tourists as is evident with other demographic groups, who you most likely favour.

Who's talking about sex tourists and other demographics. I'm talking about rude, pushy, ignorant, inconsiderate Chinese tourists. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, doodle said:

Not here in the UK, it didn't. I never saw one report of it apart from here on Thai Visa. May have been 'blink and you miss it'. Wall to wall cave rescue though.

Dead right! They kept it well buried, which I think is why we are seeing the room cancellations.

Does anyone for one minute believe that Chinese tourists have cancelled their bookings? Not in a million years, this is a move by the Chinese government just to show what they can do if they do not get what they want.

The resulting negative press from the cancelled bookings will make it much further in the western media than any of their "quiet" reporting over the death of the tourists.

This will be a huge embarrassment for the Thai government, and about time too. And shame on the media who failed to report on this terrible tragedy, yes we know, they were only Chinese and there are loads more...….

2 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

Dead right! They kept it well buried, which I think is why we are seeing the room cancellations.

Does anyone for one minute believe that Chinese tourists have cancelled their bookings? Not in a million years, this is a move by the Chinese government just to show what they can do if they do not get what they want.

The resulting negative press from the cancelled bookings will make it much further in the western media than any of their "quiet" reporting over the death of the tourists.

This will be a huge embarrassment for the Thai government, and about time too. And shame on the media who failed to report on this terrible tragedy, yes we know, they were only Chinese and there are loads more...….

They, you mean Thai government, kept it out of the western media?

Please.

• Haha 1