Shock as Trump backs Putin on election meddling at summit

webfact

" Donald Trump wants you to know he’s getting away with it: Helsinki gloating fits a long pattern. Showing off his betrayal of America is the latest twist; Trump is parading around his allegiance to Putin, relishing the fact that he can commit what looks quite a bit like treason right in front of people's faces, all without paying any price for it.

He really likes doing bad things and getting away with it, and he especially likes bragging about it" 

https://www.salon.com/2018/07/17/donald-trump-wants-you-to-know-hes-getting-away-with-it-helsinki-shuffle-is-part-of-a-long-pattern/

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump Just Fell for ‘a Classic KGB Trick’

"Putin, former KGB case officer that he is, certainly knew that details would bore Trump, who imagined he was engaging in big-time statecraft even as he sounded petty and defensive. “It was obvious that Putin played Trump easily, since he was offering to solve all Trump’s political issues," Timur Olevsky, the Current Time/RFE television host, told The Daily Beast. "This is a classic KGB trick: first they create a problem for you and then they help you solve it.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-just-fell-for-a-classic-kgb-trick?ref=scroll

180716-dickey-trump-kgb-hero_bvjscs

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Helsinki, Finland, summit will surely go down as one of the worst-ever presidential performances on the international stage. Not since President John F. Kennedy was thoroughly intimidated when he met with the Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev in Vienna, Austria, in 1961 has an American president been so completely and artfully outflanked by his Russian counterpart.

If letting afool making a fool of himself is considered artful, then all Putin had to do was to stand there and smirk. Which I agree he did quite artfully.

Trump: "I have great confidence in my intelligence people - but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today. And what he did was an incredible offer..." The offer in question was to have the US legal team coming over and letting the russians help investigate their 12 nationals being indicted by us! 

What a fool believes (to borrow a title song from the Doobie Brothers, remember them?) And how we the American people can stand having such fool for a president is beyong belief. I remember one thing TRump said during his campaign: "This is going to be Brexit Plus PLus!" For once he spoke the truth and for once, I have no regret believing him.

Here's the pit bull following his master.

Wright-Helsinki-Summit.jpg

Trump's views, well summarized:

" The lowly state of Russo-American relations, he tweeted, was not the fault of the Russian government for seizing Crimea, shooting down a passenger airliner, interfering in America’s presidential election or using a banned nerve agent to kill citizens of a close ally on its own soil. No, it was the fault “of US foolishness and stupidity and now, the Rigged Witch Hunt”."    https://www.economist.com/democracy-in-america/2018/07/17/the-missing-middle-of-the-trump-putin-meeting?cid1=cust/ddnew/email/n/n/20180717n/owned/n/n/ddnew/n/n/n/nNA/Daily_Dispatch/email&etear=dailydispatch&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily_Dispatch&utm_term=20180717 

Does Trump know which country he represents?

I can't resist adding this:  Why is Trump so afraid of a witch hunt?  Is he secretly a witch?

And now this just in! LOL:    

BREAKING: Donald Trump reverses himself and says he not only supports the U.S. intelligence community but its conclusions on Russian hacking. What's scarier, that Trump said what he did yesterday or the fact  that he had no idea how bad the fallout would be?

27 minutes ago, AYJAYDEE said:

And now this just in! LOL:    

BREAKING: Donald Trump reverses himself and says he not only supports the U.S. intelligence community but its conclusions on Russian hacking. What's scarier, that Trump said what he did yesterday or the fact  that he had no idea how bad the fallout would be?

"What's scarier, that Trump said what he did yesterday or the fact  that he had no idea how bad the fallout would be?"

The more I think about that one, the more I agree it's scary. 

Is he that out of touch with the country he is supposed to lead?  Was he so arrogant he thought he could get away with such a blatant capitulation to Putin?  Will he try again?  Is he doing this because of his never-ending quest to ingratiate himself to Putin and cut lucrative real estate deals (a desire for oligarch levels of wealth) or does Putin really have something on him?  Did Putin give him permission to back down, for now?

In other words, is he a clueless fool, a greedy sell-out, or a frightened mole working for Russia?  I can't think of any other possibilities.

From very renowned CONSERVATIVE columnist, George Will --

This sad, embarrassing wreck of a man

A still more sinister explanation might be that the Russians have something else, something worse, to keep him compliant.

The explanation is in doubt; what needs to be explained — his compliance — is not. Granted, Trump has a weak man’s banal fascination with strong men whose disdain for him is evidently unimaginable to him. And, yes, he only perfunctorily pretends to have priorities beyond personal aggrandizement. But just as astronomers inferred, from anomalies in the orbits of the planet Uranus, the existence of Neptune before actually seeing it, Mueller might infer, and then find, still-hidden sources of the behavior of this sad, embarrassing wreck of a man.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-sad-embarrassing-wreck-of-a-man/2018/07/17/d06de8ea-89e8-11e8-a345-a1bf7847b375_story.html

At this point, REPUBLICANS are the only people that have the power to remove this disaster of a president. History will judge them and the way they've been acting so far (words at best with  no actions), they won't be looking good.

13 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

These shit countries can't even be bothered to meet 2% defense spending.

these shit countries helped make america great,they helped make the atomic bomb ,,they gave you penicillin they gave you the jet aircraft the gave you and the russians the where with all to put man into space they gave you computers and the internet all this after being devestated by two word wars.your statement was a bit harsh i would suggest.

12 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

oops, i dinna track back through those posts to see you were speaking about iraq only.  i assumed syria, as the russian is not operating in iraq.  that would be illegal. 

the russian airforce is operating lawfully in syria - unlike the turks or the americans or the french or etc. 

Be that as it may, the SDF backed by American forces were instrumental in defeating Isis in Syria. There is no doubt about that.

6 hours ago, pegman said:

How old are you?

image.jpg.007676346d40092eb009578a624c2af0.jpg

Yes I remember that, and I assumed some pedant would bring it up. 26 years ago a team of Americans and Dominicans in Canadian uniforms won the world series in the city of Toronto, 2 years in a row. You get a cookie.

Thanks to Traitor Trump for making allies into adversaries. I guess only Russia and North Korea are actually US allies now.

Foreign envoys decry Trump-Putin summit as 'devastating' and 'pathetic'

Instead, European envoys offered assessments that ranged from "frightening" and "devastating" to "an abomination," with some raising the need to create new strategies to deal with the US as a now less-than-reliable ally, perhaps even an adversary.

4 minutes ago, Silurian said:

I guess only Russia and North Korea are actually US allies now.

Satire from The Borowitz Report

Kim Jong Un Upset to Learn That Trump Is Seeing Other Dictators

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—The North Korean leader, Kim Jong Un, is reportedly “upset” and “hurt” that Donald J. Trump is seeing other dictators, sources in Pyongyang have confirmed.

According to an aide close to the North Korean leader, Kim was “devastated” to see images of Trump warmly embracing another dictator in Helsinki on Monday, just one month after jetting off to Singapore to spend a memorable and intense five hours with Kim.

Shortly after their time together, aides close to Kim warned him against becoming emotionally attached to Trump, alerting Kim to press reports linking the American to many other dictators.

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/kim-jong-un-upset-to-learn-that-trump-is-seeing-other-dictators

10 hours ago, heybruce said:

...People with far greater knowledge of this matter than me, and with no incentive to lie, are confident that Russia hacked the DNC server.  That's good enough for me.  Generating a conspiracy theory about the server is a deflection.

the appeal to authority?  i'll play!

who to trust in this matter?  i'll take stable genii for $200, alex!

the president of the united states

the leader of the free world

the lover of beautiful chocolate cake

the architect of the lowest unemployment rate in

history for blacks and hispanics

the chief executive of 17, count 'em, 17 intelligence agencies

the man whom's normal-sized hands may hold the 'football'

and enter the magical codes to vanquish all life on earth

the man whom's collected 140-character pearls of wisdom

are destined to be passed down through the ages as the 'I Tweet'

you on the other hand have chosen to side with the clinton

crime family dead enders and the failed bureaucrat flunkies

responsible for the slam-dunk wmd debacle, the arming of

moderate headchoppers, the destruction of libya and the

opening of the refugee floodgates to europa.

https://nypost.com/2018/07/17/trump-thanks-rand-paul-for-praising-his-position-on-russia/

Rand Paul gets it, many other people get it, yet the anti-Trump crowd still refuse to get it. When will you see the light, Trump bashers?  

Trump thanks Rand Paul for praising his position on Russia

Facing widespread condemnation for his fawning meeting with Vladimir Putin, President Donald Trump gave a shout-out to Sen. Paul Rand, who praised him for trying “to prevent us from having World War 3.”

“Thank you @RandPaul, you really get it!” Trump tweeted Tuesday morning, referring to Paul’s interview on “CBS This Morning.”

“‘The President has gone through a year and a half of totally partisan investigations — what’s he supposed think?’” he added, quoting the Kentucky Republican.

“Yes, the vast majority of the foreign policy community, the bipartisan consensus said you shouldn’t meet with Putin,” Paul said.

“They also said he shouldn’t meet with (North Korean leader) Kim (Jong Un) and this is an extraordinary thing about President Trump that should be lauded and not belittled is that he is willing to meet with adversaries to try to prevent us from having World War 3.”

Paul stood by the president’s decision to sit down with the Russian leader, saying that Trump “did a good thing” by meeting with Putin and warned his colleagues that it was a “mistake” to “try to turn this into a partisan escapade.”

Excerpt concludes here, link contains entire article.

2 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Pretty much its everyone outside the remaining vestiges of the "not my president" club. 

and shrinking every day. george will said it best: "this sad, embarrassing wreck of a man."

10 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

Rand Paul gets it,

Right up until ~ 14 days before he resigned, many people "got it" re: Nixon.

I think Rand Paul suffered more severe head trauma, than previously reported,  when his neighbour whupped his ass.

Rand needs to jet off to Russia to get Vlad's orders.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Right up until ~ 14 days before he resigned, many people "got it" re: Nixon.

I think Rand Paul suffered more severe head trauma, than previously reported,  when his neighbour whupped his ass.

Rand needs to jet off to Russia to get Vlad's orders.

Nixon, Trump. Nice of you to invoke this, but there isn't any overlap. Rand's  neighbor committed a violent crime against him; it's no joke. Sen. Paul has always been an astute, free thinking individual who makes up his own mind; he remains so. 

1 minute ago, Ramen087 said:

Nixon, Trump. Nice of you to invoke this, but there isn't any overlap. Rand's  neighbor committed a violent crime against him; it's no joke. Sen. Paul has always been an astute, free thinking individual who makes up his own mind; he remains so. 

what little thats left of it

2 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Trump following basic strategy. Keep your enemies closer than your friends.  This guy,  really is a genius and I hope one day to travel back to the US to meet him and shout him McDonald's.

he'll be easy to find. Go to Leavenworth and ask for the sad, embarrassing wreck of a man.

3 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Trump following basic strategy. Keep your enemies closer than your friends.  This guy,  really is a genius and I hope one day to travel back to the US to meet him and shout him McDonald's.

Putin is not Trump's enemy, you have to get it, whatever covfefe

Archived