'HE NEEDS HIS MOUTH TAPED UP' Mum of hero British caver says Elon Musk should be ‘put up against a wall and shot’ for calling her son a ‘paedo’

rooster59

2 minutes ago, shackleton said:

The Sun Tabloid  must be paying Verns mum now 

This great British Newspaper prints off any crap stories and loves to slag off anything to do with Thailand 

Definitely. The Sun is hardly a proper newspaper, any kind of sleazy story is it's stock-in-trade. They're probably putting together a report on paedophilia in Thailand right now, especially with the added excuse of the teacher arrested earlier in the week. Musk did a real disservice by using this ugly slur in the context of such an all round positive story as the cave rescue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, johnnyonesock said:

theres a big difference between alleging someone is a pedophile who has been deemed a hero for his part in rescuing  a bunch of kids from certain death and a throw away comment that was a vulgar opinion on the merits of an idea that even the Chiang Rai governor said wouldn't work...Musk was just out for publicity of that there is no doubt

Actually there is doubt in my opinion. He could have gotten the wrong data from the people responsible for the rescue operation. There was very little time and miscommunications can happen. I for one wouldn't automatically assume he did what he did for publicity. 

I bet a lot of other people and countries sent help that in the end wasn't used. 

The diver might be a hero. But I think he was wrong for saying that, and at the very least for phrasing it like that. It was uncalled for in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, tumama said:

But Elon does not have the right to be angry when the diver said to stick his "submarine" up his ass?

No he doesn't. The word ass wasn't used. Also Vern was put on the spot when asked the question by a reporter. Answered the question as diplomatically as he could (he's just an ordinary bloke - not a diplomat) whilst remaining truthful. Yes, I'm sure that Vern regrets ever having spoken to that hack but he just told the truth. I'm sure that he echoed the sentiments of just about everyone on the rescue team.

The only thing that the Musk Rat has to be angry about is that his pathetic scheme to gain publicity for his failing company backfired...big time!

• Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

<snip> Also Vern was put on the spot when asked the question by a reporter. Answered the question as diplomatically as he could (he's just an ordinary bloke - not a diplomat) whilst remaining truthful. <snip2>

Diplomatically? Stick (it)? PR stunt?

Edited by JLCrab

3 minutes ago, tumama said:

The word pedophile wasn't used either. But in both cases it's just semantics. 

The only use of the word pedo is an abbreviation of paedophile. No ambiguity there. Also claimed that all men that chose to live in Thailand must be "pedos". Seems to have a thing about pedos. I think he doth protesteth too much sire. Mabe welfare officers in the US should look into the need to safeguard his children. All of whom were conceived by artificial insemination. There's something really weird about the guy.

I would think by now the Musk lawyers have a plan of attack in place should Unsworth decide to sue at least in the US. And Unsworth might find an attorney willing to put up the expenses involved in the case even though he knows he might  lose just for the shear publicity it would entail.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

Now we know where Vernon learned his manners from. Behave or we shall shoot you with a bazooka!

Common usage for the word "bazooka" in the UK is a cream to dispel verrucas . Just as, in the UK, the term "stick your submarine where the sun don't shine" is common vernacular for "Please take your submarine home as, currently, we have no practical use for it".

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Common usage for the word "bazooka" in the UK is a cream to dispel verrucas . Just as, in the UK, the term "stick your submarine where the sun don't shine" is common vernacular for "Please take your submarine home as, currently, we have no practical use for it".

They come up with strange uses for words on their tiny little island.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Well as this may be headed to the legal arena, just to note that in California -- where Musk is a resident -- given the totality of the case, neither 'vile' nor whether the 'pedo' tag fits might  not be sufficient to prove libel as Musk's (now) legal team would obviously know.

A handshake and apology would be my resolution, but thats me

4 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

Best to think twice before you throw the first punch (actually, Unsworth got off three punches). The guy who punches back may put you on your ass. 

I agree, and as i said Vern shouldn't have kicked this off, but maybe Musk did or said something during the rescue phase that wound the divers up. We will likely never know.

Musk has apologised as he should have for his comment hence I think Vern should accept the apology and move on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

<snip>

Musk has apologised as he should have for his comment hence I think Vern should accept the apology and move on.

Maybe he should and maybe he will but his last words on record to the press (Guardian) were: This isn't over.

3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I won't settle for a cent less. Fancy joining a class action?

Class action where?

In Thailand:

Cases involving a group of persons who have the same interests and rights related to tort, breach of contract, and other laws including environment, consumer protection, labor, securities and stock exchange, and trade competition can petition to be filed as class actions by a plaintiff, which is a class member, together with the complaint. 

Edited by JLCrab

Elon actually said 'Pedo guy', which can be interpreted in different ways.

It literally means 'Child like guy'.  Like he accused him to act like a small child.

If you start adding letters like 'phile' to it to make it into 'Pedophile Guy', ok well then the meaning is what everybody assumed.

But without assuming and adding things (that are present in your mind) the comment was very mild.

• Like 1

Just now, JLCrab said:

Class action where?

UK, US or Thailand, up to you, my preference would be Thailand. The government may back us as it can't be too happy about Musk defaming it's MVP's.

3 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

This is what can happen when you pull a BS PR stunt like Unsworth did with the shoe taping photo and then criticize Musk saying what he did was a PR stunt.

In the overall events that were happening at the time, do you believe that he actually posed for him taping up his boots?

That would certainly take it to the next level IMO..................:coffee1:

3 minutes ago, Khun Jean said:

Elon actually said 'Pedo guy', which can be interpreted in different ways.

It literally means 'Child like guy'.  Like he accused him to act like a small child.

If you start adding letters like 'phile' to it to make it into 'Pedophile Guy', ok well then the meaning is what everybody assumed.

But without assuming and adding things (that are present in your mind) the comment was very mild.

Nope, it's only usage is as an abbreviation of paedophile. No other interpretations. Foul thing to call someone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:
8 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Class action where?

UK, US or Thailand, up to you, my preference would be Thailand. The government may back us as it can't be too happy about Musk defaming it's MVP's.

No most certainly up to any place you could pull it off which might be none of the above.